Page 112 of 772 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

wasn't a specific comment made regarding ororo's esthetic pertaining to her eyes and hair which then resulted in a specific response to said comment? let's not throw rocks and then hide our hands.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

@Marvell *thumbs up* self-immolation is not my thing.

@Stormult...anything would be better than what we were previously given.
    The blue eyes are a must...although they don't have to be feline. So many artists have ignored that visual for so long that personally it's neither here nor there with me. (Though I admit, it would be awesome).
    As to her hair...I would love to see a variety of styles, including her long, flowing, straight locks...She could and should change up 'dos throughout the movie. As many women do in real life. (I would have loved to see Halle in her signature pixie cut but platinum white, as Storm wore it in Xtreme XM)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-26-2021 at 07:17 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You're the only person saying "representing white women". If that comment was meant for someone else then I think it should be directed there.

Storm's hairstyles - Perm. Braid. Mohawk.

Bishop's hairstyles - Dreads. Bald. Fade. Twists.
    she's been bald too lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I own whatever I say. I made a comment about Black girls wanting to see more representation and I know I specifically said hairstyles. I'm not backing off that in the slightest.

Anyone else make a comment about eye color can speak on their own accord.

And let me say this, I'm cool with everyone, not hard feelings or animosity.

Dev, you and I have butted heads on many occasions and we've had some pretty good interactions so I hope you don't think I'm feeling any kind of way but good. We good.

BK, you love Coates and I can't stand his BP at all. That will never change. But the sameas Dev, we've butted heads but we always remain cool.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she's been bald too lol
    In 616? When?

If we talking styles then i'd give her Normani's ponytail to be quite honest.
    Attachment 106624

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Attachment 106624
    I have to admit, I wasn't looking at the hair.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes...we're always good.
    I get your point about the hair...but the initial post that premised the discussion was about her hair and eyes and how it might be perceived by some. What you and I were discussing is tangentially related.

yes to the Normani Ponytail...and/or Janet's Unbreakable lion-mane.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-26-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I own whatever I say. I made a comment about Black girls wanting to see more representation and I know I specifically said hairstyles. I'm not backing off that in the slightest.

Anyone else make a comment about eye color can speak on their own accord.

And let me say this, I'm cool with everyone, not hard feelings or animosity.

Dev, you and I have butted heads on many occasions and we've had some pretty good interactions so I hope you don't think I'm feeling any kind of way but good. We good.

BK, you love Coates and I can't stand his BP at all. That will never change. But the sameas Dev, we've butted heads but we always remain cool.
    of course no issues here on my end beloved. I wasn't referencing you in that previous post.

of course no issues here on my end beloved. I wasn't referencing you in that previous post.
    Still need to see that bald Storm pic.

In 616? When?
    when she was a mutate and regressed to a child. and when she was in age of xmen in the pocket universe. that was technically 616 storm

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Attachment 106624
    she so gorgeous i approve lol

when she was a mutate and regressed to a child. and when she was in age of xmen in the pocket universe. that was technically 616 storm
    I don't wanna hear about no baby Storm and pocket/alternate universe don't count. Technicals only exist in basketball.

Still need to see that bald Storm pic.

I don't wanna hear about no baby Storm and pocket/alternate universe don't count. Technicals only exist in basketball.
    but it does it was 616 storm transported to another universe created by xman

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    To answer your question: Artists and writers have, for the most part, always focused and highlighted on her African-ness with respect to her life's journey, her history, her heart, her connection, her dress. And there have been many instances where she's worn her hair in different , "Black" styles.

In story, Her blue eyes and her platinum white hair are indicative of the power handed down through time to the daughters the line who possess great and significant power. Ashake, her grand-mother many times removed and a gifted sorceress, had blue eyes and white hair as well. N'Dare, her mother, didn't. It's just that simple. Plus it looks really cool and gives her a very distinctive look apart from the other Black MU women.
    I understand what you are saying and yes, I agree that her ancestry found its way through her storylines . I understand the in-story reason for her eyes and hair as well . But I disagree with the ''many'' instances part . She is consistently drawn with either the straight hair( which I get, as it is a part of her look from her creation) or the mohawk and I wish artists would switch it up more .

Moreover, which was something I failed to mention, Storm has been a victim of whitewashing just like other black x-characters , such as Sunspot and Monet. When you add in the straight hair and the blue eyes? As well as many artists drawing her facial features as if she is straight up from Europe? She could very much be a white woman drawn with a slightly darker color. And yes, that bothers me . Because she is, a lot of times, the only black character that gets exposure on the x-men, significant exposure that is, and visually she fails to look like a lot of black people like myself do . And because the X-Office has neglected having other black characters be prominent on the franchise, this weight of representation falls even more on Storm's shoulders, so we look for her to see ourselves in and that doesnt always happen. I've shown Storm to a few black young girls and while they do love her ( I remember one of them calling her Black Storm , and to this day this still remains on my mind, because she simply didnt know any other black superheroes so Storm was extra important to her ) , the topic of her hair and eyes is always brought up . As unique as it makes Storm look , it also is a point of disconnection to a lot of black people. I'm not arguing for it to change, I'm saying: switch up her hairstyles and her outfits more , so I can see her in a comic rocking some afro, some curls, some braids, wearing some african styled outfits , etc.

@Butterflykiss wow, that page can open a huge can of worms . I know Claremont loves Storm and he is the writer who has made her prominent today, but this almost reads as if he is saying, through the characters, that she is black, but not REALLY black. And it goes back to what I said before, since she is the the most prominent black character in the franchise, this almost feels like taking away from her blackness and justifying it.