Page 718 of 772 FirstFirst ... 218618668708714715716717718719720721722728768 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's already been established that absorbing enough power cosmic will make you a god(see: Avengers Korvac Saga). Silver Surfer is a cosmic being but he is not a god. As it's been shown in Marvel throughout the years, there are many paths to godhood.

Being worshipped doesn't necessarily make you a god and not being worship doesn't mean you aren't. I was merely point out that this isn't some new phenomenon with Tony, It happened prior to the article that was being refenced.

But in the end, what does it matter. Tony's brief stint with godhood has no bearing or effect on Storm's godhood.
    Having a godhead though does make you a god. Tony doesn't have a godhead neither does Michael korvac as powerful as he is. Being a god meaning a true God does entail the ability to recieve and be empowered by worship faith and prayers. You people conflate godlike with actual divinity which are two very separate things.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Lol, you got it wrong, the question is not whether it will influence the story. And yes, writers are more likely to give powers, divine abilities, to these characters, and many fans respond positively (even if it doesn't go any further), now when it's the Storm, where divinity has been embedded in their story since always, for some reason, it's hard to see her having these moments for writers, and when she does, a lot of it is a shower of people, not liking it saying she doesn't deserve it, saying it doesn't make sense, and all that nonsense..
    Exactly Stormy. With Storm it's "she isn't a real goddess", "she's too over-powered", "she's better without powers", or "she's just a weather manipulator." All of this is said about a character whose origin story literally involves her being worshipped as a goddess yet a man who makes metal suits becoming a "god" at least twice now shouldn't be side-eyed? Its ridiculous.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-06-2021 at 12:34 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

If your power isn't derived due to being connected to the following beings you are NOT a REAL god/goddess:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    If your power isn't derived due to being connected to the following beings you are NOT a REAL god/goddess:

That plus a godhead. Cause wanda and strange get power from them but they aren't gods cause they do not have an actual godhead or divine essence.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    That plus a godhead. Cause wanda and strange get power from them but they aren't gods cause they do not have an actual godhead or divine essence.
    yes agreed. thanks for the correction.

Exactly Stormy. With Storm it's "she isn't a real goddess", "she's too over-powered", "she's better without powers", or "she's just a weather manipulator." All of this is said about a character whose origin story literally involves her being worshipped as a goddess yet a man who makes metal suits becoming a "god" at least twice now shouldn't be side-eyed? Its ridiculous.
    Storm will one day receive the proper treatment, as other characters do, unfortunately it will be a slow process, but hopefully 2022 will be Hadari Yao's year.

I was looking at some old tweets and I found this moment here. I don't really follow writers that much, but I've seen that Kelly Thompson, is doing a good job writing the Captain Marvel comics, giving her new powers, would love to see her write Storm.

Attachment 116010

Lol, you got it wrong, the question is not whether it will influence the story. And yes, writers are more likely to give powers, divine abilities, to these characters, and many fans respond positively (even if it doesn't go any further), now when it's the Storm, where divinity has been embedded in their story since always, for some reason, it's hard to see her having these moments for writers, and when she does, a lot of it is a shower of people, not liking it saying she doesn't deserve it, saying it doesn't make sense, and all that nonsense..
    I don't see where people have responded positively to Tony becoming a good. As far as Storms godhood, that should be a matter for the X-Writers to further develop. If they aren't addressing it, then it's getting ignored. That's not the fault of people who are against it, it's up to Marvel and the writers to push forward.

You are making my point for me. Silver surfer is a cosmic being but not a god. Galactus also a cosmic being but not a god. Canon is canon so can't argue with that but I think there should be a delineation between "god-like" aka cosmic beings and actual gods (beings with actual connections to the elder gods).

Canonicallly being worshipped is one of the requirements of godhood at least from the asgardian perspective:

And pointing out what is happening with Tony is just to highlight one the absurdity of it as he is a man in a suit, and two if he can get this explored despite its absurdity im not sure why Storm who has been a goddess since her debut isn't getting these types of stories.
    You're argument is against Marvel and the writers. So what if some people complain about Storm being a goddess? Marvel should continue to pursue that aspect regardless.

And if we are going by canon which so many of us do. It was stated that, Korvac gained the power cosmic, far more than what the Surfer has and became a god. Same thing with Tony. Marvel has stated that Tony absorbed the power cosmic from Galactus' ship and became a god.

However anyone wants to interpret what actually constitutes being a god is their own prerogative. Marvel chose to say that Tony became a god. Again, the argument isn't about what other people think about who is or isn't a god. According to Marvel, Storm and Tony became goods through different methods whether people agree/like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Having a godhead though does make you a god. Tony doesn't have a godhead neither does Michael korvac as powerful as he is. Being a god meaning a true God does entail the ability to recieve and be empowered by worship faith and prayers. You people conflate godlike with actual divinity which are two very separate things.
    Again, Marvel stated that they were gods the same way Marvel said that Storm is a goddess. I'm not conflating anything.

