Page 444 of 606 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 9085
  1. #6646
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    storm is energy manipulator whose abilities manifest in weather phenomenon. that is why we see her do many things beyond just weather.



    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-31-2021 at 05:19 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #6647
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm is energy manipulator whose abilities manifest in weather phenomenon. that is why we see her do many things beyond just weather.



    So the question we should be asking is if storms energy manipulation is as vast but her manifestations are limited to weather phenomena. Because I have been wondering if she can control the electromagnetic force then her abilities should be very all encompassing as em force has dominance over observable matter and all physical interactions besides gravity. Buti think though she has complete control over the em field she can manifest it with existing weather patterns. With this then she can use energy from varying sources to create storms and weather phenomena that do not naturally exist. Same might be said for the matter that she controls maybe she might not be restricted to wind, water and electricity but can apply this energy with other forms of matter to create really really wonky weather. Now that sheer amount of versatility and leeway in using her powers would truly be omega.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 07-31-2021 at 05:34 PM.

  3. #6648
    Fantastic Member Stormy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    331

    Default

    That particular moment was a nerf on your weather control skills, wasn't it?
    Comics: X-men (2013) #23
    RCO011.jpg

  4. #6649
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So the question we should be asking is if storms energy manipulation is as vast but her manifestations are limited to weather phenomena. Because I have been wondering if she can control the electromagnetic force then her abilities should be very all encompassing as em force has dominance over observable matter and all physical interactions besides gravity. Buti think though she has complete control over the em field she can manifest it with existing weather patterns. With this then she can use energy from varying sources to create storms and weather phenomena that do not naturally exist. Same might be said for the matter that she controls maybe she might not be restricted to wind, water and electricity but can apply this energy with other forms of matter to create really really wonky weather. Now that sheer amount of versatility and leeway in using her powers would truly be omega.
    Weather is just the natural patterns of energy fluctuation and turbulence of the fluid substances within celestial bodies. Whether it be a moon, planet, star, star system, galaxy, etc. They all contain atmospheres of fluid energy (plasma, gas, liquid) held together by gravity. It is driven by heat which sets energy in motion (kinetic energy).
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

  5. #6650
    Fantastic Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Even with all this potential that she can just do with her mutation, she still needs to be able to survive being hit by a blast capable of shattering a moon or "capable of destroying a million galaxies" or whatever overdramatic explanation is used to explain that person A shot her with a super powerful energy beam.

  6. #6651
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So the question we should be asking is if storms energy manipulation is as vast but her manifestations are limited to weather phenomena. Because I have been wondering if she can control the electromagnetic force then her abilities should be very all encompassing as em force has dominance over observable matter and all physical interactions besides gravity. Buti think though she has complete control over the em field she can manifest it with existing weather patterns. With this then she can use energy from varying sources to create storms and weather phenomena that do not naturally exist. Same might be said for the matter that she controls maybe she might not be restricted to wind, water and electricity but can apply this energy with other forms of matter to create really really wonky weather. Now that sheer amount of versatility and leeway in using her powers would truly be omega.

    we've seen her manipulate energy beyond weather.

    removing power from a ship:




    emps:







    internal attacks:






    these are applications that have nothing to do with wrestler manipulatio and demonstrates how versatile she truly is.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #6652
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    Eric bowing to the goddess after she defeated him in battle... I love to see it!



    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #6653
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Even with all this potential that she can just do with her mutation, she still needs to be able to survive being hit by a blast capable of shattering a moon or "capable of destroying a million galaxies" or whatever overdramatic explanation is used to explain that person A shot her with a super powerful energy beam.
    No different than doom whose armor has been fried many times. Iron man, i mean there are many power houses that dont have defenses ala jean who uses a tk sheild, we saw storm can use lightning sheilds in hickman xmen. Its all about the story and how its written i dont get why people worry about the glass canon crap. Hulk is the strongest there is but when they want him to lose he loses. Not that hard.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  9. #6654
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    7,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No different than doom whose armor has been fried many times. Iron man, i mean there are many power houses that dont have defenses ala jean who uses a tk sheild, we saw storm can use lightning sheilds in hickman xmen. Its all about the story and how its written i dont get why people worry about the glass canon crap. Hulk is the strongest there is but when they want him to lose he loses. Not that hard.
    Yupp.

