Page 661 of 772 FirstFirst ... 161561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 11576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I know she is "retired"but I would love to see the former seat holder Genesis and Storm interact.
    Same here! I would love for them to interact in a meaningful way. I remember the theories floating around that she was one of Storm's ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I guess Ororo is gonna have to keep spanking the Arakki.
    From SWORD #9 preview.

This panel of Storm gives me life. I hope we can keep this artist.

He’s a good fill in, but I’m hoping for Schiti back after Inferno. Maybe Schiti and R.B. Silva both rotating on S.W.O.R.D. or whatever Ewing’s book becomes in the X-line refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's time Storm says:
    "I've had enough of these challenges...they waste my time and energy. As Voice of Sol, I have far more pressing things to which I must attend."
    *then she lines up ALL her challengers in the CP and kills them one by one. Shocking, horrifying and inspiring the Arakkii once and for all.
    I nominate burning the circle perilous next-- please...

Yes Brand I was hoping to know what was the deal she made with Shiar too but nope we are stuck in xtreme xmen arena in 2021 -- dont drag till next year please...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    I nominate burning the circle perilous next-- please...

Yes Brand I was hoping to know what was the deal she made with Shiar too but nope we are stuck in xtreme xmen arena in 2021 -- dont drag till next year please...
    Hmm you getting sick and tired of the mortal Kombat style gifts I see.... Me tooo.

Particularly bored of seeing bored Arakki seated in bleachers -- im relishing though that this proves the problem I saw with last issues' goal to "convincing" Tarn doesnt convince the entire Arakko people - now who is this porcupine guy again? This is going to drag....we need more than knife fight stories

P.S. at least Mortal Kombat has sick but awesome selfie fatalities ---
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 10-15-2021 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

Guys I was right when I said tarn's amneth comment was alluding to something much bigger than we thought something far more primal.... Eldritch magic!

Attachment 114723

The jist of it is this: User can utilize Eldritch Magic, a variation of magic that is usually derived from some sort of Eldritch being. What this means ultimately depends on the universe it's used in, but more often than not it's not a good thing. Eldritch Magic practitioners are capable of doing things that can exceed many limitations of Magic usually at the cost of their physical form or their sanity. Eldritch Magic is usually accomplished via communion with eldritch masters. via super power wiki.

It is the magic they practice in the MCU.... But as a divine being it is possible storm has nigh unlimited reserves of this. Limbo storm was able manipulate reality itself with her magic create, destroy, astral project and more!

Eldritch magic is possibly even greater than chaos magic as chthon the primordial god of chaos in marvel is the source of chaos magic is an Eldritch being himself. It us the very power that created and sustains all the eldritch terrors beings and gods. That would explain why hadari yao was considered to be a bigger god than the adversary who is a god himself because she is much more primal. Plus she also posses divine magic.... This is all confusing.

Any magic afficionado here can kindly clarify what exactly eldritch magic truly is.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 10-15-2021 at 11:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Particularly bored of seeing bored Arakki seated in bleachers -- im relishing though that the point of "convincing" Tarn doesnt convince the entire Arakko people -is one of my points last issue - now who is this porcupine guy again? This is going to drag....
    Hmmmm ikr lol. At this point I am looking for comedic moments in the fight because aside isca no one on the planet is really a threat to her after taking down tarn... But even Isca seems to be chill with her.
    Also wondering the same thing about acupuncture mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Guys I was right when I said tarn's amneth comment was alluding to something much bigger than we thought something far more primal.... Eldritch magic!

Attachment 114723

The jist of it is this: User can utilize Eldritch Magic, a variation of magic that is usually derived from some sort of Eldritch being. What this means ultimately depends on the universe it's used in, but more often than not it's not a good thing. Eldritch Magic practitioners are capable of doing things that can exceed many limitations of Magic usually at the cost of their physical form or their sanity. Eldritch Magic is usually accomplished via communion with eldritch masters. via super power wiki.

It is the magic they practice in the MCU.... But as a divine being it is possible storm has nigh unlimited reserves of this. Limbo storm was able manipulate reality itself with her magic create, destroy, astral project and more!

Eldritch magic is possibly even greater than chaos magic as chthon the primordial god of chaos in marvel is the source of chaos magic is an Eldritch being himself. It us the very power that created and sustains all the eldritch terrors beings and gods. That would explain why hadari yao was considered to be a bigger god than the adversary who is a god himself because she is much more primal. Plus she also posses divine magic.... This is all confusing.