Everyone has different beliefs so I'm not one to cast aspersions on what they believe constitutes a god. There are many humans throughout who were worshipped as gods who had no power other than what rights people gave up to them.

The issue seems to be that there is no backlash against Tony becoming a god so now it needs to classified/categorized in some way.

Truthfully, anyone with superpowers could call themselves a god of whatever.

I mean think about it. Franklin Richards is the closet thing Marvel has to a true god but he has no worshippers. On the other hand, Dionysus is a Greek god of wine and parties but is nowhere near the power level of Franklin

Saying someone is a god is overrated.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I mean think about it. Franklin Richards is the closet thing Marvel has to a true god but he has no worshippers. On the other hand, Dionysus is a Greek god of wine and parties but is nowhere near the power level of Franklin

I think it's just a matter of what people perceive. In Marvel, there are thousands of planets with alien life that have their own system of beliefs and what they would constitute as a god just as we have our own beliefs. Saying it's right or wrong is pretty much irrelevant, people believe what they believe.

I agree that the term is pretty much used very loosely. What matters most is what Marvel is doing to further develop these characters who they've elevated to god status.

I know for certain that Tony won't be a god past 4-5 more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I mean think about it. Franklin Richards is the closet thing Marvel has to a true god but her has no worshippers. On the other hand, Dionysus is a Greek god of wine and parties but is nowhere near the power level of Franklin

I agree. To us flatscans/mere mortals, any sufficiently powered being would be a "god". This is true in both the imaginative worlds of comic books as well as our own.

In fact, who is to say that the story of Jesus walking on water, for example, wasn't just misinterpreted? It is actually far more likely that it was an extraterrestrial with some kind of hover technology on the soles of it's feet. None of the illiterate farmers back then would've had a vocabulary that could describe such a thing.

Of course, it is more likely that there was no walking on the water at all and that it is just a story.

My point is that it doesn't matter whether the wielder of such power is a mutant, a messiah or hell, a manatee. If they wield enough power to mess with the physical laws of nature and whatnot then they are indistinguishable from a "god", rendering the entire concept (kind of) moot.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I agree. To us flatscans/mere mortals, any sufficiently powered being would be a "god". This is true in both the imaginative worlds of comic books as well as our own.

In fact, who is to say that the story of Jesus walking on water, for example, wasn't just misinterpreted? It is actually far more likely that it was an extraterrestrial with some kind of hover technology on the soles of it's feet. None of the illiterate farmers back then would've had a vocabulary that could describe such a thing.

Of course, it is more likely that there was no walking on the water at all and that it is just a story.

My point is that it doesn't matter whether the wielder of such power is a mutant, a messiah or hell, a manatee. If they wield enough power to mess with the physical laws of nature and whatnot then they are indistinguishable from a "god", rendering the entire concept (kind of) moot.
    I think you make a pretty good point here. Whether you choose to call them a god or a cosmic deity, at those power levels does it really matter?

Storm will one day receive the proper treatment, as other characters do, unfortunately it will be a slow process, but hopefully 2022 will be Hadari Yao's year.

I was looking at some old tweets and I found this moment here. I don't really follow writers that much, but I've seen that Kelly Thompson, is doing a good job writing the Captain Marvel comics, giving her new powers, would love to see her write Storm.

Attachment 116010

yes I like her being a queen of sol but I wiuld much prefer seeing her godhead explored. I remember that tweet it was a great moment.

The issue seems to be that there is no backlash against Tony becoming a god so now it needs to classified/categorized in some way.
    You're argument is against Marvel and the writers. So what if some people complain about Storm being a goddess? Marvel should continue to pursue that aspect regardless.

And if we are going by canon which so many of us do. It was stated that, Korvac gained the power cosmic, far more than what the Surfer has and became a god. Same thing with Tony. Marvel has stated that Tony absorbed the power cosmic from Galactus' ship and became a god.

However anyone wants to interpret what actually constitutes being a god is their own prerogative. Marvel chose to say that Tony became a god. Again, the argument isn't about what other people think about who is or isn't a god. According to Marvel, Storm and Tony became goods through different methods whether people agree/like it or not.
    1. I agree but they really aren't in regards to storm; that's the issue when I see "iron god" stories popping up of nowhere.

2. I didn't read the book but from the synopsis I read on it on marvel wiki it said he gained godlike powers:

Fleeing across time and space to the past, Korvac arrived on Earth-616. ... Attempting to download the knowledge of Galactus from the station into his own system, Korvac was imbued with the Power Cosmic and became a god-like being, which allowed him to restore his body.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Micha...1)#Korvac_Saga

And Tony will never be a true God regardless of what writers say especially if that means were derived from cosmic power and not divine ones.