Page 162 of 317 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 4747
  1. #2416
    ☁ϟ Rosa Snarks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    20210326_124352.jpg


    Long live The Queen!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

  2. #2417
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    20210326_124352.jpg


    Long live The Queen!



    I know some of the girls hate to see it but the time of Storm is here!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-26-2021 at 09:59 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #2418
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Someone asked Mr. Duggan this question.




    I dont make the rules.

    #omegasomega
    Erhm so that settled the conversations, PERIODT!

  4. #2419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This era is full of lip service, doesn't even look like he had many issues of marauders to show how she is powerful and never did it.

    I will give that Dugan is good to control narrative, even doing zero work
    Truth. No point in rewarding an author who clearly has not delivered in terms of characterization and power usage for Storm. I am so glad she is leaving this title. She's been way too thin in Marauders.

    Still, I have always wondered why Hickman paired down the number of omegas. Cause so far it has no story relevance or impact on the narrative across any of the books.

  5. #2420
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    20210326_124352.jpg


    Long live The Queen!
    But like for real though does this have anything to do with the Hadari yao power that resides within her. Elevating her to an existence even beyond that of omega.

  6. #2421
    Mighty Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes indeed lolololol

    I still can't get over we got 616 evidence of her being more powerful than huld and thor! girls this is not a game!!!

    if they show storm terraform by herself in planet size i will be officially lose my sh!t



    children of the atom?

    It’s probably going to be a team effort considering how much they’ve emphasized collaborative power use in this era. Could still be very badass tho!

  7. #2422
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Erhm so that settled the conversations, PERIODT!
    if the girls want to debate save your breathe:



    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    But like for real though does this have anything to do with the Hadari yao power that resides within her. Elevating her to an existence even beyond that of omega.
    I have not seen any evidence that the xoffices have acknowledged hadari yao but I hope that changes in the near future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s probably going to be a team effort considering how much they’ve emphasized collaborative power use in this era. Could still be very badass tho!
    yea im pretty sure it will be a team effort but I'm still hoping ororo will be the one the make biggest and most bold statement.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #2423
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Truth. No point in rewarding an author who clearly has not delivered in terms of characterization and power usage for Storm. I am so glad she is leaving this title. She's been way too thin in Marauders.

    Still, I have always wondered why Hickman paired down the number of omegas. Cause so far it has no story relevance or impact on the narrative across any of the books.
    I think he got a small number because writers started to say their fave was a omega, it became a omega fest. The word lost its meaning. being a omega should be something very rare.

    Yeah, I don't see the point in rewarding him for a tweet and one line in comic when he had a entire series to develop storm and never did that. It's good that he is saying she is powerful, but we all know about it.

  9. #2424
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,343

    Default

    my beloved friends. offering him praise while acknowledging writers need to show us and not tell us is not rewarding Duggan. I most certainly have stated marauders was lacking (especially vitas issue) however having the Knull God state ororo is the strongest of his new avatars is indication he's doing more than just lip service. Yes a lot more needs to be done but seeing evidence of her strength both in 616 as well as from the current xmen writer is a step in the right direction and worth celebrating. it certainly is better than seeing her say "there is no weather" resulting in her being powerless or ineffective against a cloud.




    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-26-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #2425
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my beloved friends. offering him praise while acknowledging writers need to show us and not tell us is not rewarding Duggan. I most certainly have acknowledged marauders was lacking (especially vitas issue) however having the Knull God state ororo is the strongest of his new avatar is evidence beyond just lip service. Yes a lot more needs to be done but seeing evidence of her strength both in 616 as well as from the current xmen writer is step in the right direction and worth celebrating. it certainly is better than seeing her say "there is no weather" resulting in her being powerless or ineffective against a cloud.

    It makes me happy he said it because no matter what, right now the x-books are a collaboration so whereever she ends up he still is in the meetings and they stilll know what Duggan thinks. I'm one of the ones who personally have been enjoying maraduers. But haters going to be haters. They can discredit what he says but tomorrow they will be screaming about whats canon in print. *shrugs*

    The entity that was inside all those heros and took over their body said what he said and so did duggan.

    Let's go Planet Sized.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  11. #2426
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It makes me happy he said it because no matter what, right now the x-books are a collaboration so whereever she ends up he still is in the meetings and they stilll know what Duggan thinks. I'm one of the ones who personally have been enjoying maraduers. But haters going to be haters. They can discredit what he says but tomorrow they will be screaming about whats canon in print. *shrugs*

    Let's go Planet Sized.
    and you know I've not been a marauders fan but I give credit when it's due. its clear, even if at this point we haven't really seen it, he believes her to be the strongest omega and he has already canonically stated she is the strongest in comparison to marvels biggest heavy weights. therefore, with this is mind and he saying this summer will be fun for storm fans I am most certainly excited for what's to come. I'm very excited for planet sized xmen so I echo your sentiments.


    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-26-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #2427
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and you know I've not been a marauders fan but I give credit when it's due. its clear, even if at this point we haven't really seen it, he believes her to be the strongest omega and he has already canonically stated she is the strongest in comparison to marvels biggest heavy weights. therefore, with this is mind and he saying this summer will be fun for storm fans I am most certainly excited for what's to come. I'm very excited for planet sized xmen so I echo your sentiments.
    Yeah we don't always agree but you are at least consistent. Sometimes too consistent but consistent. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  13. #2428
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah we don't always agree but you are at least consistent. Sometimes too consistent but consistent. lol
    lmfao lololol I'm screaming

    why is too consistent bad.

    so I finally was able to read the Coates issue and I understood some of the criticism you guys provided a few days back but overall I enjoyed the issue. I think i will attempt to give my synopsis of the issue in a bit but don't hold me to it



    “What I had in mind was to make her the most powerful woman in comics, and the most beautiful woman in comics, and I think I’ve succeeded,” Dave Cockrum told the audience at RiverCon ‘75. “


    I think after nearly 50 years Mr Cockrum dream is finally going to be realized.





    I have another bit of an exclusive interview about Storm I've never seen shared in my time of being a cbr user. Woweekazowie featured an article from 1976 where David zcockrum stated Storm was intended to be the most powerful woman and she is credited as even being more powerful than thor.




    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #2429
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my beloved friends. offering him praise while acknowledging writers need to show us and not tell us is not rewarding Duggan. I most certainly have stated marauders was lacking (especially vitas issue) however having the Knull God state ororo is the strongest of his new avatars is indication he's doing more than just lip service. Yes a lot more needs to be done but seeing evidence of her strength both in 616 as well as from the current xmen writer is a step in the right direction and worth celebrating. it certainly is better than seeing her say "there is no weather" resulting in her being powerless or ineffective against a cloud.




    For me is still letting him get away with bad writing. But to each their own, amrite?

  15. #2430
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    For me is still letting him get away with bad writing. But to each their own, amrite?
    what would be the correct t response when a writer gives due respect to a character in the fashion he has? what would be not letting him get away with bad writing?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •