Page 586 of 772 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636686 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    1 & 2. It was the "Is Jean really Ororo's best friend". Google is supreme, change my mind!! But yes, too many pages to read.

As for if Jean is racist as of now, I'd say no. Nothing really says that Jean harbors anything but love for Storm. And honestly I would think that Storm would be smart enough to know if her best friend/sister was racist even "a little bit". I mean hell, Storm openly invited Jean into her soul/the afterlife to meet her parents. Not something I'd do for a racist even "a little bit" of one.

But your scan makes a valid point, especially the part about the merging of souls. On some level no matter how deep there had to be a seed there that Dark Phoenix amplified.

In any case as I mentioned earlier I don't believe Jean is a racist. Maybe I'm naïve but I like my racists to be loud. Say you hate me with your whole chest!

3. Lmao oh my. Maybe I shouldn't! I don't want to get you in trouble. You know certain people here are quick to bark loud but whimper when they get called out.
    1. gotcha boo.

2. yea I know canonically speaking after the events Claremont wrote it was swept under a rug as if it never happened but regardless of subsequent events the events then speak for themselves. do I believe Jean cares for ororo, sure but its hard being a storm fan to ignore those panels, especially considering she's answered for so many things the Phoenix did during that period. why is that occurrence the one that is glossed over considering this truth?

that said, the intent of the post was never to suggest she is racist. its to make a point she harbored racist thoughts against a woman who is allegedly her best friend. people can decide how they choose to read this and reconcile it but for me it was a very low moment for that character which she's never truly recovered.

3. let's see the meme first and then we can go from there in terms of if it will be used lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-16-2021 at 12:07 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Such garbage writing.
    No Jean. That doesn't make you responsible for any of that ****. Not in the least. You should be smarter than that...to take blame for things that you didn't say or do.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

On these controversial issues, can anyone tell me if Emma and Ororo talked about what happened when Emma in Ororo's body used it as a sex object for Shaw? because this is disgusting..

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Her real sister??? OOOOOH you mean the one who romanticized her being a slave?? got it!!!

lmfao i couldn't resist twisted lol

you know that vita storm looks a mess. everything about their storm has been a hot mess and so glad Narcisse ignore that marauders issue. it seems everyone has.
    Eh. That stuff doesn't bother me. That wasn't even Jean, she was at the bottom of jamacia bay so it's a case of the scene was what it was. doesn't change my opinion.

edit: But just to be clear, even if that was the real Jean and there was no Jamaica bay retcon it still would not change my opinion. If one moment defined relationships no one would have any.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-16-2021 at 12:30 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    On these controversial issues, can anyone tell me if Emma and Ororo talked about what happened when Emma in Ororo's body used it as a sex object for Shaw? because this is disgusting..
    No. The closest was Xtreme Xmen 22 I believe. But she has never apologized for it. In fact, she was combative about it. We have seen her apologize to Firestar and others she has wronged, but never Storm, which is why I can never accept them as anything more than tense colleagues. Until that happens, I can't get behind these two being friendly at all. Not realistic and I find it strange that no writer has had Frost actually utter the words I am sorry to Storm in the 30 years or so since it has happened. They're too busy having her shout out witty quips to do that I guess though.
    Last edited by Saturius; 09-16-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

no not really. the giant size one shot referenced that period which her subconscious thoughts were still upset with Emma's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Eh. That stuff doesn't bother me. That wasn't even Jean, she was at the bottom of jamacia bay so it's a case of the scene was what it was. doesn't change my opinion.

edit: But just to be clear, even if that was the real Jean and there was no Jamaica bay retcon it still would not change my opinion. If one moment defined relationships no one would have any.

the Phoenix copied Jean, everything down to her DNA including her thoughts, her fears, and desires. for all practical purposes it was Jean but that said I'm not trying to convince anyone. the scan speak for itself. couldn't imagine any black person being ok with a white friend seeing them as a slave but that's just me. others may be fine with it and that's OK too. it's just my thoughts on it and why I would never consider Jean her "sister." far from it.

anyways enough of that bird... back to some trusisters moments:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-16-2021 at 12:57 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

no not really. the giant size one shot referenced that period which her subconscious thoughts were still upset with Emma's actions.

the Phoenix copied Jean, everything down to her DNA including her thoughts, her fears, and desires. for all practical purposes it was Jean but that said I'm not trying to convince anyone. the scan speak for itself. couldn't imagine any black person being ok with a white friend seeing them as a slave but that's just me. others may be fine with it and that's OK too. it's just my thoughts on it and why I would never consider Jean her "sister." far from it.

anyways enough of that bird... back to some trusisters moments:

Damn I was hoping to see Storm flex in that series alongside Shuri, but at last..we have RoS to contend with now. Hopefully the rumors of a Cable& Storm lead book is true for 2022 and Storm is still a regular in BP.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Damn I was hoping to see Storm flex in that series alongside Shuri, but at last..we have RoS to contend with now. Hopefully the rumors of a Cable& Storm lead book is true for 2022 and Storm is still a regular in BP.
    What is RoS? Also, I thinking with how the Wakandan Annihilation was written with her working with the wakandans it wouldn't surprise me if that continues.

What is RoS? Also, I thinking with how the Wakandan Annihilation was written with her working with the wakandans it wouldn't surprise me if that continues.
    I would assume Regent of Sol?

Also, I agree. Being in a relationship or no, I would hate for Storm and BP to not interact. Now more than ever Storm needs allies in her corner!

BANNED

S.W.O.R.D. #11
    AL EWING (W) • JACOPO CAMAGNI (A)
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    Variant Cover by Paul Renaud
    THE FINAL FRONTIER? Sword Station One is crashing to Earth. The Lethal Legion is poised to destroy the diplomatic zone. Abigail Brand is ready to make her move. But how far ahead did she plan? How many losses will she accept? And how many bodies will she leave in her wake?

I find it interesting storm was battling the lethal legion so from the solicit does she lose? Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    S.W.O.R.D. #11
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    THE FINAL FRONTIER? Sword Station One is crashing to Earth. The Lethal Legion is poised to destroy the diplomatic zone. Abigail Brand is ready to make her move. But how far ahead did she plan? How many losses will she accept? And how many bodies will she leave in her wake?

I find it interesting storm was battling the lethal legion so from the solicit does she lose? Oh well
    Not even giving that solicit any energy. Give me the actual issue then I'll judge.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Not even giving that solicit any energy. Give me the actual issue then I'll judge.
    Hmmm that's a strategy.

Hmmm that's a strategy.
    Peace of mind is always the goal.

Literally 0 point in worrying how things will play out when we don't even know how issue #10 will be. Also, Ewing has shown me nothing so far that makes me think he's going to start off with Storm falling flat on her butt right out the gate.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

That scan says what it says. Only bones to be made about it is whether Jean being racist is additive or too destructive to maintain.

On the Storm/BP and Vita front, I wouldn't bet anything of value that was Vita's plot and that's one of a thousand reasons I am leary of Marvel editorial. These folks still go around telling anyone who will listen that they couldn't do major Storm stories because TaNehisi Coates had her appearing in Black Panther. I don't trust them.

I would assume Regent of Sol?

Also, I agree. Being in a relationship or no, I would hate for Storm and BP to not interact. Now more than ever Storm needs allies in her corner!
    oh thank you. lol I swear I'm such a slow bunny. I agree too she needs as many allies especially considering her position. she has a big target on her.

S.W.O.R.D. #11
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI

if she does she will come back to destroy them don't you worry.