Page 193 of 772 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I am still not buying CoTA but I like what I saw of Storm in the preview. I liked this for the same reason I liked her XoS issue in Marauders. They are finally playing Storm with some edge, some grey areas of moral ambiguity Too often Storm is depicted as a paragon always in the right.

Claremont wasn't afraid to be a bit controversial with her. Subsequent writers have played it too safe with her for too long. It's about time they dirty her up a bit again. I honestly don't know if I think she went too far with Cap and the Avengers here. Was she too aggressive? Again I don't know, but I appreciate the ambiguity.
    Erhm I am confused why are people saying she is aggressive? I think this is the problem for soo long people stifle black voices especially black women under the daunting stereotype that any form of expression is loud or aggressive or getho. They came into an embassy with a condescending tone which got quickly checked by mystique. Then proceeded to give threats and statements about how the children if the atom are violating law and all which in their part I agree. Their land their law. But remember mystique is no longer a common foot soldier she is a leader of a nation so is storm.when the avengers speak they must do so with respect. The fact that they felt comfortable enough to come into krakoa souvereigty and make demands like they had some power was absurd. Like it was pointed out to them they have no authority there.same as in utopia when the phoenix came but that's a whole can of worms. All I am saying is storm was in the right to check them. They aren't peers. She even told him to call her storm by stating she would thank him to do so. The problem is not with storm but their foolishness to come there in that way in the first place. But that is the writer's fault. Honestly I do not appreciate avenger presence in x-men spaces. But I do love interactions with the different characters. I know storm has some for of relationship with some of them especially carol even though she kinda sucks now.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Erhm I am confused why are people saying she is aggressive? I think this is the problem for soo long people stifle black voices especially black women under the daunting stereotype that any form of expression is loud or aggressive or getho. They came into an embassy with a condescending tone which got quickly checked by mystique. Then proceeded to give threats and statements about how the children if the atom are violating law and all which in their part I agree. Their land their law. But remember mystique is no longer a common foot soldier she is a leader of a nation so is storm.when the avengers speak they must do so with respect. The fact that they felt comfortable enough to come into krakoa souvereigty and make demands like they had some power was absurd. Like it was pointed out to them they have no authority there.same as in utopia when the phoenix came but that's a whole can of worms. All I am saying is storm was in the right to check them. They aren't peers. She even told him to call her storm by stating she would thank him to do so. The problem is not with storm but their foolishness to come there in that way in the first place. But that is the writer's fault. Honestly I do not appreciate avenger presence in x-men spaces. But I do love interactions with the different characters. I know storm has some for of relationship with some of them especially carol even though she kinda sucks now.

maybe aggressive is not the right term but overly adversarial. when she told Xavier here very assertively she would not steal for him any longer the retort felt appropriate.

in the preview she is asking someone she has worked with many times to refer to her as storm, as if they were strangers and in that company is carol who is a friend. why the need to be combative knowing their history is the question?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If T'Challa did Cap like that I'd be even harsher with my criticisms because the two are actually supposed to be close friends. It's got nothing to do with man or woman and everything to do with basic decency, unless that is now a mere human concept too lol. It would be contrived conflict for T'Challa to speak that way with a fellow superhero who's coming in good faith to inform a statesman about a potential international incident caused by his citizens (or in Krakoa's case sub-species) breaking a law in a foreign land.

And for what it's worth I don't think the contrived writing of Marauders #13 came from Storm not waiting on T'Challa, it was from her not being given the sword (which had been purely created to spark a conflict in the first place with its contrived rules and lore) in the first place. And T'Challa apparently getting his mommy's messages but not caring enough about the situation to let his people know when he would return. Storm was justified in stealing Skybreaker but the story bent over backwards in its structure to make that the case by forcing an artificial conflict that was undercut by her being like the 2nd person to arrive at the summoning circle. But I recognize it was an editorial mandate and wanted the pair broken up anyway so I'm not complaining as long as future BP writers don't reference the BS lore Vita tried to introduce.

The Avengers aren't asking to speak with a head of state so I don't really see the comparison. They were speaking to a high ranking member of the Krakoan governing body about a possible imprisonment of their people due to breaking an American law they disagree with. I don't see the Wakandans being as accusatory as Storm since she basically implies that because the Avengers dislike how the law applies to the Champions they're ok with the US only targeting mutants who break the law, which is a stretch to say the least lol. In fact we saw evidence of how Wakanda would act when asked to do something for the greater benefit of the world or their own security. They greeted Storm as a sister and daughter then promptly offered literally every bit of aid imaginable, from their own Wakandan armies to several sacred swords, all the way to their substantial technological resources. The one thing they weren't willing to do was give up this super important sword that Vita made up for that issue with a stupid clause designed to spark conflict between the two parties present lol. So even by the standards of how Vita normally likes to contrive her stories she didn't do a good job because Mystique was acting like a bitch right out the gate lol.

I get wanting Storm to have more bass in her voice, believe me, I'm a BP fan that's seen one of the strongest personalities in the MU neutered for fake deep writing. But I don't think being unnecessarily aggressive when people are informing them about a law that poses a threat to their citizens is the way to go about it. I don't believe she was being an angry black woman but I also don't believe that being polite and appreciative would've made her a mami or been a repeat of times when she was actually written as one. That said, happy you enjoyed the issue lol, I'm not even reading COTA but I just wanted to put that out there.
    If it were wakanda or an embassy and Steve barged in unannounced making a rukus he will get checked immediately not just by tachala but by the dora milaje... They don't take kindly to any one challenging their souvereigty not even their friends. That is why namor has a very cold shoulder towards the avengers and the x-men he is a leader of a nation as such the embodiment of the hopes and aspiration of his people. Allowing a mere commoner to talk down on him not anywhere but his own country where he is souvereign is an insult not just to him but to his people. It's a simple issue really it's a mutant issue or so it seems the mutants will handle it. The avengers were seen out and business resumed.

Also I feel like the only person who picked up on how done the mutants especially storm is with the avengers. Like she has lost the ability to even pretend to be pleasant around them. I like this I want to see more nuanced within her character they are people with emotions though superheroes they also get affected by what happens around them too. The constant death, the fighting, the endless debates over whether they are safe to be allowed to exist, the constant terror of being targeted. Even storm as powerful and mighty as she is also gets affected if not for herself but for her people. I feel this has hardened her against others and made her willing to burn bridges if she believes it will save her people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    maybe aggressive is not the right term but overly adversarial. when she told Xavier here very assertively she would not steal for him any longer the retort felt appropriate.

in the preview she is asking someone she has worked with many times to refer to her as storm, as if they were strangers and in that company is carol who is a friend. why the need to be combative knowing their history is the question?
    The storm thing I feel is a mutant thing. They are now claiming their identity and call themselves by their mutant names. Even kate evolved. Storm has always been proud and yes she cap, tony and carol have a relationship. But like I was saying I believe she is just tired. I feel it too.i currently live in a third world country where queer people are illegal everyday people preach how queer people are evil and need to suffer. They beat and attack queer people with no provocation. It is sooo dire that queer activist are running for their lives. I watch this I see this and I have experienced tis for sooo long that even though I enjoy a certain amount of privilege I still feel the trauma of my fellow queer people who are not as fortunate as me. And frankly I am done most people I think are my friends over the couple of years I have learn will lynch me without a second thought if they knew I was queer. Those who know do little to nothing about it and try to coputulate to the status quo.

I say this to draw a parallel storm is tired. She is fed up and she is now willing to destroy anyone who threatens her people and cast aside those who are in her way even her love tachala. It is honestly very refreshing.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 04-08-2021 at 04:32 PM.

