Page 429 of 772 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 11576
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The funny thing is...in comics being a God with such vast powers really doesn't amount to much because they can always be beaten, especially the very bad ones...all the time. They're never truly omnipotent or omniscient...as we're led to believe.

That's why I'm still quite lukewarm on Storm's Goddess-thing.
    While I can see Storm levelling up to God-mode if she has to but I don't necessarily see her dipping from that divinity well often. I would much rather see her expand her mutant abilities to stellar degrees now that she's out in Space.
    Pretty much all this.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think she will become Mars version of Gaea. The earth mother. I think as she proves herself the Arraki will believe in her. And it was awesome to see her use divine power to beat the Adversary in Coats run. I think it helped paved the way for her to be Regent in Mars.
    That would be fun. The mother of Mars. It makes sense i think even beyond her regency and i am thinking far ahead storm will always be seen as a key architect of mars and in some ways the omegas that helped her create it will always be a mythic part of that "pantheon."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The funny thing is...in comics being a God with such vast powers really doesn't amount to much because they can always be beaten, especially the very bad ones...all the time. They're never truly omnipotent or omniscient...as we're led to believe.

That's why I'm still quite lukewarm on Storm's Goddess-thing.
    While I can see Storm levelling up to God-mode if she has to but I don't necessarily see her dipping from that divinity well often. I would much rather see her expand her mutant abilities to stellar degrees now that she's out in Space.
    It’s true, some gods like Ororo are more powerful than others, and as we saw in in Black Panther being a god has its perks from time to time.
    The concept of a mutant goddes is both cool and original, it is also easily marketable and easy to catch.
    She’s not just the next mutant with unlimited potential.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It’s true, some gods like Ororo are more powerful than others, and as we saw in in Black Panther being a god has its perks from time to time.
    The concept of a mutant goddes is both cool and original, it is also easily marketable and easy to catch.
    She’s not just the next mutant with unlimited potential.
    I also find the idea of mutant god infinitely fascinating. There are alien mutants, mutants from other dimensions, why wouldn't there be a mutant god. And what adds to it imo is like i think of hercules in greek myth that was a demi god and had to go through his joruney to finally ascend to godhood. He had great strength etc inherent from his godhood. Storm has maybe the one drop rule of godhood but was born a mutant and with power that rivals a god. I think if it was anyone else they would have never ascended because they would not have been that grand. It is storms mutation that opened the gateway to her godhood. I just see so many pretty images when i think of exploring that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ok this is all my theory so take it with a grain of salt:
    (Lots of head canon in it but I might as well share it)

Usually in the marvel universe high-end powers can be categorized by 3 different qualities:

Cosmic Power (power of the body)(physics): pure ultra-science in reed Richards or thanos style, unified control over the 4 foundamental forces of the universe, it’s a world of particles and quantification and logic, affinity for technology ….. atoms, molecules, photons, gravity, radiation etc… are under direct purview. (Scientific heroes… hulk,Fantastic four, captain marvel, silver surfer, quasar…..)

Mystic Power (power of the soul)(philosophy): spiritual growth, esoteric knowledge, ability to manipulate magical forces for a variety of effects, it’s a world of spirits, fantastical creatures, elemental powers, extra dimensinal energies, karmic balance….. faith, symbolism, meaning & intention, arcane powers and knowledge can move reality accordingly. (Doctor Strange, Clea, Doctor Voodoo, Morgan le Fay….)

Psionic Power (power of the mind)(biology): walks the line between body&soul, psionic power generation and manipulation, can be studied scientifically despite having some hard to quantify qualities, it’s a world of will, biochemical manipulation of ones’s body, astral self, empathy, telepathy, consciousness projection, can affect the physical word by specific or generic application of psionic energies generated by the brain with different affinities (tele-hydro-photo-thermo-cryo-ergo etc…. -kinesis), (mutants, xavier, emma frost, jean grey, vulcan, proteus are just some top examples)

Hybridization is very possible and common, you can have psionic manipulation via cosmic energy or cosmic forces manipulation via psionic means, mystic powers can emulate cosmic feats or affect the body as psionic would.

Mortals usually only have 1 source of power and can at best develop (and loose) a secondary source during their lifespawn (think of Illyana Rasputin or Jean Grey during her time as phoenix)

GODS (this is really what makes Ororo so different from the rest) can be distinguished by mere mortals because they naturally possess personal intrinsic reservoirs of each branch, whether they decide to cultivate each of the three branches or just focus on one their nature is always trine, true gods have a COSMIC, MYSTICAL and PSIONIC dimension to themselves (think a tridimensional being ability to act opposed to a bi-dimensional one) ( this is where I see characters like Gaea, Thor, Storm, Chthon, Odin, Osthur etc….)
    The best explanation I've seen so far to make sense of all the different aspects of power in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    The best explanation I've seen so far to make sense of all the different aspects of power in the MU.
    Let me print a copy when you done because this is the good stuff.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-27-2021 at 09:03 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Usually in the marvel universe high-end powers can be categorized by 3 different qualities:

Cosmic Power (power of the body)(physics): pure ultra-science in reed Richards or thanos style, unified control over the 4 foundamental forces of the universe, it’s a world of particles and quantification and logic, affinity for technology ….. atoms, molecules, photons, gravity, radiation etc… are under direct purview. (Scientific heroes… hulk,Fantastic four, captain marvel, silver surfer, quasar…..)

