Page 199 of 772 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299699 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ohk y'all I fell like I am noticing something weird going on. Have you noticed that marvel seems to be really pushing the omega title especially a little too hard when it comes to storm. I fell that it is a subtle way to retcon or at least get people to forget about hadari yao. Or I am tripping?

Don't get me wrong storm being marketed as THE omega mutant is great but what about her divinity her lineage is tied to that. Or that is about to conveniently get swept under the rug.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ohk y'all I fell like I am noticing something weird going on. Have you noticed that marvel seems to be really pushing the omega title especially a little too hard when it comes to storm. I fell that it is a subtle way to retcon or at least get people to forget about hadari yao. Or I am tripping?

Don't get me wrong storm being marketed as THE omega mutant is great but what about her divinity her lineage is tied to that. Or that is about to conveniently get swept under the rug.
    nope I don't see it that way at all. this game is non-canon so nothing to be alarmed about. now the next few months will be interesting in terms of what the xoffices do with her but right now its a bit too early to worry even there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Im more than happy to forget about hadari yaoi but that's just me. Worthless prayer title. I prefer if they go goddess route they completelt divorce it from that title which is linked to prayer be and delve into her own connections in Kenya.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post

This is actually how I'd imagine a MCU Storm
    Oh no... Not how I imagine at all...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

nope I don't see it that way at all. this game is non-canon so nothing to be alarmed about. now the next few months will be interesting in terms of what the xoffices do with her but right now its a bit too early to worry even there.
    That's reasonable maybe I was just tripping.

Love the lightning trail as she flies. Very Nice.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Well she is Omega so......

This is the best Storm i've seen in any video game! The use of her powers look so detailed and you can tell they put a lot of work into it so it looks as real as possible. Even the way she flies instead of like other games where when she flies it's just like she's floating while standing. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Well she is Omega so......
    Hell, Omega is pretty much considered God Mode now.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'd be happy is Coates' Hadari nonsense is quite ignored and never mentioned ever again.
    As Jwat suggests, if they're (the X-Office) willing to level-up Storm to Godhood then do so via her innate divine connection to Oshtur, and if not, her Omega-ness can be God Mode enough.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

That's reasonable maybe I was just tripping.
    yes I dont think its anything to be alarmed about. in the giant size issue the imagery of the diadem could be her godhead. also, Hickman has her refer to herself as a goddess so I don't think its going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    This is the best Storm i've seen in any video game! The use of her powers look so detailed and you can tell they put a lot of work into it so it looks as real as possible. Even the way she flies instead of like other games where when she flies it's just like she's floating while standing. Amazing!
    yea it does look pretty good. my only complaint is that its a mobile game I want console lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Hell, Omega is pretty much considered God Mode now.
    it is but as op as omegas can be they are still not true gods. this is the one unique thing about ororo that none of the other omegas can claim.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'd be happy is Coates' Hadari nonsense is quite ignored and never mentioned ever again.
    As Jwat suggests, if they're (the X-Office) willing to level-up Storm to Godhood then do so via her innate divine connection to Oshtur, and if not, her Omega-ness can be God Mode enough.
    Preach. It doesn't even make sense. Your birthright is absorbing the prayers of others. Lmao ���� I cant
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

line its drawn

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Preach. It doesn't even make sense. Your birthright is absorbing the prayers of others. Lmao ���� I cant
    You have to remember her lineage is mystical. Her matriarchal line all possessed the potential to use magic as they were blessed by Oshtur. However, because of Storm also being an omega level mutant she is also the most powerful person in her ancestral line. Her ancestors gave her the gift of godhood by lending their magical and spiritual energies to her. Because she’s worshipped as a Goddess by thousands to millions of people in her country, that energy is able to be absorbed by her. Prayer is energy. Just like magic you’re sending your intent out into the world. Most of the gods in MU are able to use it to gain more strength. So no she wasn’t born a Goddess, she earned it.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    You have to remember her lineage is mystical. Her matriarchal line all possessed the potential to use magic as they were blessed by Oshtur. However, because of Storm also being an omega level mutant she is also the most powerful person in her ancestral line. Her ancestors gave her the gift of godhood by lending their magical and spiritual energies to her. Because she’s worshipped as a Goddess by thousands to millions of people in her country, that energy is able to be absorbed by her. Prayer is energy. Just like magic you’re sending your intent out into the world. Most of the gods in MU are able to use it to gain more strength. So no she wasn’t born a Goddess, she earned it.
    I get all that but I don't want what Coates gave. He literally tried to bury her in wakanda. Storm legacy as a goddess has nothing to do with wakanda and as her people are touted as the first people they predate wakanda. So I don't believe this hadari yaoi stuff. It's canon in wakanda I guess which if they want to worship her too, cool. But ororo is a Kenyan goddess that was born in Harlem.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-10-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.