Page 452 of 772 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    damn right!!! nice pic boo!
    thanks. appreciate it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    thanks. appreciate it.
    thank you boo. can I make a request? a sketch of her and doom to commemorate the sword issue?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Marvel knows she can. Which is why in the what-if Storm was phoenix...she manipulated solars winds to save herself

It makes no sense to keep trying to disconnect her powers and then have her manipulate gamma rays on a planetary scale to block gamma rays from the sun from destroying Earth.

As I said before Storm is a part of a team. You do not want a team member to be much more powerful than the others.
    Exactatiously...at least not so much so that in-story that one character does all the heavy lifting...that's just poor writing.
    The power display dynamic is different from a team book to a solo title.

For the sake of a story and the other team members...substantially powerful characters will not usually unleash their full potential (unless the story, villain or scene specifically calls for it) so as to give everyone in the story their due presence. In a solo book however...because the character is basically on their own...the writers can pull out all the stops, as it were, and go a little crazy.

I read that scene in X-Men 01 as not indicative of the limits of her powers but rather the limits of the upper atmosphere where her winds can actively support Warren and the Glider without Storm pushing herself.
    Plus...It was a stealth mission...utilising solar winds might have been too "noisy" and probably not safe for Warren or the Glider as they are highly radioactive requiring stronger shield protections. etc.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-03-2021 at 09:11 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

thank you boo. can I make a request? a sketch of her and doom to commemorate the sword issue?
    Had a little free time for a quick one. Attachment 112116
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Had a little free time for a quick one. Attachment 112116
    dsmn you're good and fast too i love it!! thanks boo! very nice.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Marvel knows she can. Which is why in the what-if Storm was phoenix...she manipulated solars winds to save herself

It makes no sense to keep trying to disconnect her powers and then have her manipulate gamma rays on a planetary scale to block gamma rays from the sun from destroying Earth.

As I said before Storm is a part of a team. You do not want a team member to be much more powerful than the others.
    And glory be that she is now out of the team. Because there is something sad about a person as powerful as storm wasting her potential throwing lightning here and there and blowing gusts of wind, this new position and Ewing have stressed the importance of demonstrating how powerful she truly is hopefully we see that with versatility of her powerset.

My ick with this is this:
    yh she was and even to a large extent still is part of a team but if you say marvel knows she can manipulate solar winds I am going to say JDW senior editor of the xoffice didn't even know storm could control energy behind weather phenomena, he thought she couldn't manipulate solar wind that she used lightning to stop the sentinel in space. He was dragged and educated on the charachter on Twitter dutifully but this simply showed something in the xoffice and the X-Monday with Ewing hammered it in, they do not think about storm and her capabilities! I mean Ewing stated he has spend a good amount of time thinking up weather feats but the rest? Aside Pak with the Aurora and magnetic fields and coates with the fleet feat all that storm does powerwise feels uncreative. I stated that we as stormfans don't necessarily want her destroying galaxies and stuff we just want versatility, creativity, iceman controls just one element in storms vast arsenal yet look at how far he has come and how undeniable his power over ice is to all comic book fans. But storm doesn't have the same luxury especially with Thor still roaming around. If you say the most powerful weather manipulator in marvel is you will get many comic book fans say it's Thor a majority infact, and that's not really their fault because xoffice cannot even give her defence with lightning or wind, it just looks like she can just fly and shoot lightning and make rain. She deserves more she deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I didn't I actually enjoyed your post.... It makes sense because she has absolute dominion over all forces and energies that govern weather and gravity literally holds the whole thing down. If she can control the magnetic fields that shield the atmosphere then she definitely can manipulate the gravity that holds it. But here is the real question and why I was like if Ewing gave us a data page I will be very happy so we know just how deep her power goes. Deductions are fun but ultimately if not supported by cannon are just a binding exercise. But then again the mystery has been intriguing
    Storm takes full advantage against psychic opponents, only to later be poorly written and fall against psychic attacks, or is dominated, which is very frustrating, especially when forced into debates.

Like only the storm goddess can.

