Page 214 of 772 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh she does by electric currents. But how do you explain when she parted the magnetic field that protects the earth itself. That is direct control over the magnetic field if I am not mistaken. Or the time she used the planets magnetic force to pull lava from within the earth though connected to kenji. That I believe is not directly titled to electrical abilities. That's why I am insinuating this cause if it were simply emps then of course but when she parted the ozone and the magnetic field directly to vaporize the tidal wave, then that's a different story.
    she directly controls the em field of the earth but magneto can control the em field as well. her abilities go a step beyond his though. where he is limited to magnetism/electromagnetism she controls all energies and forces of the natural world. his specializes in magnetism where her abilities include that and then a whole lot more.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she directly controls the em field of the earth but magneto can control the em field as well. her abilities go a step beyond his though. where he is limited to magnetism/electromagnetism she controls all energies and forces of the natural world. his specializes in magnetism where her abilities include that and then a whole lot more.
    That is well understood that she has easy more versatility than he does. But if both can manipulate the em field then my question has been answers then.

That is well understood that she has easy more versatility than he does. But if both can manipulate the em field then my question has been answers then.
    yes they both can. good question btw. I love power discussions lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Yh she does by electric currents. But how do you explain when she parted the magnetic field that protects the earth itself. That is direct control over the magnetic field if I am not mistaken. Or the time she used the planets magnetic force to pull lava from within the earth though connected to kenji. That I believe is not directly titled to electrical abilities. That's why I am insinuating this cause if it were simply emps then of course but when she parted the ozone and the magnetic field directly to vaporize the tidal wave, then that's a different story.

I believe difference between Magneto and Storm’s control of electromagnetic forces is that she controls electromagnetic field patterns, while Magento directly controls electromagnetism, with his specialty being the magnetism itself. Storm can perceive the electromagnetic field around earth and manipulate its energy patterns and position for different effects, but Magneto can manipulate the electromagnetism in everything to a fine degree.

And butterfly might be right in that she manipulates the electrical energy to indirectly manipulate the magnetic part because she definitely can manipulate electrical energy which goes hand to hand with magnetism.
    Last edited by Idiopop; 04-17-2021 at 06:08 PM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Fantastic Member

what idiopop said really puts me in the mind of this:

And it was EASY for her. Crazy 👏
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

I think she can manipulate both EM and magnetic fields directly. Though it begs a lot of questions with respect to how she has and has not leveraged her control. Will it stay limited to control over manifestations of energy of the atmospheric medium? Making her highly specialized but limited in the way her abilities allows her to apply her control? Or is it intentionally limited so she remains as “Storm” and stays closer to the definition of her powerset being weather manipulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I believe difference between Magneto and Storm’s control of electromagnetic forces is that she controls electromagnetic field patterns, while Magento directly controls electromagnetism, with his specialty being the magnetism itself. Storm can perceive the electromagnetic field around earth and manipulate its energy patterns and position for different effects, but Magneto can manipulate the electromagnetism in everything to a fine degree.

And butterfly might be right in that she manipulates the electrical energy to indirectly manipulate the magnetic part because she definitely can manipulate electrical energy which goes hand to hand with magnetism.
    just to clarify, magnetism is a natural force of nature so I do think she could directly control it i just don't believe she has been shown in the comics as doing it directly this far. her manipulation resulting in magnetism has always been as a part of electromagnetism if I'm not mistaken.

And it was EASY for her. Crazy ��
    it sure was lol.

just to clarify, magnetism is a natural force of nature so I do think she could directly control it i just don't believe she has been shown in the comics as doing it directly this far. her manipulation resulting in magnetism has always been as a part of electromagnetism if I'm not mistaken.

it sure was lol.
    She directly controlled the planet’s magnetic field twice in her solo.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    She directly controlled the planet’s magnetic field twice in her solo.
    I thought that was the em field? but considering that I stand corrected.

yup you are right:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-17-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Fantastic Member

I thought that was the em field? but considering that I stand corrected.

yup you are right:

Oh nice Thanks for the scan! I didn’t notice it said only said magnetic either. Besides Legion and reality manipulators, I feel like Storm has the most versatile powerset of any mutant. She can just do so many things

Oh nice Thanks for the scan! I didn’t notice it said only said magnetic either. Besides Legion and reality manipulators, I feel like Storm has the most versatile powerset of any mutant. She can just do so many things
    100% agreed. I think if truly written to her full potential she would be a pretty much unstoppable character. Its one of the many things I love about the character.

BANNED

That is why I was saying that she seems to have a direct ability to manipulate magnetism or magnetic fields. This means that all of magneto's powerset is at her disposal. And yh she is the most versatile outside of legion and the reality manipulators, I was stating somewhere that yes Mr M can control matter but he can't control forces that govern matter he can't control electromagnetism or strong or weak forces, he can simulate these forces by interacting with molecules and atoms but he cannot interact with energy fields, vulcan on the other hand can interacts with energy fields of all kinds but he cannot directly interact with matter but rather could use energy fields to simulate matter manipulation. But storm can interact with both matter and energy fields directly. And since we know her power transcends dimensions and even to planes of existence this control over both matter and energy is put on an extreme degree case in point the trion dimension and it's feats.

BANNED

100% agreed. I think if truly written to her full potential she would be a pretty much unstoppable character. Its one of the many things I love about the character.
    During the extraordinary x-men story line I remember jean and storm going into an xman I think nightcrawler's head and looking through his memories. When the mob came to attack him storm created a wind storm to blow them away but jean told her that they are memories so they cannot be affected or something to that effect.so I wanna ask can storm manipulate the elements in the astral plane.

During the extraordinary x-men story line I remember jean and storm going into an xman I think nightcrawler's head and looking through his memories. When the mob came to attack him storm created a wind storm to blow them away but jean told her that they are memories so they cannot be affected or something to that effect.so I wanna ask can storm manipulate the elements in the astral plane.
    Lol i just woke up and it''s 2am and i'm barely holding on but iove tis discussion about storm. Yes, stom used lightning in the astral plane to destroy bishop memory of hunting hope in uncany x-force. sorry for typos She has used her elemental powers several times on the astral plane which always stoof out to me
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

she, as well as the other xmen, used their powers against shadow king back in uncanny 280: