Page 270 of 772 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370770 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    see i feel i shouldn't have to do all that. if he wanted to really respect storm history and that is what he was doing as you say it would have been done. and honestly i'm a little entertained because in my mind i'm thinking so she was called by a lot names and he was trying to honor her but he didn't tie it to her most recognizable one and instead went with the connection of balance. it just reads as "lol, sure jan" to me.
    let me ask this. where is the xmen story that goes into detail that talks about her being worshipped as a windrider in kenya?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm has many monikers. she isn't solely known as the windrider in Africa:

Why does she get nude when she goes to Africa? I just thought about that...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Why does she get nude when she goes to Africa? I just thought about that...lol

lolol she knows she won't be judged like she was by jean many moons ago lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Putting the whole Crystal Vs Storm debate to rest

And I'm sorry about the other part
    oh that was a good one I forgot that lol.

and naw. I need something a little bit more than a sorry
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

So many beautiful Ororo images today! Inspired me.
    Attachment 109661

let me ask this. where is the xmen story that goes into detail that talks about her being worshipped as a windrider in kenya?
    i don't need to provide that because i am okay with Storm being present in x-men stories so i don't really care but if your trying to pull me over to read something else using Stom it's your job to explore aspects of her character. I wasn't complaining about x-books. See i understand the line between what i want to see and what is presented and buy what i do and don't want.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Attachment 109661
    Pretty. I really been feeling the cloud hair/
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Attachment 109661
    beautiful piece, your really getting better fast.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Attachment 109661
    that is pretty beloved!! thank you for sharing!!!

i don't need to provide that because i am okay with Storm being present in x-men stories so i don't really care but if your trying to pull me over to read something else using Stom it's your job to explore aspects of her character. I wasn't complaining about x-books. See i understand the line between what i want to see and what is presented and buy what i do and don't want.
    I never said you needed to do anything BUT you were criticizing Coates for not telling a story about windrider who was also worshipped as a goddess. I thought at the bare minimum you would be able to reference an xstory in which this was done seeing she is owned by them. If you are getting what you want as it pertains to the xstories whatever and however she is being written in BP should be of no consequence right?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

beautiful piece, your really getting better fast.
    Thanks, strange to think that I’ve only had the IPencil since December! I just love the digital effects I can do with it, particularly for the cloud hair (and Kurt’s beautiful eyes).

Attachment 109662
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 05-18-2021 at 03:09 PM.

I never said you needed to do anything BUT you were criticizing Coates for not telling a story about windrider who was also worshipped as a goddess. I thought at the bare minimum you would be able to reference an xstory in which this was done seeing she is owned by them. If you are getting what you want as it pertains to the xstories whatever and however she is being written in BP should be of no consequence right?
    Exactly and it is of no consequence as long as i have my x-stories to read which seems to be the case. But then you have problems with how she is potrayed in X-men if it doesn't mesh what you feel is going on in BP. So go figure.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Exactly and it is of no consequence as long as i have my x-stories to read which seems to be the case. But then you have problems with how she is potrayed in X-men if it doesn't mesh what you feel is going on in BP. So go figure.
    then you should be a happy guy then. it's been a great day for those of us who like the xbooks as well as seeing our hadari yao tales in bp!!!

then you should be a happy guy then. it's been a great day for those of us who like the xbooks as well as seeing our hadari yao tales in bp!!!
    I been saying i'm a happy guy. People keep trying to make it seem like i shouldn't be because something they want to see isn't being explored in the x-books. The only times i've had a problem with the x-books via storm is when she was pulled from them.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I been saying i'm a happy guy. People keep trying to make it seem like i shouldn't be because something they want to see isn't being explored in the x-books. The only times i've had a problem with the x-books via storm is when she was pulled from them.
    oh is that what this was all about? posters concluded you feel a certain way that she was going to be in the new run. I gotcha. yea with all the teasers we got today there was plenty of room for storm fans from either side of the coin to be happy.

oh is that what this was all about? posters concluded you feel a certain way that she was going to be in the new run. I gotcha. yea with all the teasers we got today there was plenty of room for storm fans from either side of the coin to be happy.
    Naw im just on the x-boards discussing the MUTANT goddess storm. I said what i felt about her being in the book in the BP thread. I don't really care about the rest but you have a habit imo of lumping posts together to formulate a statement on someone.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Naw im just on the x-boards discussing the MUTANT goddess storm. I said what i felt about her being in the book in the BP thread. I don't really care about the rest but you have a habit imo of lumping posts together to formulate a statement on someone.
    no you actually said that on this forum and a poster made a reference to your initial shift and initial point of reference for not liking Coates when he wrote that issue with nuNakia and Storm. this was you today in this forum not anywhere else

I turned against Coates because i was mad at the way he wrote Storm. Tchalla was good to her and i still read the scene as he is "nothing more than a man with needs." that is what my problem was. Tchalla uplifted her the entire run after a sour time when he wasn't the best husband imo, so to read all that effort and then feel like Coates had Storm diminish it to me was far worse than anything done on the X-side. If Storm has a book or is active in the x-line and is with tchalla i'm more than happy with it being respected by Storm not being with anyone else etc because ultimately for storm relationships don't matter to me. The only couples i like in comics are Scott/Jean, Reed/Sue, Lois/Clark and Bruce/Selena. Objectively speaking as you can see all my fave couples are white so i see the need for more diversity in couples but i had my parents so i'm not clamoring for it.

Also i agree with you Storm and Tchalla re too big to be tied to love lives but i think the main problem is people approach it in the traditional sense. I have no doubt Storm/Bp would have worked if they gave Storm a companion book if that was the only place you could see her at the time but that is over so i'm not going to rehash why i think that didn't happen. One last thing though is i don't know what marvel is thinking with the optics but to me it's hard to say the x-books weren't using her when they only weren't using her anytime she was pulled into BP and with the rights issue at the time i can't say what that meant behind the scenes.

I remember the initial discussions way back when because we had many exchanges and disagreed on what coates was saying. I recall actually being surprised at the shift because before that issue you always had good things to say about the book. at any rate moving along before this goes left enjoy your xbooks with storm!

for everyone cane across a wonderful article about the new BP issue and agreed with all that was said . the author is a big storm fan and very talented btw. I always vule his input when it involves storm and bp:

https://thegeekiary.com/new-black-pa...n-ridley/96043
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-18-2021 at 04:00 PM.