Page 635 of 772 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645685735 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 11576

By the way y'all here's where I usually get my comic book tea with the comic book pages shown so I dont have to go around looking. He does really good comic book review and usually focuses on X-Men stuff. Anyway he just made this video on why Storm is the most powerful Omega and shows how Storm could've killed Tarn

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Would you CAV for Storm against me using say Spider-man w/ 2 months prep?
    Haven't seen a storm matchup in a while and CAV's w/ her aren't common since it's people who claim she's solo's galactus or people who undermine her.
    Would love to since its been awhile, but I’ve already had that debate multiple times. Random encounters, Spidey prep that went all over the place because “his fights with Electro = somehow same result with Storm…?”, and powerless h2h. Under most conditions (anything short of a close quarters blitz) Storm would dominate or flat out molly-whop Peter in a fight. I still read the battle boards there periodically - nothing has changed. People constantly undermine her so the troll mentality is alive and well. I haven’t seen anyone making a ridiculous claim about her soloing Galactus in many of these threads (except the trolls themselves) to see why you’re even mentioning now, but I’ve read threads where credible feats are mocked because they just don’t like Storm, so it doesn’t really matter *shrugs*. She can catch blades, arrows, deflect or dodge bullets or laser fire, can resist elements but somehow she’ll be “a glass canon”, not one of the X-Men’s best tacticians/strategists, no fast enough with her powers, extra-sensory abilities aren’t keen enough, doesn’t go for the kill out the gate, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    By the way y'all here's where I usually get my comic book tea with the comic book pages shown so I dont have to go around looking. He does really good comic book review and usually focuses on X-Men stuff. Anyway he just made this video on why Storm is the most powerful Omega and shows how Storm could've killed Tarn
    I loved this guy. Best book reviewer for me. Very good video (I think it was posted a few pages back).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Would love to since its been awhile, but I’ve already had that debate multiple times. Random encounters, Spidey prep that went all over the place because “his fights with Electro = somehow same result with Storm…?”, and powerless h2h. Under most conditions (anything short of a close quarters blitz) Storm would dominate or flat out molly-whop Peter in a fight. I still read the battle boards there periodically - nothing has changed. People constantly undermine her so the troll mentality is alive and well. I haven’t seen anyone making a ridiculous claim about her soloing Galactus in many of these threads (except the trolls themselves) to see why you’re even mentioning now, but I’ve read threads where credible feats are mocked because they just don’t like Storm, so it doesn’t really matter *shrugs*. She can catch blades, arrows, deflect or dodge bullets or laser fire, can resist elements but somehow she’ll be “a glass canon”, not one of the X-Men’s best tacticians/strategists, no fast enough with her powers, extra-sensory abilities aren’t keen enough, doesn’t go for the kill out the gate, etc.
    She's an omega level, so I don't think what will work against Electro would work against here in most cases, and that's just lightning.And she is above peak human durability, not by much but still, and she has good elemental soak which ig is via her powers.We can keep a fighting distance above 100 m so it won't be close quarters.
    I'll use Parker Industries resources w/ 2 months prep, I think it can be close.I have no intention of lowballing her, if you want you can provide some feats beforehand which you will use.Unless she's cracking the moon in half with a bolt or one shotting The Hulk(modern one) I think it'll be fine.

Also maybe morals off for Peter and on for Ororo, I know she's not someone who will hold so basically determined to win as she always is back but morals on she won't go straight for freezing his molecules or fry synapses.

If it's all the same to you, if you do want to do this would you mind we starting after a month and a half or 2.I have a lot going on in the coming time, but it will be over by then.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-03-2021 at 11:21 AM.

She's an omega level, so I don't think what will work against Electro would work against here in most cases, and that's just lightning.And she is above peak human durability, not by much but still, and she has good elemental soak which ig is via her powers.We can keep a fighting distance above 100 m so it won't be close quarters.
    I'll use Parker Industries resources w/ 2 months prep, I think it can be close.I have no intention of lowballing her, if you want you can provide some feats beforehand which you will use.Unless she's cracking the moon in half with a bolt or one shotting The Hulk(modern one) I think it'll be fine.

Also maybe morals off for Peter and on for Ororo, I know she's not someone who will hold so basically determined to win as she always is back but morals on she won't go straight for freezing his molecules or fry synapses.

If it's all the same to you, if you do want to do this would you mind we starting after a month and a half or 2.I have a lot going on in the coming time, but it will be over by then.
    I'm good. If you want to check back later I may be game for it, but not sure its worth attempting on CV.

Extraordinary Member

I'm good. If you want to check back later I may be game for it, but not sure its worth attempting on CV.
    I'll try to check back later, thanks

@thread - I definitely donÂ’t think the artist was racist. Some panels he just didnÂ’t draw well& some of the inking and coloring also contributed to a not do great look. But some panels were amazing. The opening, the knofe throw, her besting Calderak, and most of her post fight looked good imho.

Yeah that site has really fallen. And there is no excuse for it really, but I feel many posters come off as trolling racists who want to create flame wars with Storm fans there. Even w/ characters she has defeated on panel (i.e. Polaris, Cyclops, Emma) or when credible arguments are made of how she could win against characters she hasnÂ’t fought they make it a point to collaboratively attack both the character and the user (most of whom dod not wank on her). One mod there shared with me that a single user had more than alternate accounts (something they used to ban people for) to go to different forums (including Storms) to goad fans who like the site into heated confrontations just to get them banned. There is so much Storm hate that it is ridiculous and IÂ’ve not seen it on this level for any other character (some who also get wanked just as hard). There is also even a tumblr page someone made to discredit her capabilities in combat. They use out of context, non-canon, and every bad moment to make her look weak.

When called out a lot of them claim it was because of fan wanking so they hated Storm lol (which did happen mainly w/ 1 -2 people and a couple who were kust naive/inexperienced debaters) but that person hasnÂ’t been on these boards for several years and people still go out of their way to undermine Storm. The same inexperienced debaters of other characters donÂ’t get any where near the level of flack Storm fans get. I rately debate there since it is pointless and you donÂ’t get an intelligent open-minded exchange like back in the day.
    Oh it was very bad. I remember all of this lmaoooooo. It was literally two mega stans, one with multiple accounts and one that just didn't know how to admit Storm isn't infallible. Especially the thread where Daymare and a few others called her a black mary sue
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    this is comic vine, people on this site think Storm would lose fights against Electro, Mera, Human Torch, Thing, Mysterio and etc... they think Storm is weak at that point.
    they created an antipathy for Storm cuz a few years ago she was very wanked by three or four "fans" who said that she could beat people like Odin, Galactus, Thanos and etc... and for that reason some of those people used several times where Storm was the victim of bad writing and used it to attack her, they literally think because once Storm got hit with a cake in the face she is slow and couldn't react to anything if an opponent throws something against her lol.

if you think he hates Storm it's because you haven't seen his comments about Scarlet Witch lol.
    Oh yes, the CV Storm forum has died since the day some of here left (they were banned), what makes me sad is that there are people who almost all the time try to undermine Ororo, who is an amazing character, II I don't know if it's because of the fan base, who also try all the time to assert how powerful it is, because of that toxicity, certain characters can destroy suns, solar systems, planets, but Ororo doesn't, lol

It's a meme post because people on like 3-4 fans on Comicvine believe she can solo Odin and Galactus level beings.It's funny when you see the post wankers made.
    He made one for Scarlet witch as well, It was hilarious.
    We also have debunk threads that go into great details from things like Hellbat and the Insider suit, we have one comparing Iron man to Spider-man saying if he is fodder or not.

