Page 419 of 772 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes I saw clips online but not from the actual show. I honestly wonder do the modern writers know or remember her energy sight. its been like 20 years since it was last even mentioned I believe.
    The Storm/Gambit Curse of the Mutants vampire one shot wasn't 20 years ago. She could see and smell the energetic disturbance of the vampire magic in the atmosphere as they approached their island.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Storm/Gambit Curse of the Mutants vampire one shot wasn't 20 years ago. She could see and smell the energetic disturbance of the vampire magic in the atmosphere as they approached their island.
    good memory boo. I completely forgot she discussed this in that issue:

if this was the last time 11 years ago is still a pretty long time. its definitely been a long time and would be nice to see it referenced again.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-25-2021 at 10:32 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

good memory boo. I completely forgot she discussed this in that issue:

if this was the last time 11 years ago is still a pretty long time. its definitely been a long time and would be nice to see it referenced again.
    It's easy to remember because there were so few good Storm stories from that era. That's the last visual depiction of her energy sight that I can recall, but Hickman basically alluded to it again in his X-Men #1 when they rescued the mutant kids from the ORCHIS base, and she said something about two of them giving off strange energies [so she should watch over them in case she had to intercede].
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    if captain marvel has sustained a solo as long as she has certainly storm does too. the regent of sol position could be the perfect pitch for a book.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's easy to remember because there were so few good Storm stories from that era. That's the last visual depiction of her energy sight that I can recall, but Hickman basically alluded to it again in his X-Men #1 when they rescued the mutant kids from the ORCHIS base, and she said something about two of them giving off strange energies [so she should watch over them in case she had to intercede].
    yea i try to forget that era because it was so uninspired esoecislly for storm fans but had to update my arsenal of feats so that I wouldn't forget again. I thought that issue 1 of xmen was totally an example of her ability to perceive energy if not exactly energy sight it still shows her ability to feel it.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-26-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

1. Absolutely! I can't tell you how many times I've come across readers who say it would take time for her to use her powers or of course writers whove expressed she needs "weather" for her powers to work. Its quite annoying to see from readers but it is a whole other level of frustrating when writers write her in such a fashion. I remember fraction mentioning she couldn't make it rain inside of a dome. there was no need for her to do it either but it came off as he he wanted to purposefully show her in a was to depower or even devalue her. and those fans would lose their sh!t thats for sure.

2. oh ok no worries boo.

I would have been inclined to give lobdell the benefit of the doubt but he goes on to say "immune to weather what does that even mean? thst she doesn't get wet?"

he completely upended what Claremont has essentially said a few times in the regard using the same language to point out her absurd it must be for anything of the sort to be said.
    This was one of the things i hated most about the 90s. Every white character the sky seemed to be the limit and the one black female it seemef like certain writers were on a mission to shape her as less than but what is innmue to weather is harder to understand than but by a radioactive spider. And on the flip they were trying to give storm fans a reputation for calling bull and make it seem like fans wete being unreasonable. Its like no, we see you. Because of that ceetain writers from that time i have to think 3 or 4 times before i purchase their qork, lobdell being one. Especially aonce at the same time he had a plot of trying to basically make jean all powerful or was that seagle. Either way it was the cabin story and around the same time
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    While I'd enjoy a Storm solo series I find this article to be quite disingenuous as it claims that Jean Grey never had a solo book or mini-series when there's Jean Grey (2017), any one-shots when there's X-Men Origins - Jean Grey (2008) Marvel Girl (2011), or that the closest she got was X-Men: Red which is, in fact, a mini-series as the title revolved around her.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-26-2021 at 03:18 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ororoswind brought the thunder and BKyss brought the lightning. Under Ewing...SWORD is the book to read if you're truly a fan of Storm.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ororoswind brought the thunder and BKyss brought the lightning. Under Ewing...SWORD is the book to read if you're truly a fan of Storm.
    What was that interview with Al Ewing at AIPT, I'm screaming, I loved it, wow, I'm much more looking forward to new issue of Sword

That interview had me GAGGED. He seems to really understand the core of the character outside of flashy moments, but we're also going to get unique usage of her powers and all new feats. It's really the best of both worlds out here!

Dat Al Ewing interview……mmmmh

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

1. Absolutely! I can't tell you how many times I've come across readers who say it would take time for her to use her powers or of course writers whove expressed she needs "weather" for her powers to work. Its quite annoying to see from readers but it is a whole other level of frustrating when writers write her in such a fashion. I remember fraction mentioning she couldn't make it rain inside of a dome. there was no need for her to do it either but it came off as he he wanted to purposefully show her in a was to depower or even devalue her. and those fans would lose their sh!t thats for sure.

2. oh ok no worries boo.

I would have been inclined to give lobdell the benefit of the doubt but he goes on to say "immune to weather what does that even mean? thst she doesn't get wet?"

he completely upended what Claremont has essentially said a few times in the regard using the same language to point out her absurd it must be for anything of the sort to be said.
    Yeah well Lobdell is a racist so I'm not surprised.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    thank you so very much. I told you guys this interview would be lit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Yeah well Lobdell is a racist so I'm not surprised.
    really how so boo???

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was one of the things i hated most about the 90s. Every white character the sky seemed to be the limit and the one black female it seemef like certain writers were on a mission to shape her as less than but what is innmue to weather is harder to understand than but by a radioactive spider. And on the flip they were trying to give storm fans a reputation for calling bull and make it seem like fans wete being unreasonable. Its like no, we see you. Because of that ceetain writers from that time i have to think 3 or 4 times before i purchase their qork, lobdell being one. Especially aonce at the same time he had a plot of trying to basically make jean all powerful or was that seagle. Either way it was the cabin story and around the same time
    absolutely. there is a lot of vitriol this fandom has to deal with from petty fans as well as mods but the silver lining to it all is that we endured a lot of trolling to finally land in a great place. that interview that Mr Ewing gave is so validating for so many reasons and it feels great to finally have someone on our side working creatively within the xoffices.