Page 609 of 772 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659709 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Oh good point. Nevermind then. Personaly i see the likes of Magneto, Jean Grey and Storm as "barriered glass cannons", but if the "shield" (magnetic sphere, TK barrier, wind/air/electirc barriers) ability disqualifies them from the glass cannon status i fail to see why Storm should be thrown in there.
    Wait shouldn't storm be able to also create a magnetic sphere for protection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so how many shields can ororo make? we have her most recent "cosmic" shield, her emp shield she did to save Xandra, and then her air pressure shield. now we need like an ice/water shield. the versatility with our girl is amazing!
    Oh a lot lot lot more..... Electro once beat invisible woman by well

Localized Electromagnetic Storms: Electro once defeated the Invisible Woman when he created a localized electromagnetic storm. This allowed him to carbonize the air around her and it imprisoned her in a sheath of rock hard electro carbon atoms. Effectively making a statue out of her.[9]

The sheath was a hard as diamond. Ororo can manipulate forces at a planetary level and beyond just think of how strong and how big she can make the diamond shield.
    And that's just the tip of it she can in theory create a shield out of any element except inert gases due to their electrical neutrality. The versatility ororo is capable of like I have said before is something even we as avid fans can't fathom. Just electrokinesis alone has Sooooooooo many applications it's is not even funny.

BANNED

thank you for this diagram. I cannot believe I've never seen anyone, a fan, suggest this. it literally would make her invulnerable to all attacks. I need this to happen like asap.
    All matter and energy based attacks won't work against the dome that would take out practically most if not all attacks.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Oh a lot lot lot more..... Electro once beat invisible woman by well

Localized Electromagnetic Storms: Electro once defeated the Invisible Woman when he created a localized electromagnetic storm. This allowed him to carbonize the air around her and it imprisoned her in a sheath of rock hard electro carbon atoms. Effectively making a statue out of her.[9]

The sheath was a hard as diamond. Ororo can manipulate forces at a planetary level and beyond just think of how strong and how big she can make the diamond shield.
    And that's just the tip of it she can in theory create a shield out of any element except inert gases due to their electrical neutrality. The versatility ororo is capable of like I have said before is something even we as avid fans can't fathom. Just electrokinesis alone has Sooooooooo many applications it's is not even funny.
    do you have a scan of that fight against electro. I've never seen it.

and dae's negative pressure idea is amazing. I really hope we can see something like that in the comics one day
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

do you have a scan of that fight against electro. I've never seen it.

and dae's negative pressure idea is amazing. I really hope we can see something like that in the comics one day
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-25-2021 at 04:42 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

thats exactly where I saw that video on YouTube. perhaps they took it down because of this upcoming documentary.

I believe this is marvel superheroes #6.
    Thanks!!!!!!

This fight between Crystal and the Invisible Woman took place inside a simulation but I still find it very suggestive for us Storm fans

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Is it weird I always felt the cold of space should not effect her. I always wanted her skin to turn a little blue or purple to indicate its compensating for the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Is it weird I always felt the cold of space should not effect her. I always wanted her skin to turn a little blue or purple to indicate its compensating for the cold.
    Not only Storm is resistant to extreme heat or cold but she also does not sunburn indicating she’s protected by the adverse effects of UV radiation

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Not only Storm is resistant to extreme heat or cold but she also does not sunburn indicating she’s protected by the adverse effects of UV radiation
    Could Storm dive into the sun? I think your base power, without your divine powers (Goddess Mode), might have a level scale: solar systems / or universal / or multiversal, depending just on your mutation.

I wish Storm and Sue had more of a connection with each other. I don't think they've really interacted since Storm was apart of the F4.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I wish Storm and Sue had more of a connection with each other. I don't think they've really interacted since Storm was apart of the F4.
    They did in the fearless comics.... Sue called storm a literal goddess... And they fought of an alien invasion together, it was captain marvel, sue and storm. Both cap and sue were struggling against the horse but storm appeared and one shotted the entire army with no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Could Storm dive into the sun? I think your base power, without your divine powers (Goddess Mode), might have a level scale: solar systems / or universal / or multiversal, depending just on your mutation.
    I could picture Ororo develop a connection with the raging forces of our sun just like she was able to suddenly manipulate deep ocean currents just by tuning in with the new environment, notice that all it took was her willingness to pour herself into it, she just needed to think about the oceanic depths as a denser atmosphere and it did the trick, Ororo connection with the universe is deeply empathic and her reach can extend or withdraw depending on her willingness to open herself fully and merge with the elemental forces at play.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That should be a sub-category IMO.It's how much they use said shield's that establish their status.Hopefully we get some more defensive feats for Storm coming up
    Yes, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Wait shouldn't storm be able to also create a magnetic sphere for protection.
    I would argue, that depends on how much she can directly control the electric currents she creates, in order to not only produce an electro-magnetic field in first place, but also focus it enough to make said field strong enough that it can repell objects.

However if she can do such a feat (which i guess she can given what people here have discussed in circles), it should still come at a much greater expense of mental focus and "power" than when Magneto and people with powers like his can do, since they can manipulate the magnetic fields directly without requiring the extra steps Storm would need.

It's like the difference between having a calculator programm on a computer and having a programm on a computer in which someone can simulate a calculator. Yes the later can still perfom the same feat as the former, but the former does it easier (and better) and with much less power being consumed.

On a side note. These thoughts are pretty much why, as i previously mentioned, i keep thinking of how she could look as a boss fight in a X-men action video game. At least when it's supposed to display her at the extend of her powers her comic counterpart has. Because it would be the only way to actualy display it all in the bombastic imagery.

As player character she would have to be heavily nerfed and her powers simplified, at which point one could just aswell use a less extensive powered character. But as boss she could turn an arena into a massive fields of hazards and attacks, while requiring strategy to be taken down.

As player character i feel the only type of game which could fullfill the above would be a strategy RPG ala Super Robot Wars, where the big power displays could appear as map attacks.

But that's just two random cents of mine.