Page 666 of 772 FirstFirst ... 166566616656662663664665666667668669670676716766 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Is anyone watching the New Wonder Years series?
    The daughter on the show is an actor named Laura Kariuki. She is tall, gorgeous and is apparently of Kenyan ancestry. Also she looks like the weather would gladly do her bidding. Is it too early to start manifesting now?
    https://www.laurakariuki.com/
    Attachment 114830
    help ... what a beautiful woman * - *

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not shocked at all...

I remember my conversation with a MOD about the same subject

Damn, Light Skin Hollywood got me. My first thought, she pretty but she too dark.

As a black man who has many different shades of melanin in his family, I feel ashamed.

That's a beautiful picture.
    I can’t read if your being sarcastic or not so not sure what to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Yikes...the sad thing is I've had arguments with other fans who insist Storm shouldn't be "dark" like she's not Kenyan. The anti-blackness is astounding but somehow even worse coming from other black fans.
    I am dark skinned myself and personally I love the idea of her being a darker women, it doesn’t take away from her beauty. It is rather insulting to hear other black people with the same mindset as other people.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I can’t read if your being sarcastic or not so not sure what to say.
    Not sarcastic at all. I'm mad at myself for subconsciously letting Hollywood control my view on skin color. I know Storm's backstory and know damn well she is a beautiful chocolate color. The X-Men movies had me thinking her real life actress should be mixed with brite-skinned.

Then I checked myself and was like damn they got me...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Bloodstorm could have been a BEAST if used the right way.
    I definitely agree! The necro mysticism and mutant powers would make her unstoppable if written the right way. The way she could abuse that mist form like Moonstone does her intangibility.

This Storm's mental abilities also broke Madelyne Pryor's hold over beast.

I'm telling you they draw my girl down because no matter what she seems too OP.
    Last edited by KLY360; 10-19-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Did I mention the time Adam warlock a being as strong as Thanos fought him and was absolutely dominated the entire fight. He literally took hold off the metaphysical energy and magic Adam uses and stripped him of it. I doubt gladiator is anywhere Adam's caliber of power.
    Attachment 114802

Like Adam himself stated that Vulcan is strong terrifyingly strong and he has met few beings as potent as he. And mind you Adam hangs around with the abstracts and cosmic beings and gods of the marvel multiverse.

Also lorna can hold the weight of a multiverse but can't hold of luminous? Whom might I add is not an omega level being as synch was able to synch with her soo easily and dominate her soo easily? Also do we have an official statement from marvel saying the citadel is as heavy as infinity. Cause from the looks of it, it's just a conveniently placed building which floats and lorna made it shake.
    Do you realize Adam is herald tier constantly right? All of his higher-end feats need power-ups. Vulcan is nowhere near universal especially his durability too. Also, I stated that's Polaris' high-end feat. It's far from her consistent power level just like Vulcan being sky father and above.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The daughter on the show is an actor named Laura Kariuki. She is tall, gorgeous and is apparently of Kenyan ancestry. Also she looks like the weather would gladly do her bidding. Is it too early to start manifesting now?
    Attachment 114830
    Okies...She is exquisite.
    I can see her playing Storm.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Incredible Member

We have Storm with a simple lightning bolt being much more powerful than Human Torch near nova blast

Storm keeping Hulk minions at bay who easily defeated Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman. Even manage to overpower to help Johnny

Attachment 114840

Storm combining her lightning bolt with HT, who was at full power with Hulk made a huge explosion which took Johnny out. Yet Storm was in the explosion and tanked it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

We have Storm with a simple lightning bolt being much more powerful than Human Torch near nova blast

Storm keeping Hulk minions at bay who easily defeated Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman. Even manage to overpower to help Johnny

Attachment 114840

Storm combining her lightning bolt with HT, who was at full power with Hulk made a huge explosion which took Johnny out. Yet Storm was in the explosion and tanked it.
    I remember on cv someone stated that Was stronger than storm..... I quit that site afterwards.

I love how tachala is extremely confident in storms abilites whilst I am in the camp that him creating ways to stop her is bad, I actually understand why it was abd us necessary. Storm is simply too powerful to not find contingencies to counter Incase she goes rouge. But the thing is his contingencies were dumb as hell and as she is an omega in dye time would have overpowered the equipment stopping her from accessing the weather even go further and call on the even more powerful space weather.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 10-19-2021 at 11:37 PM.

BANNED

Do you realize Adam is herald tier constantly right? All of his higher-end feats need power-ups. Vulcan is nowhere near universal especially his durability too. Also, I stated that's Polaris' high-end feat. It's far from her consistent power level just like Vulcan being sky father and above.
    Doesn't matter all I know is that Adam is insanely powerful sooo powerful that he can go toe to toe with someone having multiple infinity stones and survive. He met Vulcan once but in that brief encounter he was shook beyond all reason. Lorna is not near or will never be near that level of power unless retconned.

