Page 216 of 772 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lol i just woke up and it''s 2am and i'm barely holding on but iove tis discussion about storm. Yes, stom used lightning in the astral plane to destroy bishop memory of hunting hope in uncany x-force. sorry for typos She has used her elemental powers several times on the astral plane which always stoof out to me
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    During the extraordinary x-men story line I remember jean and storm going into an xman I think nightcrawler's head and looking through his memories. When the mob came to attack him storm created a wind storm to blow them away but jean told her that they are memories so they cannot be affected or something to that effect.so I wanna ask can storm manipulate the elements in the astral plane.
    I believe that the Astral Plane is more of a psionic world than a physical one like ours. So, maybe she connected more to her psionic energies, instead of primal energies. When you think about it, the Astral plane is all about psionic and telepathic connection, and characters like Jean, Professor X and others exceed in that and they are able to use their powers to the fullest in the Astral Plane, so I think that something like a psionic connection to that environment happened for Storm, and she was able to manipulate the Astral plane's elements.

Don't forget that psionic stands behind the psychokinesis like telepathy, telekinesis and atmokinesis which is one of Storm's capabilities. Or at least one of them. A lot of people forget that the science behind Jean and Professor X's powers and other telepaths is psionic. Ororo is a psionic mutant as well, she should be fully capable of using her abilities in any dimension or realm, since she connects with its elements on psionic level. It seems like a lot of people don't get Storm's full capabilities yet.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 04-18-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Fantastic Member

This is a question for everybody. Who are your top 5 writers for Storm? Based on what I’ve read so far, I would have to say.

Chris Claremont
    Ta-Nehisi Coates
    Grek Pak
    Jonathan Hickman
    Len Wein

And I’ll give Gerry Duggan an honorable mention for him saying she’s the omega’s omega and the most powerful Knull avatar
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I believe that the Astral Plane is more of a psionic world than a physical one like ours. So, maybe she connected more to her psionic energies, instead of primal energies. When you think about it, the Astral plane is all about psionic and telepathic connection, and characters like Jean, Professor X and others exceed in that and they are able to use their powers to the fullest in the Astral Plane, so I think that something like a psionic connection to that environment happened for Storm, and she was able to manipulate the Astral plane's elements.

Don't forget that psionic stands behind the psychokinesis like telepathy, telekinesis and atmokinesis which is one of Storm's capabilities. Or at least one of them. A lot of people forget that the science behind Jean and Professor X's powers and other telepaths is psionic. Ororo is a psionic mutant as well, she should be fully capable of using her abilities in any dimension or realm, since she connects with its elements on psionic level. It seems like a lot of people don't get Storm's full capabilities yet.
    to go one step further this is why her abilities, beung able to perceive energy/forces, and manipulate it makes her so incredibly powerful. when you really dissect what all potentially she can do the many different applications are virtually limitless. this is why so many storm fans early on were saying she was an omega before it became official. the galatic core, healing the Trion dimension, channeling high mages powers to open inter-dimensional portals, etc. This woman can do way more than shoot lightning and your description i believe above is also another aspect of those abilities that would be within her powerset.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    are you talking about this exchange

Yes was looking for it thanks.

to go one step further this is why her abilities, beung able to perceive energy/forces, and manipulate it makes her so incredibly powerful. when you really dissect what all potentially she can do the many different applications are virtually limitless. this is why so many storm fans early on were saying she was an omega before it became official. the galatic core, healing the Trion dimension, channeling high mages powers to open inter-dimensional portals, etc. This woman can do way more than shoot lightning and your description i believe above is also another aspect of those abilities that would be within her powerset.
    It is not really my description it is what literally says on her official Marvel Profile page. Her abilities are psionic and psionic means mental, just like Jean, Professor X and others, even though she specialize in a different field. She is an Omega for a reason and just Omega, she is the Omega's Omega, before her capabilities overshadow those of Jean, Magneto or Xavier.

