Page 224 of 772 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol this issue was so good and cracked me up. I was waiting for a passive aggressive small penis joke from the QC, as Storm summarily shut his ass down lol. I can see Cortez coming for the QC one day. He’s cunning and has an interesting power. If I could evolve his abilities more I would not only allow him to amp people but also be able temporarily drain or diminish powers.
    yea I think his anger should be more directed at magneto. he set him up to be embarrassed like that. two questions

1. what do you think storm was thinking when he was talking about his dominance over continents? I can't help but to think that was purposefully done to zoom in on Ororo's face at that exact part of his rant. I personally thought of the Europeans specifically conquests over continents such as Africa and the Americas which I think both would be sore points for Ororo considering her heritage.

2. Please can you provide those issue numbers lololol. I want to add them to my collection lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just checked out the Women of Marvel oneshot and

spoilers:
    Storm doesnt even make a cameo. She literally is only used on the cover
    end of spoilers
    she did not and I didn't expect her to considering the solicits that were released.

what I did find funny was Jean trying to channel her inner Ororo by attempting to save the plant by watering it. Jean should consult sis instead of taking the thing out with a tk blast lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-21-2021 at 12:59 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

what do you think storm was thinking when he was talking about his dominance over continents? I can't help but to think that was purposefully done to zoom in on Ororo's face at that exact part of his rant. I personally thought of the Europeans specifically conquests over continents such as Africa and the Americas which I think both would be sore points for Ororo considering her heritage.
    Oh that was 100% purposeful to highlight how much of a POS he is. I think they also zoomed in on Emma and Mags during moments that would tick them off too, but I'll have to reread it later.

As much as I want epic Storm stories where she's taking on the galaxy/ multiverse (still not trying to get my hopes too high), I feel like we're still missing stories that examine her heritage and roots as a black woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Oh that was 100% purposeful to highlight how much of a POS he is. I think they also zoomed in on Emma and Mags during moments that would tick them off too, but I'll have to reread it later.

As much as I want epic Storm stories where she's taking on the galaxy/ multiverse (still not trying to get my hopes too high), I feel like we're still missing stories that examine her heritage and roots as a black woman.

YES, YES, YES AND LET ME SAY YEEEESSSSSSSSSS AGAIN!! I don't have an issue with Ororo being invested in mutant matters but considering issues they plague black people in both the USA and Africa it would be unrealistic that she never looked to tackle those issues. Its one of the reasons I loved Mr. Coates' work because it did touch upon these things but I really would like to see, as you stated, her heritage and roots explored being a black woman in those spaces where you know ideals of white supremacy is harbored on some level.

YES, YES, YES AND LET ME SAY YEEEESSSSSSSSSS AGAIN!! I don't have an issue with Ororo being invested in mutant matters but considering issues they plague black people in both the USA and Africa it would be unrealistic that she never looked to tackle those issues. Its one of the reasons I loved Mr. Coates' work because it did touch upon these things but I really would like to see, as you stated, her heritage and roots explored being a black woman in those spaces where you know ideals of white supremacy is harbored on some level.
    Love the energy haha. Do you know which Coates' issues touched upon these things? I've been looking to check out his issues that feature Storm to see what the fuss is all about.

Love the energy haha. Do you know which Coates' issues touched upon these things? I've been looking to check out his issues that feature Storm to see what the fuss is all about.
    It was really only touched on in BP and the Crew which was cowritten by Yona Harvey.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

yes Ororo specifically discusses her ideals on slavery and its impact to the person enslaved in BP (2018) Issue 18.
    then there was also Black and the Crew where she touches upon the intersectionality of being a black woman and a mutant.

its actually not much when you think about it but in comparison to what the xoffices have written its mountains of more exploration they have ever attempted to take in the regard.

yea I think his anger should be more directed at magneto. he set him up to be embarrassed like that. two questions

1. what do you think storm was thinking when he was talking about his dominance over continents? I can't help but to think that was purposefully done to zoom in on Ororo's face at that exact part of his rant. I personally thought of the Europeans specifically conquests over continents such as Africa and the Americas which I think both would be sore points for Ororo considering her heritage.

2. Please can you provide those issue numbers lololol. I want to add them to my collection lol.
    This is the cyber ninja fight:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/X-Men_Vol_2_62

This is the fight with Crux:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_360

Cortez definitely comes off as that arrogant entitled prick who goes out of his way to “check” people he feels are his inferiors. Storm was probably thinking that Fabian, with all that overestimatation of his value, needed a sock in his crotch to back that ish up ! He’s lucky she isn’t a petty bish (often). If I was her I’d put a rainstorm in his bladder to quickly expedite his rant to completion.

Cortez definitely comes off as that arrogant entitled prick who goes out of his way to “check” people he feels are his inferiors. Storm was probably thinking that Fabian, with all that overestimatation of his value, needed a sock in his crotch to back that ish up ! He’s lucky she isn’t a petty bish (often). If I was her I’d put a rainstorm in his bladder to quickly expedite his rant to completion.
    Thank you so very much!

While Sinister seemed to be overjoyed with Fabian's goodies Ororo was unimpressed the whole time. Now had she done that I would hsve screamed lolololol. Xwriters if you reading please make that happen lolol

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

yes seriously. I take it she doesn't deploy it more because that's Iceman's realm. though our lovely goddess did teach him a couple of things lol

Is it me or is Storms butt being talked to? I'm enjoying this trip down memory lane.

ETA: Always interesting Storms peasant blouse stretch pants combo.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-21-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Is it me or is Storms butt being talked to? I'm enjoying this trip down memory lane.

ETA: Always interesting Storms peasant blouse stretch pants combo.
    yes I think you right that butt is totally being talked to. I also live for the nostalgic moments.

BANNED

There was a moment where you could see Storm wanted to SMITE! Him but he was not worth it. How dare him stand there and talk about how he is proud his ancestors did a colonialism.

Thinking about it. If i were putting together a team to combat some of the themes in Mystic Arcana it would be.

Storm
    Exodus
    Kwannon (betsy would be better choice but in excalibur)
    Tempo
    Magik
    Triage
    Bishop
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    shouldn’t she be able to breathe in space by gathering oxygen molecules around herself like she did with the hydrogen?
    Absolutely.
    Also with a stretch of the imagination I believe she should be able to sustain herself with just one breath as an internal greenhouse effect within herself.