The storm thing I feel is a mutant thing. They are now claiming their identity and call themselves by their mutant names. Even kate evolved. Storm has always been proud and yes she cap, tony and carol have a relationship. But like I was saying I believe she is just tired. I feel it too.i currently live in a third world country where queer people are illegal everyday people preach how queer people are evil and need to suffer. They beat and attack queer people with no provocation. It is sooo dire that queer activist are running for their lives. I watch this I see this and I have experienced tis for sooo long that even though I enjoy a certain amount of privilege I still feel the trauma of my fellow queer people who are not as fortunate as me. And frankly I am done most people I think are my friends over the couple of years I have learn will lynch me without a second thought if they knew I was queer. Those who know do little to nothing about it and try to coputulate to the status quo.

I say this to draw a parallel storm is tired. She is fed up and she is now willing to destroy anyone who threatens her people and cast aside those who are I her way even her love tachala. It is honestly very refreshing.
    Maybe its just this era where Storm seems to be all over the place. In one issue she can be seen dancing with humans and then in this preview she is all concerned with only mutant affairs. Ororo has been a fighter for both human and mutantkind, understanding threats can exist on both sides. We must not forget also that she is a part of many tribes - she is African American, she is Kenyan, she is a woman, mutant and yes human - and she has always fought for everyone. I thought outback storm was one of the best versions of storm where she didn't flinch at killing. But individuals she just fought to save the world with during knulls assault on it who "barged" into their assembly wouldn't require, imho, such an abrasive exchange. Shes been a diplomat as a queen of wakanda, this isn't her first rodeo.

She may be tired but that wouldn't stop her from protecting all life regardless of if they are mutant or not.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

That was never in question. She does value all life. But as like with her the BLM movement we say black lives matter not because all lives do not matter less than black lives, but because black people are being killed for being black. Mutants get met with violence everyday for being mutants, At a disproportionate rate than humans. Are there dangerous mutants ofcourse but that doesn't make them not vulnerable.

Also on the storm character part you do remember in the first x-men book in dawn of x storm told Scott that she is tired. I think this is what she meant. She is fed up. I mean how long are you going to sit and take it even scott said it when Sue asked him. They as a collective are just done with humans. Doesn't mean they hate humans or won't preserve humans but that they are done going out if their way to help them. They are focusing on their own now. Storm has family whom she loves but as of now they sent in immediate danger not unlike her other family. Whom after establishing their nation had their leader assassinated months after have been attacked constantly. They are done. That what I have understood from this era. I believe the coming era will point how they are wrong and how humans are good and that mutants need humans and stuff but right now that are done.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Maybe its just this era where Storm seems to be all over the place. In one issue she can be seen dancing with humans and then in this preview she is all concerned with only mutant affairs. Ororo has been a fighter for both human and mutantkind, understanding threats can exist on both sides. We must not forget also that she is a part of many tribes - she is African American, she is Kenyan, she is a woman, mutant and yes human - and she has always fought for everyone. I thought outback storm was one of the best versions of storm where she didn't flinch at killing. But individuals she just fought to save the world with during knulls assault on it who "barged" into their assembly wouldn't require, imho, such an abrasive exchange. Shes been a diplomat as a queen of wakanda, this isn't her first rodeo.

She may be tired but that wouldn't stop her from protecting all life regardless of if they are mutant or not.
    Yeah I feel that for this era as a whole. Different writers have different interpretations of Krakoan pride and mutant/human relations. I feel like that inconsistency presents itself within Storm because she shows up in various books but no one is writing the "definitive" Storm (in the way that Duggan is writing the definitive Kate or Percy is writing the definitive Wolverine).

Like in some QC meetings she seems pretty callous, but then sometimes she's very empathetic. It's primarily based on the needs of the plot and not the character.

That was never in question. She does value all life. But as like with her the BLM movement we say black lives matter not because all lives do not matter less than black lives, but because black people are being killed for being black. Mutants get met with violence everyday for being mutants, At a disproportionate rate than humans. Are there dangerous mutants ofcourse but that doesn't make them not vulnerable.