Mystic Power (power of the soul)(philosophy): spiritual growth, esoteric knowledge, ability to manipulate magical forces for a variety of effects, it’s a world of spirits, fantastical creatures, elemental powers, extra dimensinal energies, karmic balance….. faith, symbolism, meaning & intention, arcane powers and knowledge can move reality accordingly. (Doctor Strange, Clea, Doctor Voodoo, Morgan le Fay….)

Psionic Power (power of the mind)(biology): walks the line between body&soul, psionic power generation and manipulation, can be studied scientifically despite having some hard to quantify qualities, it’s a world of will, biochemical manipulation of ones’s body, astral self, empathy, telepathy, consciousness projection, can affect the physical word by specific or generic application of psionic energies generated by the brain with different affinities (tele-hydro-photo-thermo-cryo-ergo etc…. -kinesis), (mutants, xavier, emma frost, jean grey, vulcan, proteus are just some top examples)

Hybridization is very possible and common, you can have psionic manipulation via cosmic energy or cosmic forces manipulation via psionic means, mystic powers can emulate cosmic feats or affect the body as psionic would.

Mortals usually only have 1 source of power and can at best develop (and loose) a secondary source during their lifespawn (think of Illyana Rasputin or Jean Grey during her time as phoenix)

GODS (this is really what makes Ororo so different from the rest) can be distinguished by mere mortals because they naturally possess personal intrinsic reservoirs of each branch, whether they decide to cultivate each of the three branches or just focus on one their nature is always trine, true gods have a COSMIC, MYSTICAL and PSIONIC dimension to themselves (think a tridimensional being ability to act opposed to a bi-dimensional one) ( this is where I see characters like Gaea, Thor, Storm, Chthon, Odin, Osthur etc….)
    Damn, I feel Marvel is losing an excellent writer right now, it's a good point I didn't realize.

But I just want to add that in the Coates run (BP #15 2016), it's said that "Gods originate from other Gods", in this case a demigod or something like that, so that can be taken as three interpretations.
    Attachment 111890

1. It would be that in the case of Oshtur created a bond, a very strong bond with Ororo, and then she gave portions of her powers to Ororo (in this case when she was still in her mother's womb)
    2. It's more like a small or large Recton, in fact Ororo is the daughter of some God or Goddess, but to make things worse it could be something like Oshtur or even Gaea gave their essence to their mother's womb something to generate Ororo, something very biblical indeed, would be an option not to change the entire history we know of Ororo.
    3. The option that I find easiest to happen is that in the lineage of Ororo there may be a Goddess, yes, since there are powerful witches, since she has one of the first supreme magicians in the universe, so why not someone who ascended to the Divine ? Making Ororo a "demigod", only because of the events of Wakanda did she emerge as a New Goddess.

Remembering that Oshtur is a Benevolent Goddess associated with Air, being one of the pillars of Magic, thus representing Light, Healing and Order (?), This explains why Ororo is the right person to face the Adversary who is a pandimensional demon, agent from chaos, to a very symbolic context, Chaos and Order go hand in hand, just as in Avatar, yin-yang

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well and so.

This will be my go to understanding because...
    1: It makes sense. and
    2: I do think there are some truths here even if Marvel doesn't specifically and explicitly state the categories. (Knowing Marvel...they will give some highfaluting and confusing exposition with a gazillion words to say the exact same thing).

It would make Storm one of the top-tier powerful characters because she can access all three "states of being" as an Omega but even more so if/when she goes God-mode.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    What will feats does she have?
    Is she on higher or lower side of indomitable will, I se many characters who have this but way different levels.

And can you explain the eternity spirit thing?I find this all very interesting
    Oh storm is very high on the indomitable will scale her power over the weather is tied to her emotions directly so by will she has to keep her emotions in check or else she can destroy the world. She has resisted the most powerful telepaths on earth out of sheeer will alone, and even resisted the combined might of xavier, Betsy, oracle at once and it was then stated she has the strongest will put of all the xmen.

