Page 717 of 772 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727767 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yes an actual god is a being who literally can gain power from worship. That's because the have a godhead whilst the others don't.
    I expect the ones doing the worshipping to get empowered as well otherwise “god” is just a fancy word for “leech”
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I expect the ones doing the worshipping to get empowered as well otherwise “god” is just a fancy word for “leech”
    Oshtur is the only being soo far that I know that has this ability. The more power she gives to others the more powerful she becomes. If that blessing is running through ororo's bloodline then definitely that would be a part of hadari yao seeing as she brought sustenance to the lands as she was worshiped. The benevolent nature of oshtur enables her to get more power from faith and belief and good deeds.

I remember this passage in marauders issue 13, where someone said that they were trapped and scared, but once storm came to the scene they felt at peace like everything will be alright, and that feeling came from a power that was deeper within Ororo. A peace that surpasses all understanding. The assurance of a god. That same peace came to Bishop when he invoked her name to scare off those corrupt soldiers.

Now that I say it she really does feel like an actual benevolent deity, whose presence alone brings great peace and assurance to those fighting alongside her. It has happened many times with the xmen where when storm is not on their side it looks like all hope is lost.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-06-2021 at 07:02 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    absolutely ridiculous. ever since Coates canonized storm as a goddess it seems writers want to do the same for their favs. people scream up and down about storm being a goddess saying she wasn't so how in hades does it make sense for Tony to be one?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This was simply a theory to based on conjectural evidence I gathered and connecting the dots trying to figure out what Coates plan was. I may very much be wrong. For much as I am a nut for power I actually don't want her to become the all-goddess . Because oshtur is by all accounts the most powerful of the elder gods her only rivals are her sister Gaia and chthon both of which are beneath her. Her omega level mutant abilities are of more interest to me when it comes to her power development.

I just want to see a wind rider of the past and the lore that is of their family. I want us to go deeper into her ancestry learn about past windriders and other non windrider members of the family. Their relationship with oshtur how it came to be among many other things. Cause the name hadari yao was not just made up by wakandans it is an ancient name of prophesy and very known.
    So much potential, material to be used in a solo, which honestly makes me really sad that they don't want to do that, for reasons of not caring so much, they're more comfortable leaving Storm, where it is, "contained".

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    absolutely ridiculous. ever since Coates canonized storm as a goddess it seems writers want to do the same for their favs. people scream up and down about storm being a goddess saying she wasn't so how in hades does it make sense for Tony to be one?
    I like him, but I think it's too much of an exaggeration. Marvel doesn't hide that it prefers the Avengers over the X-mens, that's pretty clear, just see the characters that earn the most in the solo series, buffs in their powers and everything else. Now Storm is rejected in a way, by her own main core, ending up leaving her as is.

Oh where have you been? Are you all right?

By the way, Marvel gives more engagement to bad writers than to good writers...

BANNED

I don't think it is because of Coates I mean even wolverine has become a god before though that was shortlived and too unrealistic even for comic standards. Heroes becoming godlike is nothing new really what is annoying is that the ones who end up getting this development have no business getting it whilst those that do don't actually get it.
    It kinda annoying but it is what it is.

I think the problem was that Coates truly wanted to work on a storm project probably more than even bp, but couldn't because of the movie rights and bp movie coming out. Hence why many bp fans picked up the fact that he really preferred to work with storm than just tachala. Not that he didn't like tachala but his prime focus seemed to be storm. Cause those developments seem like something he has been cooking for a very long time.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-06-2021 at 11:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    By the way, Marvel gives more engagement to bad writers than to good writers...
    Comics as a whole gives audience to bad writer's than good ones.

BANNED

The ones doing the worshipping don’t get empowered generally. The girls does thins fit then like protect them or grant them good weather or maybe a few individuals get some gifts, but gods don’t generally empower most worshippers. Maybe the extra loyal ones who be one their high priests or priestesses.

BANNED

So much potential, material to be used in a solo, which honestly makes me really sad that they don't want to do that, for reasons of not caring so much, they're more comfortable leaving Storm, where it is, "contained".

I like him, but I think it's too much of an exaggeration. Marvel doesn't hide that it prefers the Avengers over the X-mens, that's pretty clear, just see the characters that earn the most in the solo series, buffs in their powers and everything else. Now Storm is rejected in a way, by her own main core, ending up leaving her as is.

I will play devil's advocate and say the reason is financial. Storm is a big name like very big, most people even those in the third world know about her. If not by name by her hair and her powers. Solo comics should be a breeze right? Well no, because they believe and know storm books won't do as well she is soo synonymous with the xmen taking her out on her own would spell doom if not done expertly. Plus the xwriter's and marvel as a whole can't see her beyond that at the same time they know that she is too big for them. It's a very wierd paradox which was confirmed for me when Ewing said that there was no other person that came into their minds when they made the position of regent of Sol apart from storm.
    Her best bet to getting a 'solo' is by getting the Emma and Kate treatment in marauders. Which I hope is going to come next year from the rumours I am hearing. A team book which heavily revolves around her.