Attachment 112113
    Omg, this draft is getting beautiful, I can't wait to see it when it's done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Storm takes full advantage against psychic opponents, only to later be poorly written and fall against psychic attacks, or is dominated, which is very frustrating, especially when forced into debates.

Omg, this draft is getting beautiful, I can't wait to see it when it's done!!
    Storm's resistance to telepathy and indomitable will is so inconsistently written. If we look at Claremont writings both in his first iteration of uncanny and beyond that he showed just how hard it is to enter her mind but modern writers mostly ignore this.

I will say however that we she just how strong her resistance is in the first giant size issue with Emma and Jean. I thought that was an excellent showing of her mental defenses.

Storm's resistance to telepathy and indomitable will is so inconsistently written. If we look at Claremont writings both in his first iteration of uncanny and beyond that he showed just how hard it is to enter her mind but modern writers mostly ignore this.

I will say however that we she just how strong her resistance is in the first giant size issue with Emma and Jean. I thought that was an excellent showing of her mental defenses.

The problem is that they forgot that Storm has a powerful will power able to get out of psychic controls on her own.

How I miss the moments when your powers could cause pain in telepaths :|

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    To be able to stop a storm a telekinetic must be able to stop the full power of thousands of nuclear bombs at once! Casually repeatedly because that's the energy of a storm per hour. Unless you are a cosmic entity or a god tier telekinetic you have no hope in hell of survival if storm actually tries against you. That's why when Betsy had amped TK sooo strong that Rachel with the pheonix echo couldn't match storm could easily shut her down. Why because the energy and forces storm controls on average are even A problem for god tier telepaths now imagine if she is angry or she actually unleashes.
    Holy ****, I had no idea that a storm carries all this energy, a secret of mine is that I'm a little afraid of storms, thunder lol

The problem is that they forgot that Storm has a powerful will power able to get out of psychic controls on her own.

How I miss the moments when your powers could cause pain in telepaths :|
    did they forget or do they think having such abilities was not a correct aspect of her skill set?

either way I think there has been ample enough evidence to show she shouldn't just be getting plowed over by telepaths as easily as some writers would have you believe.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can admit that because she was his favourite...Claremont in certain instances wrote her as an overpowered Deus Ex...and there's nothing wrong with that...ALL writers do so with their favourites. The problem comes when other writers now have to either take into consideration what the previous writer did/said or ignore it to an extent so as to tell their own story or ...ignore that character entirely because they just won't fit the narrative.

The question then becomes...

How do you write convincing conflict using a character that's seemingly overpowered, without it being contrived? (As we've seen so many times...with regards to Storm where she wasn't the main star of the story.)

As with David Liss' BP MWF the only objective way he could have written that run is to really set up the situation with T'Challa not having Storm present. I didn't much care for it but I understood why he wrote it as such.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

hmmmm i think there are ways that these stories can be written where it it us realistic. I think you mainly handle this by playing up the humanity part of storm or put her against threats or in scenarios that live up to her power levels. seeing storm have trouble with street leveler opponents will never makes sense unless someone she was caught off guard or if she lost her powers. put her against characters who are omega level threats then I believe you have a story that won't read as contrived.

BANNED

Holy ****, I had no idea that a storm carries all this energy, a secret of mine is that I'm a little afraid of storms, thunder lol
    Yh the amount of energy storm wields is no joke! And when you realize how tk worked that for it to stop something it must produce a force greater than said thing you start to realize it's practically hopeless for many tk users out there to hope to stop her assault head on. Infact unless you are a god tier tk user doing so is suicide.
    So you have astraphobia that's very understandable thunder is very loud and scary.

BANNED

hmmmm i think there are ways that these stories can be written where it it us realistic. I think you mainly handle this by playing up the humanity part of storm or put her against threats or in scenarios that live up to her power levels. seeing storm have trouble with street leveler opponents will never makes sense unless someone she was caught off guard or if she lost her powers. put her against characters who are omega level threats then I believe you have a story that won't read as contrived.
    Hmmm well said, I don't get why many want her to struggle against street level charachters for the rest of her existence... Like bruh even street level heroes level up after a while. She is omega let her deal with omega problems.