Page 339 of 772 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Which, as lovely as it sounds, is ultimately an empty accolade along with "most popular" and "most stand out" if...going by some of the sentiment voiced here and elsewhere, the writers keep ignoring just how spectacular she is and not giving her the place to be front and centre. But it's great her fans keep the passion alive.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-19-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I have to say, although I’m impressed with what Storm did in Planet Size, it was kind of underwhelming. They could have done much more with the art to show what she was actually doing and could have gave her at least one more scan showing her sculpting the climate. Is Storm supposed make a big appearance in S.W.O.R.D #6?
    we believe so but we do not have any proof of this just yet

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Most published female comic charachter.
    indeed. I dont know why stating the FACT she is the most popular female character in her appreciation thread have some so bothered. we know she isn't utilized properly often times not being front and center; however, even if those things are true it doesn't make the claim about her popularity less true. in fact, its because of this her fans want writers to give her the proper due respect she deserves.

just in case you forgot this was done by the girls at Marvel. Who would have thought the creators over at marvel would care about such silly empty accolades as who is their top female character???
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-19-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm not at all bothered...I'm apathetic.
    And seeing as how my post was misconstrued...I applaud those accolades, as empty as they are. As I said...at least her fans recognise her value, even if it seems, by certain estimations (not mine), the writers and editors don't.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

a lot of what you are saying goes without doing so. of course her fans would see value in the fact she is popular because we as fans find appreciation in these things. what I dont understand is why is there a need to highlight that there are some who don't fancy her, specifically her writers when fans are aware of this?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Because my point stands...if the fan-recognition does not translate to what's actually written then...it's all hollow. Nice, good for a sound-bite and a click but hollow none-the-less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Which, as lovely as it sounds, is ultimately an empty accolade along with "most popular" and "most stand out" if...going by some of the sentiment voiced here and elsewhere, the writers keep ignoring just how spectacular she is and not giving her the place to be front and centre. But it's great her fans keep the passion alive.
    True that, but that is an accolade nonetheless. Though it's disheartening that writer's don't see her beyond her featuring power.

its not just fans. there is a literal video of marvel employees who stated she was their favorite. she's is more popular than cyclops, she is more popular than jean, rogue, Emma etc., and stating this fact does not mean anyone here is making it a popularity contest, which was your initial point before inserting her lack of use by the xoffices. again, stating the fact she is their most popular character behind Wolverine doesn't mean we are not aware of her shitty treatment by the xoffices. posters even pointed to this after her climate creation display in ps.

I would love marvel and DC to do another crossover like this, though I'm certain wonder woman would win a fan voted story due to the crappy foxmen movies.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where is this from?
    Uncanny X-Men 203 circe 1980's.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh, yes! That is beauty-full and evocative page.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Uncanny X-Men 203 circe 1980's.

Exactly.
    thank you I've read all of the uncanny issues but didn't recall that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would love marvel and DC to do another crossover like this, though I'm certain wonder woman would win a fan voted story due to the crappy foxmen movies.

I remember being so excited when Ororo won
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

My tribute to the Goddess is finally ready, you should recognize a very familiar location

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My tribute to the Goddess is finally ready, you should recognize a very familiar location

This is very well done!!

this is so gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful image!

I remember being so excited when Ororo won
    I wasn't really into comics at that time when this took place but I would have gone batsh!t crazy if I were.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

@Butterflykiss: If you haven't read it (and you want to read it). Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    If you haven't read it (and you want to read it). Enjoy!
    I looked at that issue number and it was different. are you sure it's 203?