Now storm on the other hand with her omega ability is on that level easily just as Vulcan is and potentially even higher.... I am not adding her godhood.... The reason why I believe she would find Vulcan an extremely difficult opobenet is not because he is more powerful thatn her but rather his power type is simply tooo advantageous. Unless storm has anime style weather manipulation where a charachter like Obito can manipulate the fabric of space to create wind powerful enough to teleport or generate a singularity, or can use anything and everything to create weather/ a storm. Ala her using the nanobots to create a windstorm and such then I would be firmly in the storm dominates camp. But sadly that is ambiguous we know jean and Quentin are omega because there is no mind artificial, god, demon, human...etc that they can't dominate given enough time and no limit to the number. Legion is omega because he has essentially limitless personalities each with their own powerset which he can use as his own for a while or all together. Iceman is omega because he literally has power over thermodynamic function of the universe to the extent that he can freeze light and can't die conventionally. But we don't truly know what really entails omega weather manipulation. Does it end with just naturally occurring storms or she can create things such as time storms, dimensional storms, gravity storms....etc. can she create sentient storms or even manipulate them as like the mother of thunder or the black winter? Can she manipulate and create storms as big as the mother of thunder which was bigger than a galaxy or even the black winter which was big enough to destroy universes and was galactu's master. We simply don't know it's quiet ambiguous. I know it's to make her seem more limited whilst not limiting her but it still feels like she is lagging behind as we currently know that omega telepaths can mentally manipulate and possibly destroy concepts like nightmare.

Storm needs development in the power department badly. But as at now if they both fought based on past showings unless storm is willing to absolutely freeze Vulcan and the planet he is on as he can absorb the geothermal heat she won't win. He is simply tooo ruthless a fighter to hold back meanwhile storm still has morals to an extent.

Extraordinary Member

Black manta solo had a storm type character, I guess you could call it a rip off.

I love how tachala is extremely confident in storms abilites whilst I am in the camp that him creating ways to stop her is bad, I actually understand why it was abd us necessary. Storm is simply too powerful to not find contingencies to counter Incase she goes rouge. But the thing is his contingencies were dumb as hell and as she is an omega in dye time would have overpowered the equipment stopping her from accessing the weather even go further and call on the even more powerful space weather.
    He has plans for everyone, but if he doesn't Storm should be one he should have them for, way too dangerous and way too close.I liked the plan, much better than some handheld device that can shut all her powers down.Although if you don't there are alt. he could use that I feel might have been better:-

1)X-gene dampner:- He made it from trash/a electronic store IIRC in a short time for Typhoid Mary.He could make a much better one in Wakanda.
    2)Sonics:- strong enough to disorient Cho hulk until his gamma levels started spiking.
    3)Energy daggers:-In IM cut through the hulk's entire arm(it was a very strong version of hulk as well, one of the strongest ones if not the strongest), they can phase and be non-lethal if needed and he has an Instant Teleport in his suit.

Would be cool to see how Storm deals w/ all this

Doesn't matter all I know is that Adam is insanely powerful sooo powerful that he can go toe to toe with someone having multiple infinity stones and survive. He met Vulcan once but in that brief encounter he was shook beyond all reason. Lorna is not near or will never be near that level of power unless retconned.

Now storm on the other hand with her omega ability is on that level easily just as Vulcan is and potentially even higher.... I am not adding her godhood.... The reason why I believe she would find Vulcan an extremely difficult opobenet is not because he is more powerful thatn her but rather his power type is simply tooo advantageous. Unless storm has anime style weather manipulation where a charachter like Obito can manipulate the fabric of space to create wind powerful enough to teleport or generate a singularity, or can use anything and everything to create weather/ a storm. Ala her using the nanobots to create a windstorm and such then I would be firmly in the storm dominates camp. But sadly that is ambiguous we know jean and Quentin are omega because there is no mind artificial, god, demon, human...etc that they can't dominate given enough time and no limit to the number. Legion is omega because he has essentially limitless personalities each with their own powerset which he can use as his own for a while or all together. Iceman is omega because he literally has power over thermodynamic function of the universe to the extent that he can freeze light and can't die conventionally. But we don't truly know what really entails omega weather manipulation. Does it end with just naturally occurring storms or she can create things such as time storms, dimensional storms, gravity storms....etc. can she create sentient storms or even manipulate them as like the mother of thunder or the black winter? Can she manipulate and create storms as big as the mother of thunder which was bigger than a galaxy or even the black winter which was big enough to destroy universes and was galactu's master. We simply don't know it's quiet ambiguous. I know it's to make her seem more limited whilst not limiting her but it still feels like she is lagging behind as we currently know that omega telepaths can mentally manipulate and possibly destroy concepts like nightmare.

Storm needs development in the power department badly. But as at now if they both fought based on past showings unless storm is willing to absolutely freeze Vulcan and the planet he is on as he can absorb the geothermal heat she won't win. He is simply tooo ruthless a fighter to hold back meanwhile storm still has morals to an extent.
    Yeah, morals are just as important as powers in some matchups.

Attachment 114830
    She is a good actress. She also replaced lightning in the final season of black lightning up to the finale.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Attachment 114840

what are the issues?

Attachment 114830

Kariuki also has prior genre cred via her appearance as legacy hero Lightning on the final season of BLACK LIGHTNING.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Kariuki also has prior genre cred via her appearance as legacy hero Lightning on the final season of BLACK LIGHTNING.
    nah no thanks

Thanks. I feel like he would have been a bery solid rogue for Storm. His physical stats, endless armies of superhuman vamps, mystical control over weather, hypnotism, skilled combatant, and master tactician/strategist. I would not mind seeing him show up with a connection to Sevalith and a plot to take control over Arakko (or is it too soon for another CotM story)?