Now you might say carol and Ms marvel have books why not storm, that's because carols books weren't selling but they knew that and still they kept pumping them out, cause it was a future investment into the captain marvel movie one which payed off. Kamala on the other hand was introduced as a solo hero so her solo sales are more likely to hold up as people are used to her going at it alone. Meanwhile people are used to storm being in a team book but taking center stage in those team books, so that's what we truly need and it would give great spotlight to the arakii.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-06-2021 at 11:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The ones doing the worshipping don’t get empowered generally. The girls does thins fit then like protect them or grant them good weather or maybe a few individuals get some gifts, but gods don’t generally empower most worshippers. Maybe the extra loyal ones who be one their high priests or priestesses.
    Empowerment could be more than just powers it could be emotional or spiritual. Like being empowered to be courageous or being empowered to be kind to strangers. It could be a virtue. But as for being empowered in ability, yeah I don't know about that, only oshtur has that ability to keep increasing her followers powers to make herself stronger. Soo far aside her I know of no one else..
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-06-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Just to put this out there, Tony didn't become a god through worship, he absorbed the power cosmic from Galactus' world ship so that makes a huge difference.

Also years ago(long before Coates making Storm a goddess), Tony did have the power of the Infinity Gauntlet in an Avengers story which made him a god as well but he refused to keep it.

So this isn't Tony's first time dealing with godhood. He probably won't keep it here either.

where have u been welcome back!

I agree. xoffices barely can show storm do anything out of using lightning but now iron man is becoming a god? the hell??

I don't think it is because of Coates I mean even wolverine has become a god before though that was shortlived and too unrealistic even for comic standards. Heroes becoming godlike is nothing new really what is annoying is that the ones who end up getting this development have no business getting it whilst those that do don't actually get it.
    It kinda annoying but it is what it is.

I think the problem was that Coates truly wanted to work on a storm project probably more than even bp, but couldn't because of the movie rights and bp movie coming out. Hence why many bp fans picked up the fact that he really preferred to work with storm than just tachala. Not that he didn't like tachala but his prime focus seemed to be storm. Cause those developments seem like something he has been cooking for a very long time.

im not saying Coates is the reason. I'm saying that since he made ororo a goddess I've seen this happen or appear to happen with other characters. magneto was refe=ing to all mutants as gods, venom with knull god, now Tony apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just to put this out there, Tony didn't become a god through worship, he absorbed the power cosmic from Galactus' world ship so that makes a huge difference.

Also years ago(long before Coates making Storm a goddess), Tony did have the power of the Infinity Gauntlet in an Avengers story which made him a god as well but he refused to keep it.

So this isn't Tony's first time dealing with godhood. He probably won't keep it here either.

Lets be clear Storm was worshipped as a real goddess when she debuted back in 1975. also cosmic power is something that is or at least should be different from being a god. the fact that he had cosmic powers at any point shouldn't make him a god. just a cosmic being.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

where have u been welcome back!

I agree. xoffices barely can show storm do anything out of using lightning but now iron man is becoming a god? the hell??

im not saying Coates is the reason. I'm saying that since he made ororo a goddess I've seen this happen or appear to happen with other characters. magneto was refe=ing to all mutants as gods, venom with knull god, now Tony apparently.

Lets be clear Storm was worshipped as a real goddess when she debuted back in 1975. also cosmic power is something that is or at least should be different from being a god. the fact that he had cosmic powers at any point shouldn't make him a god. just a cosmic being.
    It's already been established that absorbing enough power cosmic will make you a god(see: Avengers Korvac Saga). Silver Surfer is a cosmic being but he is not a god. As it's been shown in Marvel throughout the years, there are many paths to godhood.

Being worshipped doesn't necessarily make you a god and not being worship doesn't mean you aren't. I was merely point out that this isn't some new phenomenon with Tony, It happened prior to the article that was being refenced.

But in the end, what does it matter. Tony's brief stint with godhood has no bearing or effect on Storm's godhood.

It's already been established that absorbing enough power cosmic will make you a god(see: Avengers Korvac Saga). Silver Surfer is a cosmic being but he is not a god. As it's been shown in Marvel throughout the years, there are many paths to godhood.

Being worshipped doesn't necessarily make you a god and not being worship doesn't mean you aren't. I was merely point out that this isn't some new phenomenon with Tony, It happened prior to the article that was being refenced.

But in the end, what does it matter. Tony's brief stint with godhood has no bearing or effect on Storm's godhood.
    Lol, you got it wrong, the question is not whether it will influence the story. And yes, writers are more likely to give powers, divine abilities, to these characters, and many fans respond positively (even if it doesn't go any further), now when it's the Storm, where divinity has been embedded in their story since always, for some reason, it's hard to see her having these moments for writers, and when she does, a lot of it is a shower of people, not liking it saying she doesn't deserve it, saying it doesn't make sense, and all that nonsense..

You are making my point for me. Silver surfer is a cosmic being but not a god. Galactus also a cosmic being but not a god. Canon is canon so can't argue with that but I think there should be a delineation between "god-like" aka cosmic beings and actual gods (beings with actual connections to the elder gods).

Canonicallly being worshipped is one of the requirements of godhood at least from the asgardian perspective:

And pointing out what is happening with Tony is just to highlight one the absurdity of it as he is a man in a suit, and two if he can get this explored despite its absurdity im not sure why Storm who has been a goddess since her debut isn't getting these types of stories.