Page 175 of 772 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 11576

I am not a fan of John's art lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It's cute. Needs more melanin though
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Nice. Good find.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I did not miss him/ I never been a of his artwork.

Though, I do wonder if these are the characters Marvel is about to push in stories...yeah Spectrum/
    I know I'm glad to see her get some much deserved love. I heard she showed out against knull.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    I'm sorry but this is why I always side eye people who are fans of non black characters who don't like Storm. I always have a nagging suspicion...
    I think your suspension is right on the mark as we know where It comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    That is just outrageous and extremely rude. Completely untrue, Storm has earned her first place due to her feats, accomplishments and her solid appearance for the past 50 years. Whoever wrote that shamed themselves before everyone else. And has proven that his fanboyism over his favourite character, blinds him, to the facts.

As far as that top 10 list. I would be like butterflykyss most likely from one to ten, Storm and only Storm, but I do recognise the other X-women and I do agree with their official ranking. I think they are spot on, except for the small detail that they said that she was "revered as a god" like she is not anymore, but she still is. Other than that, everything in the video is perfect and spot on.

lolol im glad to see I'm not the only one.

also I love the cat eyes. Mr Acuna draws them beautifully:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I know I'm glad to see her get some much deserved love. I heard she showed out against knull.]
    Oh cool. I'll check and see.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

yes agreed she giving me beyonce teas

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Oh cool. I'll check and see.
    yes she hurt knull by breaking through the barrier he used around the sun I believe. pretty badass.

very nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

*beautifull piece of art
    Funny having such a nice cover for a book that doesn't feature her (seemingly). But it will be a nice bonus for anyone buying it for stories that are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Funny thing is...A cat's pupils dilate in the dark so they can receive more light and see better. So technically, (as the elongated pupils were a carry over from her original feline-matamorphic design) her pupils should be constricted during the day and dilated at night.
    Fun fact:

Animals lower to the ground in areas of tall grass have slit pupils to help them see between grass blades (small cats, foxes, lizards) they are also often ambush predators.

Animals who are higher up or need to see exceptionally long distances have round pupils (humans, large cats, dogs, birds of prey).

Animals with horizontal pupils belong almost exclusively to prey animals. They have horizontal pupils so they have a particularly wide field of view to help them spot predators (goats, deer, horses).

And then there's the cuttlefish with its W pupils...no-one knows what that's about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Funny thing is...A cat's pupils dilate in the dark so they can receive more light and see better. So technically, (as the elongated pupils were a carry over from her original feline-matamorphic design) her pupils should be constricted during the day and dilated at night.
    Considering they also turn pure white when she uses her powers or sometimes are just like that normaly, one could easily imagine Storm's eyes to be all sort of weirdly mutated inside, while looking somewhat normal to the outside.

Would at this point anyone be surprised if it suddently turns out Storm can also see ultra violet light? Wait a second. CAN Storm see in ultra violet light spectrum?

Fantastic Member

I may be wrong but the fact that Storm is appearing in several covers would not be an attempt to try to promote her? in addition to placing her as the most important x-woman, getting Knull to admit that she is her most powerful avatar and creating a huge hype about "big plans"

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    I may be wrong but the fact that Storm is appearing in several covers would not be an attempt to try to promote her? in addition to placing her as the most important x-woman, getting Knull to admit that she is her most powerful avatar and creating a huge hype about "big plans"
    Marvel always places Storm on covers because they're severely lacking in well-known black women. The stuff happening inside the books might indicate some big stuff coming for our girl.

Geez how dark do y'all want Storm to be? I'm black and I think she's dark enough. She doesn't need to be Wesley Snipes or Shaquille O'Neal's color

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Geez how dark do y'all want Storm to be? I'm black and I think she's dark enough. She doesn't need to be Wesley Snipes or Shaquille O'Neal's color
    storm was originally drawn as a dark skinned character who has been whitewashed over the years. with so few black women its important that the dark skin girls get love when and where its appropriate. in the case of storm, a lack of melanin critique is a valid one.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-01-2021 at 02:29 PM.