The eternity feat is basically all of existence was in peril eternity the cosmic entity was gravely hurt and Dr strange needed to perform a surgery to save all existence. For the surgery to take place they needed to transfer eternity into the spirit of a mortal so dr strange can do the surgery but of all gathered and that includes silver surfer, the fantastic four and the like only storm and strange were stated to have spirits strong enough to survive eternity. So storm hosted eternity as strange did the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Let me print a copy when you done because this is the good stuff.
    We also need to start a petition for Marvel to slide him a check for doing their work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Oh storm is very high on the indomitable will scale her power over the weather is tied to her emotions directly so by will she has to keep her emotions in check or else she can destroy the world. She has resisted the most powerful telepaths on earth out of sheeer will alone, and even resisted the combined might of xavier, Betsy, oracle at once and it was then stated she has the strongest will put of all the xmen.

The eternity feat is basically all of existence was in peril eternity the cosmic entity was gravely hurt and Dr strange needed to perform a surgery to save all existence. For the surgery to take place they needed to transfer eternity into the spirit of a mortal so dr strange can do the surgery but of all gathered and that includes silver surfer, the fantastic four and the like only storm and strange were stated to have spirits strong enough to survive eternity. So storm hosted eternity as strange did the surgery.
    I remember that! It looked like Storm became Eternity.

Amazing Member

Wow this week's issue really showed how Storm should have been written all these years. And I'm even more hyped for S.W.O.R.D. #8

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I wanna say I love to see the growth of this thread DESPITE mods targeted attempts to truncate our posts!! I love to see it!

Now on to more important things. Dae this post is A1 spectacular! I love the breakdown here and I want to echo what others have echoed this is the best explanation I've seen on the subject.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wanna say I love to see the growth of this thread DESPITE mods targeted attempts to truncate our posts!! I love to see it!

Now on to more important things. Dae this post is A1 spectacular! I love the breakdown here and I want to echo what others have echoed this is the best explanation I've seen on the subject.
    I'm going to miss you.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Awww thank you for all you do to protect Storm <3
    you're very welcome boo and thank you to for joining in the discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So RPG is my second family, there were very good and bad moments, but if it wasn't for them I would never know comics universe. At the time I was very insecure and ignorant (I did not like the old comics at the time, I hated the drawings I thought were too tacky, lol), I listened to "the haters" more than I did, and I got so many opinions because of them, I just wanted powerful characters of the Thor levels, "supernovas and solar system", I liked the standard characters like Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman, Iron Man... (in the sense of having super attributes and energy, manipulation, explosion, a Captain Marvel), and then I saw a good friend use Storm and then I thought "Damn, I have to meet this character", but I still thought she was what the movies, animations showed (Winds, Lightning), and then I heard a lot "Storm doesn't compare to the God of the Hammer", "Magneto is better than her" among other things, and I didn't like to hear it, but I believed it because I didn't see much in the comics (I had no idea that it was very poorly written). I've never been a fan of grey-red, telepathy is not my focus, I think it's a lot of pigeon.

I also like tough characters in the sense of being fighters, lethal characters like the black widow and stuff like that (that's why Psylocke is my favorite telepath). Anyway, I stopped listening to the haters and started to read more deeply about Ororo, I wanted to prove to them that they were wrong in subsimala, but first I had to understand their true abilities, which were already too confusing, that's when you I found it in the forums, debates, respetch threads (I'm very happy to be talking to you right now), you were kind of important to me, I learned a lot from you, inspired me to read the old comics, made me open my eyes to the nerfs that the Storm was winning, it was always contained.

Storm has everything and a little more than I like in characters, very powerful, extremely versatile, in addition to her personality that I was enchanted, a character that can be welcoming, friendly, one who thinks of the innocent in the middle of a war, at the same As long as she doesn't lose her imposing, stiff posture, I love that about her. The spiritual and delicate relationship with which she uses her elemental powers is so magical, she has such defined powers that it just needs to be explored further (elemental powers are very versatile), Avatar inspired me a lot too (I would like to see her use the elements like a form of healing, as Katara does with water, connecting with her connection to Oshtur)

wow thank you for sharing your journey with me. its really awesome to see you had an open mind to learn about the character despite what many people were telling you many people would just take their word as gospel but it takes a critical thinker to seek knowledge for oneself to make their own informed decision. that is so very wonderful to see.

I'm glad you and I have connected as much as you have learned from me your knowledge you have shared here I too have learned from so we all are learning from each other which is beautiful.

I completely agree with all you said in your last paragraph. she is versatile and proficient in a lot of areas. Kamara was perhaps my fave on avatar. I always thought it would be cool to see storm bloodied but seeing your point it would be cooler to see her apply her spiritual abilities with water to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    True but I'd rather her be safe than sorry. These is a brand-new ballgame and she's never really dealt with people like this. I think her usual diplomacy won't really work all that well.

Would be cool if she and Gaea would have a conversation. Does Storm still worship Gaea or does her evolution into a Goddess change the dynamic?
    oh when I was talking about proving herself I meant by force. diplomacy won't work with the arakkii.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!