Page 30 of 772 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130530 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Because it's been 15 YEARS of this relationship on and off! Most writers seemly are not interested in the couple. So I'd say just let both of them move on to new LI's..........
    Yeah pretty much. Also, Their Relationship is going nowhere.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Wolverine is a Cash Cow thats his only purpose. Her always being connected to Wakanda IS the problem.

You literally said it your ownself: “ storm will always be connected to Wakanda! always!” That’s a Problem.

And like is Said her constantly being associated with that needy Country 1 of the many reasons she will never grow as a character. The X-Men AND Wakanda are both to blame.
    Storm is the property of the xmen and has been since her inception in 1975. Any lack of character growth and/or development resides with the xoffices and their creative team. Her being connected to wakanda is actually what helped expand her appeal and reach to readers beyond the xmen.

When i say she will always be connected its because of her history with the country. zyou must keep in mind that of her stories that span nearly 50 years less than a 1/4 of that is wakanda related content. her primary stories are those of being an xman. however, her biggest developments post Claremont (becoming a queen, canonized as a real goddess) all came from bp books. thats pretty shameful. thats also the ironic part about your last statement of growth. literally all her growth in the modern era that expands her potential reach in the mu has happened in the BP books. the same cannot be said of the stories in the xbooks and not even the ones from her solo.

in fact give me one character defining moment that she has had post Claremont that propelled her status in the mu and/or to readers? hopefully you can do so without referencing datasheets.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-15-2021 at 02:15 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yeah pretty much. Also, Their Relationship is going nowhere.
    it goes somewhere when non xwriters showcase them in non toxic ways. the toxicity only happens when storm is written by the xoffices. that has been the problem from the jump when Claremont first stopped writing her after the uncanny run. it's been downhill in the xbooks for her ever since.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I thought you might like you, some guy in Argentina is doing short animations with 90s cartoon xmen characters

Cool

My commission of a Storm/Demona (from Gargoyles) fusion "Storm Demon" by artist NikoAlecsovich -

https://www.deviantart.com/nikoalecs...emon-866938396
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-15-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Critically acclaimed writer, actor, and producer Geoffrey Thorne explores a Wakanda gone dark—invaded by Knull’s massive symbiote army. Wakanda needs its leader. It needs the Black Panther. But once again, the hero must choose between his role as an Avenger, his role as a king…and the yearnings of his heart.

let this man have a win and have it all for once! I love everything about this February yone be lit! we get this and then Coates Black Panther at the end of the month too!!

#winning
    Just wanna put out there that this writer is known to dislike the Storm-TÂ’Challa romance and said he wouldÂ’ve never done it. He also dislikes the goddess direction and has already confirmed he wonÂ’t be having Wakandans pray to Storm. IDK why he brought her into the story but as it stands, IÂ’m cautiously optimistic that this is just driving the nail into the coffin that they wonÂ’t be together. But I really do think it was a mistake to bring her in after Marauders and am disappointed this is being rehashed at all. ThatÂ’s on the BP/Avengers office and I think they shouldÂ’ve vetoed that story direction. IDK why BP writers are trying to keep involving her in their stories at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Just wanna put out there that this writer is known to dislike the Storm-TÂ’Challa romance and said he wouldÂ’ve never done it. He also dislikes the goddess direction and has already confirmed he wonÂ’t be having Wakandans pray to Storm. IDK why he brought her into the story but as it stands, IÂ’m cautiously optimistic that this is just driving the nail into the coffin that they wonÂ’t be together. But I really do think it was a mistake to bring her in after Marauders and am disappointed this is being rehashed at all. ThatÂ’s on the BP/Avengers office and I think they shouldÂ’ve vetoed that story direction. IDK why BP writers are trying to keep involving her in their stories at this point.
    Someone gets it. Sheesh. So this writer confirmed he hates the pairing and the Goddess direction?

Then what is the point of all of this????

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it goes somewhere when non xwriters showcase them in non toxic ways. the toxicity only happens when storm is written by the xoffices. that has been the problem from the jump when Claremont first stopped writing her after the uncanny run. it's been downhill in the xbooks for her ever since.
    Ok, so what’s the NEXT STEP in their dying Relationship then?

Where do they go.....

Astonishing Member

Someone gets it. Sheesh. So this writer confirmed he hates the pairing and the Goddess direction?

I wouldn’t say hate, but he prefers T’Challa with a different character and wants to give him multiple love interests outside Storm. But he’s a huge fan of her character iirc and has been saying a lot of the same things we have about the X-Office’s use of her up until recently. IDK what role she has to play, it could just be an illusion, T’Challa could be lying to Shuri and Okoye about saving her so he can achieve his real goal. Maybe he’s just reminiscing about how several heroes have fallen. Plenty of ways to reference their romance without tying them back together. We’ll see but I doubt it’s gonna be anything that fundamentally changes the directions the two characters are going.

Incredible Member

This is giving me hope they might pull Black Lightning on Storm

I am so glad i preordered this, i wasn't expecting Storm to be in it but i LOVE he is probably putting the final nail in the coffin. From the preview images of that big hand coming toward a cowering scared Storm and Tchalla looks back and Shuri is just shocked he puts his mask on and i assume says "lets roll." LOL. She deserves it for that Nakia thing too. lol

And it looks like we can officially see the BP side don't see Storm as their goddess unless she is on Wakandian soil because to just watch your goddess be enveloped in darkness. Where the prayers? Where. the. prayers? Lawd...
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-15-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    oh damn, that's so absolutely sad.......46 years of white & male comicbook history written into this character...

thank you very much, hon!!
    And yet...it was White, Male and British Claremont who has given us ALL the very best and definitive Storm throughout her long X-tenure. The very Storm you all LOVE and place upon an X-Pedestal.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This is a just a one-shot that was more or less "mandated" as these things go. And...it's just a couple of pages, showing Storm before she was "Knullified" so we have no idea how the story actually plays out.
    My best highly uninformed and therefore prone to the grossest of errors guess is...He might just be following through on what Vita started in Marauders 13, just on the Avengers-Office side.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Well, this will be interesting to see.

Oh im fully aware of his position on the couple but based upon the solicit and the preview it appears the editors' superceded his preferencd. I've seen his posts in the BP thread and im aware what his thoughts are on Storm but none of that matters as he doesn't own the character nor is he writing black panther upon the end of Coates' run.

In terms of why writers involve her in his story its because there is an interest in it. They are two popular characters and with their shared history it makes sense. These two can be written well when a writer wants to show them as such. I know it is hard to tell sometimes on this forum but there are actually a lot of readers who enjoy the pairing and want to see them together.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-15-2021 at 10:50 AM.