Page 311 of 772 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 11576
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    honestly I don't even know what the gala thing was for anyway. It didn't serve any purpose imo
    To show the rest of the Marvel Universe, and readers, the new X-Men status quo.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so the two highlighted issues in red were not that amazing to me so hopefully next week with planet size and the following with sword we get something impressive with storm. also interesting that tchalla is there but has yet to be shown once interacting with ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

fixed up Storm face a bit on this one.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    fixed up Storm face a bit on this one.

I love that you put Claremont and Storm together. He truly loved this character and if not for him we wouldn't be here talking about our beloved Goddess!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

This is so perfect I don't want to complain.
    They forgot Kenyan Princess.
    Love that her tiara is her emblem.
    Actually love the cape design. (MCU hope you taking notes)

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    This is so perfect I don't want to complain.
    They forgot Kenyan Princess.
    Love that her tiara is her emblem.
    Actually love the cape design. (MCU hope you taking notes)
    yea there are some things that could be different but overall I like it. she is the only xmen to be featured in the game so far.

BANNED

yea there are some things that could be different but overall I like it. she is the only xmen to be featured in the game so far.
    Y'all I wanna be messy and ask... If terraforming a planet is something all the omega mutants are doing at the gala is that a bit underwhelming?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Y'all I wanna be messy and ask... If terraforming a planet is something all the omega mutants are doing at the gala is that a bit underwhelming?
    it wouldn't be if storm was doing it by herself. the fact that she isn't potentially is what names it underwhelming for me.

BANNED

it wouldn't be if storm was doing it by herself. the fact that she isn't potentially is what names it underwhelming for me.
    Exactly! I am studying for a paper and I am reading up on plate tectonics you know the stuff that is responsible for the movement of the continents and such and it is crazy how similar the mechanisms inside the earth are just like
    The mechanisms of the atmosphere. Convection cells control the whole thing leading to new land, continental drift, earthquakes, volcanoes and such. Convection cells also dominate the weather and is what leads to storms. The fact that they do not make storm doesn't utilize this ability to is honestly criminal. The Jetstream of the atmosphere, Mid-Atlantic current of the oceans and the convection cells of the entire rock body of the earth all work in the same way pressure differentials and convection patterns, forces storm literally has demonstrated control over.
    Attachment 110399

She of all the omega mutants know what makes a planet tick, what makes it hospitable, how it works. She has direct control of all it's myriad forces as stated in the rouge storm story and can become one with it, but here we have a whole 12 omega mutants trying to make one planet hospitable. Like if the humans are impressed by this I would be shocked because other heroes and even omega mutants have done much more.

Exactly! I am studying for a paper and I am reading up on plate tectonics you know the stuff that is responsible for the movement of the continents and such and it is crazy how similar the mechanisms inside the earth are just like
    The mechanisms of the atmosphere. Convection cells control the whole thing leading to new land, continental drift, earthquakes, volcanoes and such. Convection cells also dominate the weather and is what leads to storms. The fact that they do not make storm doesn't utilize this ability to is honestly criminal. The Jetstream of the atmosphere, Mid-Atlantic current of the oceans and the convection cells of the entire rock body of the earth all work in the same way pressure differentials and convection patterns, forces storm literally has demonstrated control over.
    Attachment 110399

She of all the omega mutants know what makes a planet tick, what makes it hospitable, how it works. She has direct control of all it's myriad forces as stated in the rouge storm story and can become one with it, but here we have a whole 12 omega mutants trying to make one planet hospitable. Like if the humans are impressed by this I would be shocked because other heroes and even omega mutants have done much more.
    thank you for drawing the parallels between gaseous atmosphere and how the earth behaves similar to it. I think many here have said it before but if ororo was written to the full level of what her abilities allow for she would would handling most conflicts in these stories by herself. So I get how they handle her to a degree since she is in a team book but with the little they have shown us I still don't believe the writers have a true grasp of her abilities hence why we get lightning mostly. That scan you provided of storm was a huge moment because it showed another level of awareness when it comes to her powers that was always there based upon galatic core but I dont think the current writers get this.

I'm curious what they will have the omegas do but I'm already feeling like its going to be a dud.

BANNED

thank you for drawing the parallels between gaseous atmosphere and how the earth behaves similar to it. I think many here have said it before but if ororo was written to the full level of what her abilities allow for she would would handling most conflicts in these stories by herself. So I get how they handle her to a degree since she is in a team book but with the little they have shown us I still don't believe the writers have a true grasp of her abilities hence why we get lightning mostly. That scan you provided of storm was a huge moment because it showed another level of awareness when it comes to her powers that was always there based upon galatic core but I dont think the current writers get this.

I'm curious what they will have the omegas do but I'm already feeling like its going to be a dud.
    I don't want to jinx it but I do believe it is a dud.

But onto storm being written that way. It makes sense but the truth is even if all she is doing is throwing lightning it doesn't excuse why they make her soo weak. There is no creativity NONE! It's almost astonishing how much they simply do not grasp her abilities. A lot of solo heroes are far weaker than lightning lass. I mean I don't want to be that person but spiderman, kamala Khan among others all have long running solo careers. The sheer versatility of storms power to be frank it's hard to imagine and I think about her and her abilities a lot. I mean if we take her electrokinetic abilities alone and the human body and the function of electricity in it, what the synapses do for the body it is really mind numbing how she hasn't really delved deep into it. But in the name of a good story we must sacrifice power development is something I am a bit iffy about considering Thor, hulk, strange, Sue and the like all seem not to make such sacrifices even jean doesn't and she is part of the ensemble.

I don't want to jinx it but I do believe it is a dud.

But onto storm being written that way. It makes sense but the truth is even if all she is doing is throwing lightning it doesn't excuse why they make her soo weak. There is no creativity NONE! It's almost astonishing how much they simply do not grasp her abilities. A lot of solo heroes are far weaker than lightning lass. I mean I don't want to be that person but spiderman, kamala Khan among others all have long running solo careers. The sheer versatility of storms power to be frank it's hard to imagine and I think about her and her abilities a lot. I mean if we take her electrokinetic abilities alone and the human body and the function of electricity in it, what the synapses do for the body it is really mind numbing how she hasn't really delved deep into it. But in the name of a good story we must sacrifice power development is something I am a bit iffy about considering Thor, hulk, strange, Sue and the like all seem not to make such sacrifices even jean doesn't and she is part of the ensemble.
    agreed with all of this. and I wanna go a little further. wasn't this supposed showing their big plans for storm so why has she not uttered one word yet since the gala started? my confidence isn't high with that either.

That's a powerful team
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That's a powerful team
    indeed it is. I just love the fact that storm is the only xmen character at this point to be confirmed in the game. it speaks to her popularity on such a big way!