    It's the same reason why I just don't get into her "unlimited potential to do anything and everything" either. As powerful as she is if the story calls for her to not win a fight, that's the writer's prerogative. And I'm okies with that...once the story is good.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  10. #6655
    Fantastic Member Stormy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think all we can definitively say about galatic core is that she was connected to those energies which for me is more an instantaneous action:




    once that connection is established it would be just like moving a finger as those energies are a part of her.


    however I think you make a good point about moving with good precision at lightning speed though I think we must keep in mind lightning doesn't quite move a light speed from what I recall.

    we saw her connecting to energies on a cosmic scale again in black panther however here we saw it took quite a bit of concentration to do it:


    People a friend of mine was rereading the old X-mens comics, and he saw this moment here in particular of her, at the time we thought she had acquired this ability (astral projection) thanks to Acanti, but what if it was because she connected with the cosmic cradle / Nucléo Galactico. I'm thinking Al Ewing will develop this further, and maybe it's intertwined with what she did in the Coates run.
    06-2.jpg
    Last edited by Stormy; 08-01-2021 at 11:20 AM.

  11. #6656
    Fantastic Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No different than doom whose armor has been fried many times. Iron man, i mean there are many power houses that dont have defenses ala jean who uses a tk sheild, we saw storm can use lightning sheilds in hickman xmen. Its all about the story and how its written i dont get why people worry about the glass canon crap. Hulk is the strongest there is but when they want him to lose he loses. Not that hard.

    But that's just it. People like Doom and Ironman already have a baseline of defense that people would have to overcome in order to defeat them. As you said, winning or losing is based off how the writer wants the story to unfold. In Storm's case however, the fact that she hasn't been sniped out of the sky in the middle of a battle is mind boggling. Even as recently as HiX-Man when she was shot with that techno organic virus, that could have easily been any number of energy beams and fried her on the spot. I'm just applying that type of energy to what and who she may be facing in space.

    I mean yeah Ewing could establish that her natural immunity to the elements grants her the ability to deep dive in cosmic radiation/use cosmic energy with no ill effects. However, if we stick her in a fight with any number of the more established cosmic characters, she'd have to immediately go on the defensive.

    I also would like to read interesting stories but I want the stories to make sense. If she's fighting a person who in canon can go toe to toe with other cosmic powerhouses then you'd have to wonder why they haven't sent Storm's head back to Earth already with a single punch. She doesn't need to be able to tank the Hulk without issue but it would be nice if a well-aimed rock couldn't KO her.

  12. #6657
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    7,487

    Default

    Fact is...she has been "sniped" out of the sky many times. In Days of Future Past is one of the earliest examples.
    She hasn't gone up against any cosmic beings...yet. So we don't know just how her powers would be employed.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  13. #6658
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    People a friend of mine was rereading the old X-mens comics, and he saw this moment here in particular of her, at the time we thought she had acquired this ability (astral projection) thanks to Acanti, but what if it was because she connected with the cosmic cradle / Nucléo Galactico. I'm thinking Al Ewing will develop this further, and maybe it's intertwined with what she did in the Coates run.
    06-2.jpg
    yes I expect Ewing will definitely incorporate the acanti in some fashion.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #6659
    Mighty Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Someone posted about Superhero Squad and it made me nostalgic. Anyone else ever watch this show? What did you think of Storm’s portrayal?

  15. #6660
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    But that's just it. People like Doom and Ironman already have a baseline of defense that people would have to overcome in order to defeat them. As you said, winning or losing is based off how the writer wants the story to unfold. In Storm's case however, the fact that she hasn't been sniped out of the sky in the middle of a battle is mind boggling. Even as recently as HiX-Man when she was shot with that techno organic virus, that could have easily been any number of energy beams and fried her on the spot. I'm just applying that type of energy to what and who she may be facing in space.

    I mean yeah Ewing could establish that her natural immunity to the elements grants her the ability to deep dive in cosmic radiation/use cosmic energy with no ill effects. However, if we stick her in a fight with any number of the more established cosmic characters, she'd have to immediately go on the defensive.

    I also would like to read interesting stories but I want the stories to make sense. If she's fighting a person who in canon can go toe to toe with other cosmic powerhouses then you'd have to wonder why they haven't sent Storm's head back to Earth already with a single punch. She doesn't need to be able to tank the Hulk without issue but it would be nice if a well-aimed rock couldn't KO her.
    elemental shields are the best remedy here.

    ice shields/water barriers, pressure domes, electromagnetism fields all would be appropriate:







    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •