Page 16 of 772 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Storm role on Black Panther was that big that would make things harder for x-men writers? Seems like a very simple matter of exchange ideas and coordinating.
    it makes no sense right? I appreciate they "respected" what Coates was doing but it seriously shouldn't be that hard to coordinate. It's as simple as picking up the phone or sending an email.

At any rate, I hope that whatever plans they have for her were a massive as what Coates has done. He made her a goddess anything short of that I dont want it!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it makes no sense right? I appreciate they "respected" what Coates was doing but it seriously shouldn't be that hard to coordinate. It's as simple as picking up the phone or sending an email.

At any rate, I hope that whatever plans they have for her were a massive as what Coates has done. He made her a goddess anything short of that I dont want it!!!
    This is really strange, I have been reading comics for a decade and characters being share by writers is really a common thing. Action Comics and Superman for years had the same lead and different writers for example, they had to adjust their plans on advance but did their own thing without anyone giving the excuse Duggan did.

Then a issue of marauders undid part of what Coates did. Like x-office can't even coordinate at all.

Coates finally having the courage to giving Ororo the Godhood was a development I was waiting for years.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

More like the X-Office didn't really want to...and with Covid making a grand mess of schedules and creating general havok all through out 2020, and with Coates' Space story not set to any specific time-frame in the MU...who could blame them?
    Not even Aaron writing Avengers was coordinating with Coates. And if the Avengers line wasn't doing it with a main character like BP, why should the X-Offices be beholden to sharing a secondary character. Especially when I don't even think Coates referenced anything from the X-Books during his run with regards to Storm specifically.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-11-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nope. that trash marauders issue wasn't relevant or even known at that time.

again, vita was dropping hints of some big storm news on its twitter and then news of the children of atom dropped that vita was writing. I hope that book never sees the light of day btw.
    If Storm was supposed to be in this book, hopefully it is one of the changes that Hickman said happened due to the Covid delays. He said the plans for Storm changed and what they are cooking up now is better than what they had initially planned. I too have no interest in Storm leading or being involved in a book as a mentor to a bunch of children.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    More like the X-Office didn't really want to...and with Covid making a grand mess of schedules and creating general havok all through out 2020, and with Coates' Space story not set to any specific time-frame in the MU...who could blame them?
    Not even Aaron writing Avengers was coordinating with Coates. And if the Avengers line wasn't doing it with a main character like BP, why should the X-Offices be beholden to sharing a secondary character. Especially when I don't even think Coates referenced anything from the X-Books during his run with regards to Storm specifically.
    Seems like I can blame them and I will blame them.

if Coates story is not set on a specific time, they can move forward. Simple like that

Makes perfect sense to me. Sounds like the deal hudlin had where he was able to pull Storm from the x-books so he had creative control of her in the BP books. At that point that would during the period of the contract make the character secondary to whatever the BP office was doing meaning that if a writer came on claiming big plans they could have at anytime pulled the character.

So glad that is over.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think Hudlin let X-office use her, they just prefered to not use.

Coates had Storm more for guest, she isn't a book regular. She continue to show up regularly on x-men books. If coates had dibs she would mainly only show up on Black Panther.

Sometimes is just easy to say that you are cooking up something and it is taking time to execute than put the blame on a black writer

This is really strange, I have been reading comics for a decade and characters being share by writers is really a common thing. Action Comics and Superman for years had the same lead and different writers for example, they had to adjust their plans on advance but did their own thing without anyone giving the excuse Duggan did.

Then a issue of marauders undid part of what Coates did. Like x-office can't even coordinate at all.

Coates finally having the courage to giving Ororo the Godhood was a development I was waiting for years.
    A friend of mine made an interesting point on twitter that they felt a way seeing blame for her usage being thrown at a black man looking to develop a black character. I must say I agree. I will never forget this but before Coates started writing her in B, the xoffices were writing her crying about being an ineffective leader who regretted going to war with the inhumans. she turned over leadership to kitty and was just abysmally written. the character had no life and the Coates came along with a sense of purpose for the character and he delivered.

if they wanted to coordinate with Coates im certain it wouldn't be hard to do. he was able to discuss her doing xmen work in black panther so why was the opposite difficult? its simple he just didn't want to:

nothing Coates was writing conflicted with what the xoffices was doing but the opposite certainly was not true.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    If Storm was supposed to be in this book, hopefully it is one of the changes that Hickman said happened due to the Covid delays. He said the plans for Storm changed and what they are cooking up now is better than what they had initially planned. I too have no interest in Storm leading or being involved in a book as a mentor to a bunch of children.
    by the goddess I hope you are correct. I cant with storm being a mother hen. why anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

I think Hudlin let X-office use her, they just prefered to not use.

Coates had Storm more for guest, she isn't a book regular. She continue to show up regularly on x-men books. If coates had dibs she would mainly only show up on Black Panther.

Sometimes is just easy to say that you are cooking up something and it is taking time to execute than put the blame on a black writer
    you just msde the point I wrote. its very distasteful to attempt to blame Coates for taking interest in a character their offices had zero interest in until he got innumerable amounts of praise for his writings on storm.

All i know i was reading Extraodinary Xmen from 2016-2017 where Storm was leading and then in 2017 all of a sudden she was in BP books and wasn't a leader anymore.
    I also know around 2005 i was enjoying Storm leading Xtreme Xmen and then all of a sudden she left the x-books and was in BP.

Whatever people want to call it for some reason her being in the BP books means a diminished role in the x-books and each time i've heard and explanation it was similar. But either way i'm just glad it's over. The x-books should never have to coordinate with the BP books for Storm it should be the other way around.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All i know i was reading Extraodinary Xmen from 2016-2017 where Storm was leading and then in 2017 all of a sudden she was in BP books and wasn't a leader anymore.
    I also know around 2005 i was enjoying Storm leading Xtreme Xmen and then all of a sudden she left the x-books and was in BP.

Whatever people want to call it for some reason her being in the BP books means a diminished role in the x-books and each time i've heard and explanation it was similar. But either way i'm just glad it's over. The x-books should never have to coordinate with the BP books for Storm it should be the other way around.
    Do I hear an AMEN!!!?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The xoffices are not coordinating with BP offices for a property they don't own. The xoffices own the character and therefore dictate what happens to the character in their offices. If storm isn't present in the xbooks its because they don't want her there. the blame resides with them and them alone. PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

BP had nothing to do with Storm not being a leader anymore. Everyone know that Guggemheim fan favorite is Kitty and Storm as a leader in extraordinary wasn't being written well;

BP had nothing to do with Storm not being a leader anymore. Everyone know that Guggemheim fan favorite is Kitty and Storm as a leader in extraordinary wasn't being written well;
    exactly! Guggenheim wanted kitty to be leader. I swear I feel like I'm at a trump rally with all the misinformation up in here lol.

Now if they can just say they finally figured out how to have Storm in two books moving forward I would be happy.
    But at least it sound like , Storm isn't fully out of Black Panther history.