When you think about it Jean and Professor X can implement thoughts or bend other minds through visual or mental thoughts, but Storm can do this literally on a primordial level, by rewriting the electric signals. She can make people do stuff, by empowering a certain portion of the mind and intensify that feeling. She can also block memories, erase them or fry them if the electric pulse hits the hippocampus, the neo-cortex of the amygdala. She can literally destroy memories, fried them or amend them with her powers. This is the thing which people don't get, yes Jean is a powerful, Omega Level Telepath, and what she can do, Storm can do much more brutal and direct. The only thing that Storm cannot do is probably read memories or look into them as a visual appearance. Something which only telepaths can do. And transfer information, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    This is a question for everybody. Who are your top 5 writers for Storm? Based on what I’ve read so far, I would have to say.

Chris Claremont
    Ta-Nehisi Coates
    Grek Pak
    Jonathan Hickman
    Len Wein

And I’ll give Gerry Duggan an honorable mention for him saying she’s the omega’s omega and the most powerful Knull avatar
    oooh this is a great question:

1. Tie Chris Claremont/Ta-Nahesi Coates
    2. Christopher Yost (X-men World Apart)
    3. Dewayne McDuffie (F4/Black Panther)
    4. Terry Kavanagh, Alan Davis (Trion Dimension)
    5. Yona Harvey

Honorable Mentions: Greg Pak, Nnedi Okorafor
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It is not really my description it is what literally says on her official Marvel Profile page. Her abilities are psionic and psionic means mental, just like Jean, Professor X and others, even though she specialize in a different field. She is an Omega for a reason and just Omega, she is the Omega's Omega, before her capabilities overshadow those of Jean, Magneto or Xavier.

When you think about it Jean and Professor X can implement thoughts or bend other minds through visual or mental thoughts, but Storm can do this literally on a primordial level, by rewriting the electric signals. She can make people do stuff, by empowering a certain portion of the mind and intensify that feeling. She can also block memories, erase them or fry them if the electric pulse hits the hippocampus, the neo-cortex of the amygdala. She can literally destroy memories, fried them or amend them with her powers. This is the thing which people don't get, yes Jean is a powerful, Omega Level Telepath, and what she can do, Storm can do much more brutal and direct. The only thing that Storm cannot do is probably read memories or look into them as a visual appearance. Something which only telepaths can do. And transfer information, as well.
    I think the thing about psionic power is that it is related to mental faculties. Will power is crucial and determines strength of said psionic ability. We already know that storms will is strong enough to host gods with ease and can wrest controll from dimensional gods in their own dimension and use it against them. And xavier has already started that her will is way stronger than even she realizes.

BANNED

Didn't monica turn into neural electricity to look at people's memories and such?

You are right. I think some people may interject and say her powers should not work ok the astral plane but when looking to how her powers work as you mentioned as described on the marvel page it shouldn't be a surprise.

Taking one step further to some of her obscure abilities is her mental rapport/spiritual bond to the planet and being able to feel her plants when they are thirsty and/or dying. Its a different aspect of her abilities but it all i believe correlates. I would say as it pertains to her connection with plant life/mother earth i see this as being more a spiritual aspect of her abilities. That said, you make excellent points regarding what she did to bishop to the unorthodox application of her abilities linking it all back to psionics' mechanics.

Yes was looking for it thanks.
    you're welcome beloved

Didn't monica turn into neural electricity to look at people's memories and such?
    I haven't seen that feat but it is one thing to turn yourself into energy and enter in someone's mind to read his electrical impulses, and it is an entirely different thing to only control it. There is no way for you to see what your energy sees when you control it unless you establish a powerful psionic connection. But Storm is not yet there. The other way to do it is for a small part of her to be turned into energy and for her to manipulate that energy of hers and reads through her psionic link what the energy sees, but that is entirely another field and something which Storm can't do yet. Separating a small part of yourself on an atomic level, cannot happen until you get at least elemental form or being able to turn into an elemental being and controlling every single atom of that elemental being. Something, which Storm hasn't done yet.

You are right. I think some people may interject and say her powers should not work ok the astral plane but when looking to how her powers work as you mentioned as described on the marvel page it shouldn't be a surprise.