On comicvine, a lot of us CAV which is detailed debating between 2 user on a match up.That's why things that are wanked like Hellbat, Storm, etc. get threads like these.This is a joke thing btw, the ones for Hellbat, Insider, etc. are serious.
    Ah, the problem is they take these scans without context (or when the writer doesn't understand the character's capabilities and ends up nerfing) they take those scans as absolute truth, lol. I know why they do it, it's to attack the fan base, but how many times have I seen Storm's scan fall to War Machine teasers, or fall to other attacks that she normally shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I need you to bring it down a notch right there cause Blacks aren't the only ones with broad noses. There are Asians, Pacific Islanders, Samoans and plenty of other races with broad noses and full lips and there ain't nothing wrong with it so let's stop trying to put these features only on Blacks as if it's a bad thing. The artist is just horrible and we've seen Storm drawn with a broad nose and full lips beautifully. Not all Blacks have and neither should they have pointy candlestick noses to look good.
    Previously Storm was designed with finer lines, but I thought this was due to the feline look that Ororo inherited from her family, but over time it was lost just getting the eyes.

Anyway, Ororo was beautiful in Inferno #1, I loved this panel, she is happy and rooting for Bishop, she is so sweet to her friends *dying of love*

Attachment 114345

I particularly found her similar to the actress who played Sasha from TWD, Sonequa Martin-Gree.

@thread - I definitely donÂ’t think the artist was racist. Some panels he just didnÂ’t draw well& some of the inking and coloring also contributed to a not do great look. But some panels were amazing. The opening, the knofe throw, her besting Calderak, and most of her post fight looked good imho.

Yeah that site has really fallen. And there is no excuse for it really, but I feel many posters come off as trolling racists who want to create flame wars with Storm fans there. Even w/ characters she has defeated on panel (i.e. Polaris, Cyclops, Emma) or when credible arguments are made of how she could win against characters she hasnÂ’t fought they make it a point to collaboratively attack both the character and the user (most of whom dod not wank on her). One mod there shared with me that a single user had more than alternate accounts (something they used to ban people for) to go to different forums (including Storms) to goad fans who like the site into heated confrontations just to get them banned. There is so much Storm hate that it is ridiculous and IÂ’ve not seen it on this level for any other character (some who also get wanked just as hard). There is also even a tumblr page someone made to discredit her capabilities in combat. They use out of context, non-canon, and every bad moment to make her look weak.

When called out a lot of them claim it was because of fan wanking so they hated Storm lol (which did happen mainly w/ 1 -2 people and a couple who were kust naive/inexperienced debaters) but that person hasnÂ’t been on these boards for several years and people still go out of their way to undermine Storm. The same inexperienced debaters of other characters donÂ’t get any where near the level of flack Storm fans get. I rately debate there since it is pointless and you donÂ’t get an intelligent open-minded exchange like back in the day.
    I don't understand all this Hate against the character, certain characters can do everything, but Ororo can't even create a star, who already start to think wrong.

I remember one day there was a little discussion that Ororo couldn't create earthquakes, lolol (it wasn't here)

LMAO some things never change!
    Attachment 114346 Attachment 114347

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I love this for her sooo u bothered by the dumb pettiness which is the drama in krakoa..... Like she literally has an entire solar system and galaxy worth of problems to think about she would be damned to weigh herself down over dead lesbians and magneto's temper tantrums on a tiny island.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 10-03-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    she is so unbothered with the shenanigans
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Does anyone know what this issue is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post

A basic hurricane has more power than 10,000 nuclear warheads combined. The day I see a telekinetic block the full power of dedonating 10000 warheads at once, then I will believe they have a chance to survive storm..... Otherwise Nope.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 10-04-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post

Web of Spider-man 106

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    A basic hurricane has more power than 10,000 nuclear warheads combined. The day I see a telekinetic block the full power of dedonating 10000 warheads at once, then I will believe they have a chance to survive storm..... Otherwise Nope.
    We've seen black holes on the planet barely doing street level damage and cosmic beings going toe to toe and getting ko'ed/killed while the street is barely hurt.Real life scaling is very unreliable.Not to say you're right or not, but the reasoning doesn't work within comics IMO.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-04-2021 at 02:34 AM.