Page 715 of 772 FirstFirst ... 215615665705711712713714715716717718719725765 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,725 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Human Torch supernovas can destroy planets, or above, at their peak is able to melt/destroy the multiverse, I don't remember very well

Ooh, I had forgotten about that, it would be nice to see Storm deal/resist/hold, several tons of energy coming from a direct attack.

Worst of all it was Claremont who wrote it, I never understood why he made the Storm fall against Thor's kiss...
    Yes he can create an attack called super nova but it can only break a small moon not a planet indicating he and cyclops at their most powerful naturally have the same level of power. He has also reached the plank temperature before but that wasn't him it was an amalgamation of infinite human torches from different universes to get that level of power. Storm in theory should be able to reach that temperature but seeing as she has thermokinesis as part of her omega power set. At plank temperature physics falls apart and the fabric of reality is believed to unwind. At that temperature even reality warping becomes useless as there is technically no reality to warp. Quantum breakdown of matter, energy and physical concepts occurs.

The Thor thing is something I do not think about... It was very sexist and I refuse to believe Chris wrote that willingly. I do however know why he made storm lose, he once wanted to let pheonix fight and beat Thor just to prove how powerful she is but he was immediately **** down by the higher ups at marvel. They didn't want their god of thunder Lossing to a woman as his fans were and still are of a particular mysogynistic sort which is wierd one you consider vikings and how they Revered women.

I discount that encounter and always ready for a rematch.

BANNED

I remembered Uncanny X-men #172. Of course in the old days, no doubt it's different now

Attachment 115990

She can easily hold off Oya's attack, a mutated thermokinetic X-men #528

By the way, it would be nice to see Ororo teaching not only Oya, but other elemental mutants, but it looks like these moments are just for telepaths, lol
    The oya panel still doesn't feel like a fire feat more like a wind feat.

But the first one is definitely a fire feat, she became plasma itself for a moment her hair and her body morphed and changed. I have never seen that interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Attachment 115991

To me this proves storm is fire proof as Legion hit her point blank with fire and while it hurt she wasnt burnt at all.
    Wait do you have a panel after this happened that showed she was ohk. Also which issue this is a very solid feat

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yes he can create an attack called super nova but it can only break a small moon not a planet indicating he and cyclops at their most powerful naturally have the same level of power.
    Well, I don't totally know about it, but I've heard that its power is equivalent to an exploding star:

He has also reached the plank temperature before but that wasn't him it was an amalgamation of infinite human torches from different universes to get that level of power. Storm in theory should be able to reach that temperature but seeing as she has thermokinesis as part of her omega power set. At plank temperature physics falls apart and the fabric of reality is believed to unwind. At that temperature even reality warping becomes useless as there is technically no reality to warp. Quantum breakdown of matter, energy and physical concepts occurs.
    I find it incredible that Storm occupies the center of the thermodynamics table (it reminds me of a moment in the issue X-men #377), with the potential to reach the extremes between the two temperatures, both with different effects, but which can cause enormous destructive power.

The Thor thing is something I do not think about... It was very sexist and I refuse to believe Chris wrote that willingly. I do however know why he made storm lose, he once wanted to let pheonix fight and beat Thor just to prove how powerful she is but he was immediately **** down by the higher ups at marvel. They didn't want their god of thunder Lossing to a woman as his fans were and still are of a particular mysogynistic sort which is wierd one you consider vikings and how they Revered women.

I discount that encounter and always ready for a rematch.
    I would love to see Storm accomplish this feat, where Thor says Ororo's power over the cold can bring down the ice giants!

Attachment 115993

In a current battle between the two, Storm would win because she has more willpower and control over the weather elements, but in a head-to-head confrontation, I think she would lose, not because she's weak, but because she needs more "superhuman" moments, she is a Goddess, should have, lol.

The oya panel still doesn't feel like a fire feat more like a wind feat.