Also on the storm character part you do remember in the first x-men book in dawn of x storm told Scott that she is tired. I think this is what she meant. She is fed up. I mean how long are you going to sit and take it even scott said it when Sue asked him. They as a collective are just done with humans. Doesn't mean they hate humans or won't preserve humans but that they are done going out if their way to help them. They are focusing on their own now. Storm has family whom she loves but as of now they sent in immediate danger not unlike her other family. Whom after establishing their nation had their leader assassinated months after have been attacked constantly. They are done. That what I have understood from this era. I believe the coming era will point how they are wrong and how humans are good and that mutants need humans and stuff but right now that are done.

its hard to claim she values life when her only emphasis seems to be on mutant life. we definitely see her fighting and beung a champion for all in BP and even hickmans book when she fought for the shiar. however, that isn't necessarily the tone I've seen from this writer. also, to your point about blackness as 616 mirrors the real world why is she only a champion for persecuted mutants? it goes back to my point about her tribes. if she is fuhtunh for everyone, as she in the past has done, it wouldn't become so jarring when she becomes this character only focused on preserving mutant life.

again I get she is tired but the avengers are seeking to persecute mutants (which we don't even know if they are mutant yet) they were engaging out of a place of concern looking to prevent something bad happening to the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I feel that for this era as a whole. Different writers have different interpretations of Krakoan pride and mutant/human relations. I feel like that inconsistency presents itself within Storm because she shows up in various books but no one is writing the "definitive" Storm (in the way that Duggan is writing the definitive Kate or Percy is writing the definitive Wolverine).

Like in some QC meetings she seems pretty callous, but then sometimes she's very empathetic. It's primarily based on the needs of the plot and not the character.
    I think some writers get her over others but everything I seen from vita thus far does not convey they get the character.

I'm just baffled by that entire scene, and I don't even usually care about Storm much. From the way she talked you would think Krakoa and the rest of Earth were on different planets. The only hostility in that entire conversation came from Storm and Mystique, and I'm struggling to understand what their point was. The members of the Avengers have been trying to help younger heroes oppose CRADLE and the dumb law! Captain America literally liberated a huge group of children from cages in the Miles Morales series! And if there's a group of young mutants running around being vigilantes while this is going on, why WOULDN'T they try to reach out to the X-men about this? It would kind of have important international implications if a group of mutants were suddenly rounded up for concentration camps!

If anything, the way Storm brings this up actually makes her and Mystique look bad. The Avengers have been opposing the law for everyone, but Storm only cares when it effects mutants. Or does she not think American laws apply to mutants at all anymore? I'm so confused.

im not baffled read outlawed champions. Storm saw first hand what human law is doing to human children.

Attachment 108240

I'm glad the x-writers are at least paying attention to where their characters are being used in books outside the x-books.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-08-2021 at 06:19 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    im not baffled read outlawed champions. Storm saw first hand what human law is doing to human children.

Attachment 108240

I'm glad the x-writers are at least paying attention to where their characters are being used in books outside the x-books.
    what does storm seeing what human law is doing with why she is being so combative against the avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm just baffled by that entire scene, and I don't even usually care about Storm much. From the way she talked you would think Krakoa and the rest of Earth were on different planets. The only hostility in that entire conversation came from Storm and Mystique, and I'm struggling to understand what their point was. The members of the Avengers have been trying to help younger heroes oppose CRADLE and the dumb law! Captain America literally liberated a huge group of children from cages in the Miles Morales series! And if there's a group of young mutants running around being vigilantes while this is going on, why WOULDN'T they try to reach out to the X-men about this? It would kind of have important international implications if a group of mutants were suddenly rounded up for concentration camps!

If anything, the way Storm brings this up actually makes her and Mystique look bad. The Avengers have been opposing the law for everyone, but Storm only cares when it effects mutants. Or does she not think American laws apply to mutants at all anymore? I'm so confused.
    keep laying out the facts boo I completely agree with everything said here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    It's cute. Needs more melanin though
    Need more melan? This is a brown skinned woman.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Need more melan? This is a brown skinned woman.
    yes more melanin please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I am still not buying CoTA but I like what I saw of Storm in the preview. I liked this for the same reason I liked her XoS issue in Marauders. They are finally playing Storm with some edge, some grey areas of moral ambiguity Too often Storm is depicted as a paragon always in the right.