Taking one step further to some of her obscure abilities is her mental rapport/spiritual bond to the planet and being able to feel her plants when they are thirsty and/or dying. Its a different aspect of her abilities but it all i believe correlates. I would say as it pertains to her connection with plant life/mother earth i see this as being more a spiritual aspect of her abilities. That said, you make excellent points regarding what she did to bishop to the unorthodox application of her abilities linking it all back to psionics' mechanics.
    That is why I got angry when someone said above that she cannot use her powers without telepathic help. Telepathy is a psionic ability, Storm abilities are psionic as well, she should be capable to do what Telepaths do, and what telepaths do in the Astral plane is materialize their psionic constructions, and I am quite certain that Storm can do the same, however, her psionic constructions would be weather-related phenomena, like storm constructions, or wind constructions, etc.

I haven't seen that feat but it is one thing to turn yourself into energy and enter in someone's mind to read his electrical impulses, and it is an entirely different thing to only control it. There is no way for you to see what your energy sees when you control it unless you establish a powerful psionic connection. But Storm is not yet there. The other way to do it is for a small part of her to be turned into energy and for her to manipulate that energy of hers and reads through her psionic link what the energy sees, but that is entirely another field and something which Storm can't do yet. Separating a small part of yourself on an atomic level, cannot happen until you get at least elemental form or being able to turn into an elemental being and controlling every single atom of that elemental being. Something, which Storm hasn't done yet.

That is why I got angry when someone said above that she cannot use her powers without telepathic help. Telepathy is a psionic ability, Storm abilities are psionic as well, she should be capable to do what Telepaths do, and what telepaths do in the Astral plane is materialize their psionic constructions, and I am quite certain that Storm can do the same, however, her psionic constructions would be weather-related phenomena, like storm constructions, or wind constructions, etc.
    well I think this is something that should be explored.

can storm use her powers to read minds like telepaths do: No
    can storm make mental illusions, mental projections, etc., via telepathy: No
    can storm enter the astral plane as telepaths do at will: No
    can storm once in the astral plane use her powers: Yes for the reasons you mentioned.

the only help I see that ororo requires is entry into the astral plane but once there she has shown a few times she can deploy her powers on her own and without the aide of a telepath.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-18-2021 at 02:40 PM.

well I think this something that should be explored.

can storm use her powers to read minds like telepaths do: No
    can storm make mental illusions, mental projections, etc., via telepathy: No
    can storm enter the astral plane as telepaths do at will: No
    can storm once in the astral plane use her powers: Yes for the reasons you mentioned.

the only help I see that ororo requires is entry into the astral plane but once there she has shown a few times she can deploy her powers on her own.
    Wasn't she able to enter another plane via her crystal? If I remember correctly, by people who mentioned here, is that Storm was able to follow T'Challa in that dimension (Death's dimension or the Astral dimension) to save him from death or something. Or am I getting the dimensions wrong?

Also, if she can use the crystal to enter in other dimensions, shouldn't she be able to do the same to enter the Astral Dimension without the help of Telepaths? I would out that third part into uncertain or unknown than strict no.

Also for the first one, it is a hard yes, but she can do that via Empathy not via Telepathy. When a person is an Empath, they can read people's emotions, feelings and their surface thoughts and even look into people's past, especially if those past moments are connected with strong emotions. I know that from personal experience since I am an Empath and I've been able to read people like no one else and even catch their surface thoughts or see their past clearly like a picture or a movie. The stronger the emotions, the more vivid the image is.

Wasn't she able to enter another plane via her crystal? If I remember correctly, by people who mentioned here, is that Storm was able to follow T'Challa in that dimension (Death's dimension or the Astral dimension) to save him from death or something. Or am I getting the dimensions wrong?

Also, if she can use the crystal to enter in other dimensions, shouldn't she be able to do the same to enter the Astral Dimension without the help of Telepaths? I would out that third part into uncertain or unknown than strict no.
    well again I'm only speaking to what she has been able to do unaided. in the case of tchalla when she entered limbo to save his life she needed the aid of a shaman like character. not familiar with the crystal story but even then based upon your statement she required the crystal.

well again I'm only speaking to what she has been able to do unaided. in the case of tchalla when she entered limbo to save his life she needed the aid of a shaman like character. not familiar with the crystal story but even then based upon your statement she required the crystal.
    Yeah, I guess you are right about that. I also added more to my comment above.