But the first one is definitely a fire feat, she became plasma itself for a moment her hair and her body morphed and changed. I have never seen that interesting.
    It depends on the interpretation of each one, I find it more interesting to use the element itself, and thus fold it.

About the sweep of Storm's body in flames, if it weren't for Yukio having thrown the Ororo into the sea, she would have probably died, very interesting that the flames are also phoenix-shaped ..

BANNED

Well, I don't totally know about it, but I've heard that its power is equivalent to an exploding star:

I find it incredible that Storm occupies the center of the thermodynamics table (it reminds me of a moment in the issue X-men #377), with the potential to reach the extremes between the two temperatures, both with different effects, but which can cause enormous destructive power.

I would love to see Storm accomplish this feat, where Thor says Ororo's power over the cold can bring down the ice giants!

Attachment 115993

In a current battle between the two, Storm would win because she has more willpower and control over the weather elements, but in a head-to-head confrontation, I think she would lose, not because she's weak, but because she needs more "superhuman" moments, she is a Goddess, should have, lol.

It depends on the interpretation of each one, I find it more interesting to use the element itself, and thus fold it.

About the sweep of Storm's body in flames, if it weren't for Yukio having thrown the Ororo into the sea, she would have probably died, very interesting that the flames are also phoenix-shaped ..
    Yh he also says hus most devastating attack can break a small moon. Exploding star is the name of his ultimate attack like in an anime.

Now with the Thor storm situation in terms of sheer elemental power yh storm should beat him easily, and if storm is really the incarnation of osthur the being that has transcended godhood itself, then yh she vastly outclasses him it's not even funny.
    Ps: I have been doing a little digging and I think Coates was about to establish that Ororo was the physical manifestation of the omnipotent oshtur herself, but was disrupted.
    But in terms of combat prowess and superhuman attributes yh he hopelessly defeats her. The problem is that many Thor fans are very rabid and very mysogynistic they literally hate on Jane because she was better at being Thor than... well..Thor. there is no way in heaven or hell that storm would beat him for them to conceede that it was won without pis involved. So in my mind this is a battle that I don't really care for.

I don't get what apocalypse was saying can you explain.

Yh claremont did say that storms true potential and raw power rivaled and equals that of the pheonix, only that jean with the pheonix could maintain higher bursts and could peak higher more frequently and easily.

BANNED

But yh in theory storm should have absolute power over the temperature extremes and manipulate thermodynamics of the universe itself. This would give her power over entropy which is the heat death of the universe and plank or higher where reality goes to die proppably.

She should be able to manipulate antimatter from thunderstorms and cosmic phenomena.

BANNED

Also fun fact osthur is the creator and mother of angels in the marvel universe.
    She also created the entire astral plane as her temple.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-04-2021 at 04:00 PM.

... anybody think that a Storm-centered, holiday-themed (kwanzaa?) one-shot is controversial?

I ask because a facebook group admin apparently deleted a comment I made regarding a very cool "santa Storm" drawing that Marcus Williams did.

Yh he also says hus most devastating attack can break a small moon. Exploding star is the name of his ultimate attack like in an anime.

Now with the Thor storm situation in terms of sheer elemental power yh storm should beat him easily, and if storm is really the incarnation of osthur the being that has transcended godhood itself, then yh she vastly outclasses him it's not even funny.
    Ps: I have been doing a little digging and I think Coates was about to establish that Ororo was the physical manifestation of the omnipotent oshtur herself, but was disrupted.
    But in terms of combat prowess and superhuman attributes yh he hopelessly defeats her. The problem is that many Thor fans are very rabid and very mysogynistic they literally hate on Jane because she was better at being Thor than... well..Thor. there is no way in heaven or hell that storm would beat him for them to conceede that it was won without pis involved. So in my mind this is a battle that I don't really care for.

I don't get what apocalypse was saying can you explain.