Claremont wasn't afraid to be a bit controversial with her. Subsequent writers have played it too safe with her for too long. It's about time they dirty her up a bit again. I honestly don't know if I think she went too far with Cap and the Avengers here. Was she too aggressive? Again I don't know, but I appreciate the ambiguity.
    Well said. Personally I love the firm directness she is giving off to the Avengers with respect to Where mutants are in the MU now. As part of the Governing body of Krakoa I actually prefer this stance for her the QC on any mutant related incidents. Being on human territories offers a lot potential for delicious conflicts with global impact.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Love it <3!

BANNED

And she didn't imply they are, she just doesn't have time for them. Read the convo like this: "Hey storm some kids dressed like mini x-men are running around town causing damage you better do something or this will lead to cradle sending them to a concentration camp"
    "Ohk I have heard you... You can leave now, we would handle this."
    The tension in the conversation is subjective you saw unnecessary roughness, I saw her reply as; ohk and?

And to be frank I love these stories about storm what makes her a great character is her complexity like I have stated before she is a mixture of contradictions in perfect balance with each other. The Queen and the thief, the believer and the goddess, the leader and self doubter, these are parts of her among others she is not just a protector, she is not just mother earth kumbaya. She has seen the desolation of poverty and the wealth of kingdoms and empires, she has been a nobody and a divine being. Her nuance to a situation is one I dare not attempt to comprehend. Just because she values all life doesn't mean she isn't going to check some people when they are out of line. That place was krakoa it is an embassy and you can't barge in there making demands, there are rules that governs the place. That is why mystique was telling them to check their tone. Storm is not unreasonable she knows to an extent they are right even mystique admits to the fact that the children must be tracked down. The fact that Steve thinks he and his associates can enter krakoa and tell them what to do on their on land is what makes it absurd it can even lead to war. Mind you the x-men are not just a superhero team now they are a nation and as such enjoy souvereigty. Avengers making demands at them was erroneous they could have sent an email or a text or even a phone call. That's how diplomacy works. Not barging into embassies thinking their being avengers gives them some levy of authority in krakoa. As she mystique puts it they have no authority there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Well said. Personally I love the firm directness she is giving off to the Avengers with respect to Where mutants are in the MU now. As part of the Governing body of Krakoa I actually prefer this stance for her the QC on any mutant related incidents. Being on human territories offers a lot potential for delicious conflicts with global impact.

Love it <3!
    Exactly people are acting like namor doesn't do this at every meeting, or when push comes to shove tachala checked people even the god of thunder, even thor checked tony lately when he tried trespassing into asgard. Leaders of nations have a sacred obligation to their people they speak not of themselves but of their entire nation. If it were maybe rouge or beast or other important members who are not council members I will have thought it was too rash. But saying take your rugrats to a souvereign really?
    They were out of line they were put back in place next time they should call or send an email.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Well it doesn't apply to mutants anymore. All mutants are citizens of krakoa by birthright unless renounced by said mutant. Also the hostility you are saying comes from storm and mystique, let me ask you a question do you think a celebrity can barge into let's say China's embassy or high commission in america and start making demands of them. What do you think is going to happen if that occurs. Even scott the captain commander of krakoa was scolded when he interrupted a quiet council meeting without being invited. Now were the avengers invited to the embassy, nope. did they seek an audience or just entered making demands, yep. Did they risk placing the United States in diplomatic incident with krakoa, YES! The fact that they are leaving the same way they came shows that storm still has deep respect for them as a team. They acted a fool next time they should make their grievances known through the proper channels.

Also shouldn't captain america be combating this law, he has sooo much clout in the country he is freaking Captain America. Rescuing children from a concentration camp is terrific, but what happens to the children brought the next day or the next or the day after that. As storm implied he would find better success fighting the law makers than standing in krakoa yelling.