Page 354 of 772 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ooohhh i love the idea of her having an elite team of bodyguards to protect her. she needs to most powerful though. would gamma flight suffice?
    Yes they are all Gamma mutates so given what ewing is doing they are all immortal. Doc Samson in particular would be a boon to Arrako and getting into the minds of it's citizens. But honestly each could offer so much. Creed and his ability to touch something and take on it's properties. It would be a feel nice upgrade for them too imo. Even Rick Jones who is out of sorts may feel normal on Arrako. And hulks love a good fun fight.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Yeah, they may have to learn the hard way like others have before them (i.e. Calisto, Emma, and Doom just to name a few!) Storm has no issues clarifying that her compassion and kindness is NOT to be mistaken for weakness!
    Looks like storms is gonna have to flog some arakii ass into submission.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Yeah, they may have to learn the hard way like others have before them (i.e. Calisto, Emma, and Doom just to name a few!) Storm has no issues clarifying that her compassion and kindness is NOT to be mistaken for weakness!

you're absolutely right. Death found out the hard way:

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes they are all Gamma mutates so given what ewing is doing they are all immortal. Doc Samson in particular would be a boon to Arrako and getting into the minds of it's citizens. But honestly each could offer so much. Creed and his ability to touch something and take on it's properties. It would be a feel nice upgrade for them too imo.

ooh you know what I was thinking of alpha flight. I'm not familiar with them. is this a new team?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

you're absolutely right. Death found out the hard way:

ooh you know what I was thinking of alpha flight. I'm not familiar with them. is this a new team?
    For the most part they did hook up during ewing run though. Right now they are running around trying to save other gamma mutates from Henry gynrinch no less, amongst others. And they feel like they have no place to feel normal. The first issue of Gamma Flight came out today it's a 5 part story and i can't see ewing not somehow incorporating them into arrako. it just fits so well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

it should be interesting to see how cable becomes involved. would you rather him be a regular in sword or X-Force? and why?

I know he was in sword but that occurred by way of him being possessed by the symbiote.
    SWORD over X-Force. Because I think he’s “been there done that” honestly. He founded X-Force, and has been on it through most of its incarnations. And now the Earth is just too small for mutants, and especially very ambitious mutants who are quite above mundane Terran politics. There’s a whole universe out there… and my man has his own spaceship (Graymalkin). Just seems to make sense at this stage. Plus Ewing > Percy, at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Looks like storms is gonna have to flog some arakii ass into submission.
    its time they learned not to mess with the All-Goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    SWORD over X-Force. Because I think he’s “been there done that” honestly. He founded X-Force, and has been on it through most of its incarnations. And now the Earth is just too small for mutants, and especially very ambitious mutants who are quite above mundane Terran politics. There’s a whole universe out there… and my man has his own spaceship (Graymalkin). Just seems to make sense at this stage. Plus Ewing > Percy, at least IMO.
    yea I was going to say I would imagine his home book being xforce because of the things you've mentioned but ewing introducing him in issue 3/4 wasn't by accident. I would be curious to see what his plans are for him after his adult version returns.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    For the most part they did hook up during ewing run though. Right now they are running around trying to save other gamma mutates from Henry gynrinch no less, amongst others. And they feel like they have no place to feel normal. The first issue of Gamma Flight came out today it's a 5 part story and i can't see ewing not somehow incorporating them into arrako. it just fits so well.
    oh so this is a new team. yea a group of Gamma powered heroes would totally have enough power to protect her. I just know there are going to be a lot of people/aliens who want to take her out.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I think her compassion may be a strike in the eyes of the Arrakii based on this solicit:

They had Storm bust out the daggers and everything lol. These Arakki are gonna have a new goddess real soon!

I’d really like to see them bring in Marisol from her solo as part of her supporting cast (assuming we get some kind of Planet Arakko book). With her ability to manipulate plant-life it’d be cool to see her act as a kind of ally to Storm that can interface with Arakkan vegetation and fungi. Seeing Storm as a mentor while on a war torn planet could be interesting.

I’m generally not a fan of Gentle but he also is a protege of Storm and installing him as Storm’s ward/bodyguard could be cool as we see his peaceful ideals clash with the harsh realities of war on Mars. Storm could certainly toughen him up. I’m also down for seeing Marrow as a former Morlock seeing how much more brutal the Arakki are or Darwin as his powers get pushed to the limit to survive.

But overall I think I want a Arakki-heavy supporting cast. I’d like to see Storm clash with Isca and Great Ring which we seem to be getting based on those solicits. Or for her to provide hope to the not so strong mutants that exist on Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    They had Storm bust out the daggers and everything lol. These Arakki are gonna have a new goddess real soon!

I’d really like to see them bring in Marisol from her solo as part of her supporting cast (assuming we get some kind of Planet Arakko book). With her ability to manipulate plant-life it’d be cool to see her act as a kind of ally to Storm that can interface with Arakkan vegetation and fungi. Seeing Storm as a mentor while on a war torn planet could be interesting.

I’m generally not a fan of Gentle but he also is a protege of Storm and installing him as Storm’s ward/bodyguard could be cool as we see his peaceful ideals clash with the harsh realities of war on Mars. Storm could certainly toughen him up. I’m also down for seeing Marrow as a former Morlock seeing how much more brutal the Arakki are or Darwin as his powers get pushed to the limit to survive.

But overall I think I want a Arakki-heavy supporting cast. I’d like to see Storm clash with Isca and Great Ring which we seem to be getting based on those solicits. Or for her to provide hope to the not so strong mutants that exist on Mars.
    "I may treasure peace but I'm very good at making war."

Thats immediately what I thought of with your first statements.