Any magic afficionado here can kindly clarify what exactly eldritch magic truly is.
    I heard that Eldrith is the weakness of chaos magic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I heard that Eldrith is the weakness of chaos magic
    Really? I didn't know that. In her wiki it is stated that the mystical aspect of storm has lead to her apotheosis as a god. A feat even the most seasoned mystics in all of marvel have rarely achieved I guess that's string evidence for the latent godhead as it literally hastens the process of ascending into godhood and makes is permanent rather than it depending on your current power level. Iceman at the height of his power is a godlike being in full measure but that power can be stripped weakend whilst storm who has the capacity to also become godlike by her mutation alone but also has a godhead which gives her the status of god by birth right.

This is very very interesting and I deeply hope that marvel if not Ewing would delve deeper into the subject as it pertains to storm and her ancestry. And I would prefer Ewing aside from Coates. Ewing is the master of marvel cosmic and can easily establish the importance of storms godhood and it's place in relation to the marvel universe or multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Really? I didn't know that. In her wiki it is stated that the mystical aspect of storm has lead to her apotheosis as a god. A feat even the most seasoned mystics in all of marvel have rarely achieved I guess that's string evidence for the latent godhead as it literally hastens the process of ascending into godhood and makes is permanent rather than it depending on your current power level. Iceman at the height of his power is a godlike being in full measure but that power can be stripped weakend whilst storm who has the capacity to also become godlike by her mutation alone but also has a godhead which gives her the status of god by birth right.

This is very very interesting and I deeply hope that marvel if not Ewing would delve deeper into the subject as it pertains to storm and her ancestry. And I would prefer Ewing aside from Coates. Ewing is the master of marvel cosmic and can easily establish the importance of storms godhood and it's place in relation to the marvel universe or multiverse.
    I think that kind of magic came out in Lovecraft, Cthulhu and the like tales...

Eldritch Magic: Chthon and those augmented by his power are vulnerable to eldritch magic, including that of the Darkhold itself.
    Carnage Vol2 #8
    Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #2
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Chthon_(Earth-616)

I read on the same site that Magik's soulsword and armor carry eldritch energy, maybe because of Limbo? Storm learned magic inside Limbo must be one of the reasons, although these wikis can't be believed at all, his theory makes sense.

Burn the Circle Perilous?! NEVER! I love that concept but I agree it shouldn’t be beaten to death either. I don’t think this should define Storm’s reign as the Regent, but I do love seeing her in action, and I think its prominence in the story may help explain/define how this role may impact Storm and the perception of what she sees as her mission.

Someone posted in the Sword thread that Vulcan should turn evil and dethrone Storm and take over. Is it horrible that I'd love to see how this fight would play out when written by a competent writer like Ewing? Vulcan the Omega Level energy manipulator Vs Storm Omega level Goddess.

Could he manipulate her divine energy? Would it boil down to a battle of wills? How would Storm counter his power when her go-to (lightning) would as effective as throwing a burning stick at the Human Torch. Would Arakko itself survive the fight? Could he turn off her powers altogether or would she be able to counter with her own electrical control?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Someone posted in the Sword thread that Vulcan should turn evil and dethrone Storm and take over. Is it horrible that I'd love to see how this fight would play out when written by a competent writer like Ewing? Vulcan the Omega Level energy manipulator Vs Storm Omega level Goddess.

Could he manipulate her divine energy? Would it boil down to a battle of wills? How would Storm counter his power when her go-to (lightning) would as effective as throwing a burning stick at the Human Torch. Would Arakko itself survive the fight? Could he turn off her powers altogether or would she be able to counter with her own electrical control?
    All this doesn't matter all she needs is a knife and it's ova for Gabriel omega energy or not. He really should be reading the news if he is considering crossing her asking his brother about storm would also be good for his heart literally!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

It could make an interesting fight, especially considering the location. If written competently I think Storm would tactically rely on her control over air and water vs lightning and electrical forces Vulcan could easily counter. She’s been able to create defensive counters to powerful energy attacks with wind alone. Vilcan has some impressive damage soak (his fight with Blackbolt) so while I think she would beat the breaks off of him in close quarters he definitely can take the punishment. I think She’d need her blades to finish him up close vs her fists/kicks/throws.I dont recall if he can shape energy into defensive shields (probably can) so he should be able also defend against Storm’s attacks. Both could go for a one shot by manipulating the electrical impulses in the brain, but Storm has some additional internal attacks With pressure manipulation and her control over water. Hard to say here imho. I’m at 50/50 at the moment.