Page 17 of 772 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm hoping they don't look to dismantle what coates did. in fact, looking at the question again black panther wasn't even brought up so its interesting Duggan mentioned this.

why is what coates was doing with storm even relevant to that question presented to Duggan?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-11-2021 at 12:47 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Now if they can just say they finally figured out how to have Storm in two books moving forward I would be happy.
    But at least it sound like , Storm isn't fully out of Black Panther history.
    She might very well be. With the X-Office expanding her sphere of influence out in space and Coates not writing Black Panther after his 25th issue drops...at least for the immediate future.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    A friend of mine made an interesting point on twitter that they felt a way seeing blame for her usage being thrown at a black man looking to develop a black character. I must say I agree. I will never forget this but before Coates started writing her in B, the xoffices were writing her crying about being an ineffective leader who regretted going to war with the inhumans. she turned over leadership to kitty and was just abysmally written. the character had no life and the Coates came along with a sense of purpose for the character and he delivered.

if they wanted to coordinate with Coates im certain it wouldn't be hard to do. he was able to discuss her doing xmen work in black panther so why was the opposite difficult? its simple he just didn't want to:

nothing Coates was writing conflicted with what the xoffices was doing but the opposite certainly was not true.
    Coates was reaching out to x-men in his stories, but x-men never reach to Coates Black Panther.

I think it is wonderful that Coates gave Storm a lot point after so long time Storm being lost on X-books.

They way Duggan talk about Storm on Black Panther books, makes you think that she is a Black Panther character and that X-books can't call dibs on her.
    Coates started using Storm because X-books editors and writers let him use her

Can't help about feeling the same about putting the blame on a black writer, specially that he was the first in many years to do Storm right. What a way to punish a writer.

Coates' BP doesn't even coordinate with Avengers, where T'Challa is Chairperson. He's given Storm a few nice scenes, but his story is overlong, convoluted, and out of sync with the rest of the Marvel line. It's so boring, he can't even stay interested long enough to finish it!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Coates was reaching out to x-men in his stories, but x-men never reach to Coates Black Panther.

I think it is wonderful that Coates gave Storm a lot point after so long time Storm being lost on X-books.

They way Duggan talk about Storm on Black Panther books, makes you think that she is a Black Panther character and that X-books can't call dibs on her.
    Coates started using Storm because X-books editors and writers let him use her

Can't help about feeling the same about putting the blame on a black writer, specially that he was the first in many years to do Storm right. What a way to punish a writer.
    It's absolute absurdity that storm "fans" would give a writer grief for developing a character when the xoffices were literally doing nothing at that time but regressing her characterization. those who wish to try and rewrite history to fit their narratives are a lost cause and it really isn't any point in debating with that in mind.

nevertheless, coates definitely was making an effort to reach out to the xmen in his storytelling. his inclusion of adversary, the m-krann crystal, and references to storm's time as an xmen (including her time during the outback) demonstrated he was invested in respecting the xlore. name another writer who has done the same? (they can't because no writer has).

also, as you said coates couldn't use the character unless the xoffixes gave him permission. its silly to assert the xoffices couldn't use her because he was writing her in BP. in fact at no point was storm not in an xbook when she guest starred in BP.

all in all I agree with everything you wrote spot on!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-11-2021 at 01:00 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Of course it's about Race.
    It could never be that the wishes of a more prolific and long sought-after Comic Book writer who was given the reigns of the ENTIRE X-Franchise took precedent over the writer who is using a main X-character as a secondary "guest character" in a second-tier Avengers Book in a story no one is even acknowledging.
    Nope.
    Black Oppression is rampant throughout the X-Office.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Of course it's about Race.
    It could never be that the wishes of a more prolific and long sought-after Comic Book writer who was given the reigns of the ENTIRE X-Franchise took precedent over the writer who is using a main X-character as a secondary "guest character" in a second-tier Avengers Book in a story no one is even acknowledging.
    Nope.
    Black Oppression is rampant throughout the X-Office.
    The only black editor on X-office left to another company. Interpret this anyway, but let's not pretend comics (x-office, avengers,DC) are really very diverse. There is a artile about 2 assistants that relate bad experiences both on DC and on Marvel.

oan: I'm so ready to see the final issues of coates Black Panther. he about to show us what storm really can do. this panel still gives me chills. how is it he shows her being an "omega" better than the xbookz lol:

still waiting for an omega feat from the xbooks
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-11-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The only black editor on X-office left to another company. Interpret this anyway, but let's not pretend comics (x-office, avengers,DC) are really very diverse. There is a artile about 2 assistants that relate bad experiences both on DC and on Marvel.
    yes it is no secret diversity is a huge problem as it pertains to the creators in comics.

Except we're not talking about diversity and the lack there-of across the Big2 and the industry.
    Aspersions are being cast on the writer of one office seemingly "sabotaging" the writer of another office over the use of a character (Of Colour) because he's Black.
    It sounds even more absurd when I wrote it out.

Imagine being given cart blanche to do whatever you want with BP/Wakanda just as they are reaching peak awareness in the mass consciousness thanks to a stellar introduction in the MCU, and deciding to have an obscure Native American villain from the 80's terrorize the Afro-futurist utopia in the midst of a civil war with rape camps and famine? And after that banger, deciding to follow it up with a Wakandan slave empire space epic that is simultaneously overstuffed and vacuous?

Coates....

Exac-fekkin-tatiously!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Imagine being given cart blanche to do whatever you want with BP/Wakanda just as they are reaching peak awareness in the mass consciousness thanks to a stellar introduction in the MCU, and deciding to have an obscure Native American villain from the 80's terrorize the Afro-futurist utopia in the midst of a civil war with rape camps and famine? And after that banger, deciding to follow it up with a Wakandan slave empire space epic that is simultaneously overstuffed and vacuous?

Coates....
    everything ain't for everybody. his "overstuffed and vacuous" works as you have called it is also critically acclaimed and I, as well as others, enjoyed it. nevertheless, whether you liked it or not storm making guest appearances shouldn't impede whatever Hickman was wanting to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    references to storm's time as an xmen (including her time during the outback) demonstrated he was invested in respecting the xlore. name another writer who has done the same? (they can't because no writer has).

I feel like Yona Harvey was the one actually doing the heavy lifting in that series.

I think Storm might be getting a solo book right after the run with Coates is completely finished. They are heavily hinting that she is going to be leading in some way, and not on the Quiet Council. I think this issue of Marauders that Storm is going to give her council seat to Callisto and declare what she is planning to do next. Run for president of Krakoa!

Storm for President!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”