I would like to see Marisol again but I just don't know if Storm would be comfortable putting her in that kind of environment, especially after the even of limbo during ivx.

I didn't even think of Gentle he would be a perfect candidate to act as a bodyguard but I kinda want her to distance herself from the morlocks if possible. I really would like her agency in this position to extend beyond anything this character has thus far been exposed to if possible.

I do like the last part. I can totally see the Arakki being one of her biggest obstacles seeing how much weight they put on strength through warring.

I think her compassion may be a strike in the eyes of the Arrakii based on this solicit:

Morlocks 2.0...hopefully with a better ending.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    (...)
    (...)
    I can't help but imagine that by Arrakii standard Marrow would be seen akin to a peace loving hippy, because she spend only 10 or so years in a horrible pocket dimension fighting other mutants to death, while dealing with acid rain and gruesome beasts roaming the landscape.

Plus the whole comming from a society of mutants who not only felt the need to hide from humanity but also get near wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Morlocks 2.0...hopefully with a better ending.
    They feel a bit more like a fusion of Gene Nation and the Neo to me, plus the writers trying to hype them up a lot more.

Can we break down Storm's words and entrance for a moment?

"Victor...you know my name."

Storm utters these words as she enters the scene. You can't see all of her, but you can bet Doom knew instantly knew her voice. Notice she doesn't call him Dr. Doom. She simply calls him by his first name. There a familiarity between the two. That's part of the reason why she can say with certainty he knows her name, and what's implied here is she knows him too - well enough to call him by his first name! We see the ellipsis (the ...). The ellipsis is used in writing to omit unnecessary words that do not interfere with the meaning. Here, there is so much that can be said, history between the two of them that can be explored, but Storm doesn't need to say it to get her point across! Her presence alone is sufficient!

"You have all heard it whispered."

Now she is addressing everyone present. They are from many far and different galaxies, but they all know who she is. She may not be the most popular person in their respective universes, but they have heard her name before. It may have been a legend told to children in a hush voice and came across as some kind of fairy tale. It may have been a story told a bars that sounded too good to be true. And while it may not have been shouted from the the mountain tops, everyone of them have heard of her before!

"It is Wind-Rider. It is she-who-swam-with-the-Acanti. It is Hadari Yao."

Now she is breaking down how they may have heard her name! Beautiful Wind-Rider is how she was first introduced to readers was in Giant Sized X-Men #1. It's her most enduring title, predating her taking he name Storm. It speaks to her power. It's a throw back and meant to connect her to the people of Earth and reminds us this is who she has always been.

The Acanti reference is definitely for the non-Earthers present. The Ancanti is a far reaching space race. Swimming with them isn't a common thing and Storm is drawing attention to the fact that she may be Earth, but she is not stranger to space. Not only has she been off-world, she done amazing things in space. She clarifying any misconceptions and possibly connecting the dots for some who didn't know, basically saying the woman you heard about who bonded with the Acanti - that's me!

Hadari Yao is said specifically for the representative for Wakanda. She is saying I am the goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things!

"I am Storm -- Regent of Mars--"

Let me pull all of this together and tell you how I am to be addressed. Those other names are great, but this is who I am and why I am here now. She didn't say Ororo - she said Storm. That's who they are dealing with now. She calls the plant Mars just in case they haven't recognize Mars as Planet Arrako just to be sure there isn't any confusion. She gave her desired name and position without hesitation or doubt, but with a flare of lightning and crack of thunder. Bow down!

"And and I am the Voice of Sol!"

And this is why I am here, Doom, to answer your question. When I speak, it is for the entire solar system - not just Mars/Arrako and not just Earth. I am the voice of Sol and I will be heard!

I loved Storm in today's Sword book. I can't wait to see more of her as regent of Sol. It is a very cool new direction for Storm. I hope she gets a lot of focus going forward.

This cover and synopsis is everything.
    Ahhh she's still wearing the Gala outfit.

Well hello friends!!! I hope you all are well and have had a chance to read today's issue of S.W.O.R.D. Did it live up to all the hype?

Today is truly a day of celebration for me. Around three years ago, I created a petition after what I noticed what appeared to be a purposeful effort by the xoffices to ignore the development Ta-Nehisi Coates had detailed in his BP run relative to Storm.

http://chng.it/ngKLCbcV

I recall talking to Marc Guggenheim at my lcs in person at the time regarding the her development and he told me he wasn't aware of what was occurring in the BP books but that he didn't think she was an actual goddess. Added to this there were also some within the comic community, including Storm fans, who said what happened in BP was fan fiction and that if it wasn't acknowledged by the xoffices then it wasn't canon. In fact, some comic sites, particularly CBR, seemed to purposeful ignore this development. There had even been instances where moderators of sites would ban storm fans or all users of certain forums to ridicule her fans who asserted she was a goddess.

Well fast-forward to 06/23/21, some three years later an Al Ewing Finally and explicitly referred to her as being Hadari Yao. In an xbook her biggest development wasn't referenced in an ambiguous but he had herself claim the name demonstrating she has fully accepted the title and what all comes with it. I must say after all the work we storms did and all the unnecessary drama we've endured this victory is so amazing to finally experience. So with that thank you Mr. Ewing for doing what I felt early on you would do. I'm forever in your debt for shutting up all the haters who wished to diminish what Coates had worked so hard to do for Storm. It is a great day to be a storm fan!!!!

Amazing and I love her outfit! One of the best i've ever seen her in. She doesn't need a cap all the time or her legs covered all the time. I love it!

Astonishing Member

Oooh I love this. Def sounds like being surrounded by a bunch of warmongers that you constantly have to prove yourself to is weighing on Storm and she's gonna have to "adapt" if she wants to make her new gig work. The Arrako mutants already think Earth mutants are "soft".