Page 50 of 772 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I don't know what is happening with this week's art, but it was terrible, the only good art with these week books was Excalibur and Wolverine...

Also, I would like all of you to concentrate on the way Storm stops spoilers:
    that hammer, do you see how the lightning spreads around her like a dome, I believe this is pure energy magnetic shield, or EM
    end of spoilers as you call it @butterflykyss

On the other hand, the art was absolutely terrible for me personally, especially in the last 10 or so pages. The first ones were good, but then it was like we jumped in an entirely different realm (you know like the Spideys from the multiverse and their realms). I hope they don't keep up with this art, and it doesn't suit Ororo. However, I have to admit that I absolutely loved how they drew her body, it shows that she is still a tall and very fit woman, usually over the Marauders she was drawn as slim, but in today's X-men she was drawn the way she is explained on the marvel database with her Athletic body.
    excalibur art has been exceptional over the entirety of its run. I know this issue was supposed to callback to the 90s look but I don't remember the art then looking so bad as it was drawn in some parts today.

and yes let's concentrate on this. that was truly an epic feat. we've seen pressure domes and we've seen her create em fields but never defensively. it was a great showing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Storm making shields now? First a lightning punch now EM shields??? The vs threads aren't ready.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Storm making shields now? First a lightning punch now EM shields??? The vs threads aren't ready.
    I just hope she does it more consistently.
    * pressure dome once and never again lol *

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    right! im just loving writers are being more creative in what she can do with her abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    I just hope she does it more consistently.
    * pressure dome once and never again lol *
    me too. frankly she should have been using her powers defensively in this manner.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    right! im just loving writers are being more creative in what she can do with her abilities.

me too. frankly she should have been using her powers defensively in this manner.
    Will comment more on this later but agreed. I think it would be great to see her powers written with defensive applications consistently. In battles, however, I will day we have a decent to good amount of examples to support that she does do this (redirecting bullets, redirecting explosion, redirecting Sienna Blaze, Countering cerebro beams with wind, redirecting Cyclops and blocking his blast with lightning, and there is more).

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Will comment more on this later but agreed. I think it would be great to see her powers written with defensive applications consistently. In battles, however, I will day we have a decent to good amount of examples to support that she does do this (redirecting bullets, redirecting explosion, redirecting Sienna Blaze, Countering cerebro beams with wind, redirecting Cyclops and blocking his blast with lightning, and there is more).
    100% agreed to all of this. when taking all of these showings into consideration it is very hard to argue she is a glass cannon. will be looking forward to your comments later!!!

I think what really stands out to me on the block is looking at yoga post of strength and the fact that it must have been split second since he was aiming for Xandra and Storm put her fist up, that must have been some shied to not feel any blow back if you think about her not having superstrength meaning she absorbed or blocked the entirety of the blow and it's aftermath. I also liked the scene with the wind around them when they were descending so for me it made sense artistically to not have jean using her tk from a visual standpoint i think the pink would have been too much in the scene.

Looking forward to what comes next. I can't imagine what favor Storm would call in.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mina Kimes giving the X-Men some love on NFL LIVE. Check the 2:43 mark.

Nice seeing Storm use a EM field to block an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I've often wondered how many times a character has to do something to be considered valid ability.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

So Storm in Space. Yea or nay?

It looks like this is what her 'big year' is about, assuming Children of the Atom never materializes. I've never found the cosmic side of Marvel very interesting, so being in space feels like a downgrade for Storm.

I doubt her just going to space is the big plan.

Wasn't she holding some cosmic elemental object in the teaser pic of RoX

saw these on twitter and thought it was nice

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

saw these on twitter and thought it was nice
    They should have had Storm in that costume!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

It looks like this is what her 'big year' is about, assuming Children of the Atom never materializes. I've never found the cosmic side of Marvel very interesting, so being in space feels like a downgrade for Storm.
    I dont too much care for space/cosmic stories either though when she is in space she is supposed to be more powerful:

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Space stories never interest me either, especially in regards to X-characters. It's a genre that I just don't think meshes well with them. Space stuff is more suited for the FF OR Avengers. Still, it's definitely something that appears fresh and new for Storm(meaning the concept for her isn't a retread and tired) so I am interested in where it goes and what it means for Storm if she is indeed going in a cosmic direction.