Page 359 of 416 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 6228
  1. #5371
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    The Queen of Mars Got My Twitter Like! ^_^
    my twitter has been lit today love! im just so excited to see all this love storm is getting im literally so overwhelmed. its a great time for us guys!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #5372
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,738

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my twitter has been lit today love! im just so excited to see all this love storm is getting im literally so overwhelmed. its a great time for us guys!!
    I am indeed Very Impressed, this all has been an Amazing Last 2 weeks for her, maybe some of the BEST I have seen if 2 weeks for her in LONG TIME!

    I was away on Vacation at Disney World Last Week when Planet Sized X-Men Shock the Solar System Canon of Marvel to a Literal CORE in a way I never thought I would see, I hope they keep thing up these massive and bold moves and many stick!

    So while I was away I never got to ask and now With this week added onto of this all, HOW Does this All Feel and Mean to Longtime Storm Fans!?

    This is Bold stuff and after being at Disney and with Marvel Now FINALLY being Under 1 Home Finally Thanks to Disney and IMO How Well Disney Pushes it’s Female Power Houses like recently with Wanda in WandaVision and the Other Elemental Queen Elsa from Frozen!

    I have some good hopes and wishes for Storm going into the next decade with Disney’s backing, The MCU and Marvel’s Bold Moves in the Comics!

    What do you all think with these views?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  3. #5373
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    For those who were critical of their union for this reason always was mind boggling. She was nothing more than a supporting character after uncanny by Claremont and then after the annulled marriage that trend very much continued if not got worse. It seemed her being a supporting character was only an issue when it occurred outside the xbooks but was fine so long as she was playing this part in an xbook
    For me specifically I am not critical more like I only care because storm is there. I too am not a BP fan I only started enjoying wakanda when I saw the Dora milaje. I read the BP books mainly because storm was in them. Maybe it's because of me being ace but I genuinely did not care for x charachters love lives or any comic book charachter. I am not going to sit here and say Coates didn't do anything for storm he did and more he laid the foundation for her to deal on a multiversal level. But the BP relationship never sparked to me glad it did for many here I have noticed black couples getting cut short or not given enough attention.
    Right now I enjoying storm as storm by herself. The years after claremont save Coates and pak have been very rough on her charachter and I believe she would have to establish to all new readers who she us and always has been if along the way BP and her falls in love soo be it I genuinely think aside wolverine, forge and BP they would change her love interest. Wolverine had two partners now so he's out, so that leaves forge and BP her most prevalent relationships. Would be interesting for her to meet new people but as claremont said only the best would do for storm.

  4. #5374
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am indeed Very Impressed, this all has been an Amazing Last 2 weeks for her, maybe some of the BEST I have seen if 2 weeks for her in LONG TIME!

    I was away on Vacation at Disney World Last Week when Planet Sized X-Men Shock the Solar System Canon of Marvel to a Literal CORE in a way I never thought I would see, I hope they keep thing up these massive and bold moves and many stick!

    So while I was away I never got to ask and now With this week added onto of this all, HOW Does this All Feel and Mean to Longtime Storm Fans!?

    This is Bold stuff and after being at Disney and with Marvel Now FINALLY being Under 1 Home Finally Thanks to Disney and IMO How Well Disney Pushes it’s Female Power Houses like recently with Wanda in WandaVision and the Other Elemental Queen Elsa from Frozen!

    I have some good hopes and wishes for Storm going into the next decade with Disney’s backing, The MCU and Marvel’s Bold Moves in the Comics!

    What do you all think with these views?!

    1. Yes I totally would agree with the 2 weeks statement especially coming from the xbooks. This has been a pivotal, character defining moment for her definitely.

    2. I hope you had a great time on vacation at Disney!! Im sure you had a magical time!!!

    3. For me, this is a very much a moment of validation. I made a post previously but her fans were called all types of name for referring to her as a goddess and omega level mutant within the forum community and Marvel is now broadcasting to the world first that she is a goddess. How cool is that?

    4. I think with how well received wandavision was and also how Monica was, marvel sees the need that consumers have in wanting to see not only powerful women but also powerful black women in superhero media. I am greatly encouraged and excited by what I've seen. Im looking forward for what is to come.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    For me specifically I am not critical more like I only care because storm is there. I too am not a BP fan I only started enjoying wakanda when I saw the Dora milaje. I read the BP books mainly because storm was in them. Maybe it's because of me being ace but I genuinely did not care for x charachters love lives or any comic book charachter. I am not going to sit here and say Coates didn't do anything for storm he did and more he laid the foundation for her to deal on a multiversal level. But the BP relationship never sparked to me glad it did for many here I have noticed black couples getting cut short or not given enough attention.
    Right now I enjoying storm as storm by herself. The years after claremont save Coates and pak have been very rough on her charachter and I believe she would have to establish to all new readers who she us and always has been if along the way BP and her falls in love soo be it I genuinely think aside wolverine, forge and BP they would change her love interest. Wolverine had two partners now so he's out, so that leaves forge and BP her most prevalent relationships. Would be interesting for her to meet new people but as claremont said only the best would do for storm.
    I think the best storm we have seen has been when she was with tchalla at least once Coates started writing her. The xoffices deserve their props for what they did with sword 6 but they have a lot of work to do to repair the perception they allowed and created years ago. Her dealings with tchalla does not impact how the xoffices choose to write her. If anything they used her dealings as an excuse not to do anything with her. Now its time for them show us through action what they are going to do with her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #5375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Babies Marvel is popping off today honey.... I'm gagging:


    https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...07659308507136





    The Power of Tanehesi Coates
    If none of this results in Storm getting her own book then it's all pointless IMO. A single page of grandstanding shouldn't satiate what Storm fans have been asking(begging?) for years, but that's just me.

  6. #5376

    Default

    I wish Storm had simply called down a lightning bolt on Doom. On principle.

    “don’t come here...”

  7. #5377
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    If none of this results in Storm getting her own book then it's all pointless IMO. A single page of grandstanding shouldn't satiate what Storm fans have been asking(begging?) for years, but that's just me.
    its all a step in the right direction and considering many said marvel or the xoffices would never recognize what was going happening in black panther is substantial news. I certainly don't expect everything to be corrected overnight so I don't mind a measured, paced approach to getting her back on the right track. I do hope we get a solo book but if time is taken to establish her importance within the mu u certainly don't mind that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wish Storm had simply called down a lightning bolt on Doom. On principle.

    “don’t come here...”
    she has and blew him on his arse before






    she was trying something different.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #5378
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    For those who were critical of their union for this reason always was mind boggling. She was nothing more than a supporting character after uncanny by Claremont and then after the annulled marriage that trend very much continued if not got worse. It seemed her being a supporting character was only an issue when it occurred outside the xbooks but was fine so long as she was playing this part in an xbook
    While this is true, in every x-book after AvX, it fell flat. Even her solo series fell flat for me. Its because not only her but the entire x-line just got worse and stuck in a cycle.

    But even discounting the post effect of the divorce it doesn't take away with how horribly she was used during the marriage. Housewife has not and will never fit Storm and the thing me and other longtime fans like Val were saying is that its already enough that she was underused in the x-men but also then relegated to wallpaper and background furniture in black panthers world. It was all terrible on both fronts.

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Babies Marvel is popping off today honey.... I'm gagging:


    https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...07659308507136





    The Power of Tanehesi Coates
    This feels unreal but queen is getting her due!

  9. #5379
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    166

    Default

    And if Storm be part of Last Annihilation?, I read the SWORD #7 solicits and I feel that the "old friend" will be Storm and she and Doom will have a discussion about it.
    Last edited by HeraldOfStorm; 06-24-2021 at 01:28 PM.

  10. #5380
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,967

    Default

    More like the Power of Claremont... but whatever.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  11. #5381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    This feels unreal but queen is getting her due!
    is there finally going to be a rematch against Brunhilde the valkyrie? That last confrontation was... disappointing..

  12. #5382
    Incredible Member seccruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    More like the Power of Claremont... but whatever.
    Thank you! He was the one who made her the ultimate badass she is!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

  13. #5383
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,816

    Default

    Claremont didn't make her a literal goddess. Claremont didn't do a thing for her when Scott and Emma were running the show under Fraction nor did Claremont do a thing for her when Aaron had her being irrelevant under Logan shadow when he was Headmaster of the Jean Grey Institute nor did he do anything when Guggenheim had her taking orders from Kitty Xmen gold. I love Claremont and appreciate all he did for Storm in uncanny but what we are not going to do today is try and rewrite history as if some here have forgotten the events that transpired leading up to Coates writing storm in Black Panther.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    While this is true, in every x-book after AvX, it fell flat. Even her solo series fell flat for me. Its because not only her but the entire x-line just got worse and stuck in a cycle.

    But even discounting the post effect of the divorce it doesn't take away with how horribly she was used during the marriage. Housewife has not and will never fit Storm and the thing me and other longtime fans like Val were saying is that its already enough that she was underused in the x-men but also then relegated to wallpaper and background furniture in black panthers world. It was all terrible on both fronts.
    I think the worse thing from the marriage for me was the Dickey's story but they mostly read like normal folks married than anything else to me. hudlin explored her family, they actually talked about the potential omega level aspects of her power and had her fighting on the world stage during the human registration debacle. I can see how some fans didn't prefer his writing and while everything wasn't perfect the bp offices were trying to expand her story in ways the xoffices then were not trying to especially during that time. The stories coming out of the x-books were focused heavily around Scott and Emma.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    This feels unreal but queen is getting her due!
    right it is such a great time to be a storm fan!!!

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #5384
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Wait what is happening where is this from

  15. #5385
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    If none of this results in Storm getting her own book then it's all pointless IMO. A single page of grandstanding shouldn't satiate what Storm fans have been asking(begging?) for years, but that's just me.
    Eh I would prefer her leading a team of Arakki and Krakoa strike team tbh. Or if give her a 4 issue mini that rolls out into a team book.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    And if Storm be part of Last Annihilation?, I read the SWORD #7 solicits and I feel that the "old friend" will be Storm and she and Doom will have a discussion about it.
    I hope so waiting two months for more Storm is something I cant stand!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •