Page 453 of 772 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh the amount of energy storm wields is no joke! And when you realize how tk worked that for it to stop something it must produce a force greater than said thing you start to realize it's practically hopeless for many tk users out there to hope to stop her assault head on. Infact unless you are a god tier tk user doing so is suicide.
    So you have astraphobia that's very understandable thunder is very loud and scary.
    when you put it in real world relatable context by referencing nuclear bombs it really helps wrapping ones head around how much energy is associated with her weather control. the omega title makes even more sense considering this
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And there-in lies the difference between character-driven stories and Story-driven characters.

Unfortunately, a lot of writers currently fall into the latter category where it's all about the big picture and then we see who can fit in where and how. That said, as with Ewing...having decently large and comprehensive knowledge about the many characters in the toy box does help to create a sense of literary balance. The onus is still on the writer to ignore/downplay certain aspects of the character or up-play the opponent, to decide which best serves the story. And why it seems so many otherwise powerful characters are underutilised.

And that's after you get into the issue of which stories and characters are editorially mandated...where certain freedoms have to be given up.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-03-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when you put it in real world relatable context by referencing nuclear bombs it really helps wrapping ones head around how much energy is associated with her weather control. the omega title makes even more sense considering this
    Yh storms hold and produce immense energy.... and those are average imagine what planetary and cosmic storms hold it's unfathomable

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why? When she's so much more than just Omega. Her street-level abilities and instincts are just as valuable to her character as her mutant powers.

Astonishing Member

And there-in lies the difference between character-driven stories and Story-driven characters.

Unfortunately, a lot of writers currently fall into the latter category where it's all about the big picture and then we see who can fit in where and how. That said, as with Ewing...having decently large and comprehensive knowledge about the many characters in the toy box does help to create a sense of literary balance. The onus is still on the writer to ignore/downplay certain aspects of the character or up-play the opponent, to decide which best serves the story. And why it seems so many otherwise powerful characters are underutilised.

And that's after you get into the issue of which stories and characters are editorially mandated...where certain freedoms have to be given up.
    Pretty much, Storm isn't unique in this regard. Thor of the Avengers, Raven with the Titans, Sue Storm with the Fantastic Four, etc. all get underwritten consistently when on teams so everyone else has more time to shine. And when a lot of writers nowadays are focused on plotting and worldbuilding, their willingness to work with "daunting" characters like Storm is at an all-time low.

That's why Ewing and Hickman are such godsends, they love to work with absurdly powerful characters and they know how to organically incorporate strong character moments alongside high-concept sci-fi/fantasy AND big displays of power. So Storm is in good hands now. But if she's really going to shine it's gonna require a solo that can center her arc and her powers, instead of being minimized so ostensibly weaker/less compelling characters can still be relevant.

Exactatiously. In lieu of a Storm Solo...I like that HiX-Man and Ewing have been expanding her range outside of and beyond the X-Men as a means of expanding the character both personally and situationally.

That is not to say though that that minimisation can't be well-written or plausible. But it would take a very astute writer and sensible story.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So you have astraphobia that's very understandable thunder is very loud and scary.
    Oh yes, I have great respect for these events of nature, I really find it magical behind a strong storm. Nature fascinates me.

I have no issue with stories being story driven but often times storm is inconsequential and there as a token instead of being a meaningful character. Or having her being taken out in an unceremoniously way by reject, no name foot soldiers. I appreciate that this hasn't really been the storm I've seen in the hickman era and its been awesome to see them showcase her a strong woman both in power and character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm has great powers to manipulate seismic energy? Could she apply feats like Avalanche (XE), Quake (Agents of Shield) characters that can trigger vibrational waves through her body, generating powerful seismic explosions?

Exactatiously. In lieu of a Storm Solo...I like that HiX-Man and Ewing have been expanding her range outside of and beyond the X-Men as a means of expanding the character both personally and situationally.

That is not to say though that that minimisation can't be well-written or plausible. But it would take a very astute writer and sensible story.
    Yeah I'm also satisfied with HiX-Man and Ewing propping her up within the franchise, because the more attention she gets now the more success a future solo series may have. The last thing I'd want is for them to pump out a Storm solo now and then immediately cancel it because it sells like Way of X or X-Corp.

A storm friend (sunny) just made me aware that in Marvel Puzzle Quest there is a quest that requires divine only characters. Guess which character is selectable for that:

The power of Coates is spreading like wildfire.

A storm friend (sunny) just made me aware that in Marvel Puzzle Quest there is a quest that requires divine only characters. Guess which character is selectable for that:

The power of Coates is spreading like wildfire.
    I like the looks of all of the characters here, especially Odin, Loki, Ares, Phoenix, Prof X and Venom. This looks like a great game.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

This contest of the most indomitable of indomitable wills isn't going to turn out well, is it? LOL

Hold on...while I get my salted and caramel drizzled popcorn.

BANNED

a storm friend (sunny) just made me aware that in marvel puzzle quest there is a quest that requires divine only characters. Guess which character is selectable for that:

the power of coates is spreading like wildfire.
    i simply love to see it.