Yh claremont did say that storms true potential and raw power rivaled and equals that of the pheonix, only that jean with the pheonix could maintain higher bursts and could peak higher more frequently and easily.
    The Apocalypse had a plan to become a "God" using the Celestial Circuit -- A highly advanced arcane machine created by the ancient race of divine beings known as the Celestials . They were ancient, even when the planet Earth was young and resembled a disk-shaped device with one of these devices left in the homeworld of the Humansrace. It contained at least twelve null orbs capable of containing a living being and nullifying its superpowers. The circuit originally contained a powerful energy source although the machine left on Earth was deprived of this energy.

The Twelve of Power and even spread the rumor of their existence in order to prepare for the day that he would use them to bring about his own ascension. Eleven of these Alpha-Mutants were to channel their energies through a twelfth. This act was believed to bring about his godhood to a level of omnipotence beyond that of Dark Phoenix or Onslaught and possibly beyond that of the Celestials themselves where he would remake the cosmos in his image.

As a way of activating the machine, each one acts according to its changing power, generating a powerful source of energy.

==========================================

Could you explain this theory of yours, of Storm being the incarnation of Oshtur? I found it interesting, like Wiccan?

BANNED

The Apocalypse had a plan to become a "God" using the Celestial Circuit -- A highly advanced arcane machine created by the ancient race of divine beings known as the Celestials . They were ancient, even when the planet Earth was young and resembled a disk-shaped device with one of these devices left in the homeworld of the Humansrace. It contained at least twelve null orbs capable of containing a living being and nullifying its superpowers. The circuit originally contained a powerful energy source although the machine left on Earth was deprived of this energy.

The Twelve of Power and even spread the rumor of their existence in order to prepare for the day that he would use them to bring about his own ascension. Eleven of these Alpha-Mutants were to channel their energies through a twelfth. This act was believed to bring about his godhood to a level of omnipotence beyond that of Dark Phoenix or Onslaught and possibly beyond that of the Celestials themselves where he would remake the cosmos in his image.

As a way of activating the machine, each one acts according to its changing power, generating a powerful source of energy.

==========================================

Could you explain this theory of yours, of Storm being the incarnation of Oshtur? I found it interesting, like Wiccan?
    definitely like wiccan osthur is but something more as storm literally becomes the bright lady herself. I believe hadari yao and osthur are the same entity with different names. Now I know this sounds crazy, but Hadari yao is the walker of clouds and the goddess who preserves the balance between all natural things. Oshtur is the grey goddess of balance and the lady of the air and the goddess of the skies. There was a hint that in ororo's bloodline there are women who are called windriders who have white hair, blue eyes and immense magical potential, we even saw this ancestor once defending her village from invaders. Storm is one of such women but she is more as she tapped into the very essence of the blessing and for a very brief moment became the bright lady when the wakandans believed in her.
    She is a bigger god than adversary a fact tachala was very certain of, they also talk of a greater and higher power when referring to her as though bast herself is not enough. She also sates that she replaced all the orishas which is I think means more than is let on..

But the thing that really made me really believe that they are the same person is the fact that osthur and Hadari yao both get more powerful with more worshipers.
    Osthur in particular is the true power of the vishanti being the absolute source of white magic in the entire marvel universe. She is invoked by other magical practitioners for a boost in the magical power of a spell in particular. Osthur has also been known to appear as a woman with white hair and blue eyes similar to storm and her ancestors in appearance indicating some genetic link. I am still doing research but soo far this is what I have been able to gather. And from this I believe this was something Coates was trying to fully establish cementing storms true importance in the marvel universe as the deity she always has been and answering the questions that has been surrounding her this whole time.

BANNED

definitely like wiccan osthur is but something more as storm literally becomes the bright lady herself. I believe hadari yao and osthur are the same entity with different names. Now I know this sounds crazy, but Hadari yao is the walker of clouds and the goddess who preserves the balance between all natural things. Oshtur is the grey goddess of balance and the lady of the air and the goddess of the skies. There was a hint that in ororo's bloodline there are women who are called windriders who have white hair, blue eyes and immense magical potential, we even saw this ancestor once defending her village from invaders. Storm is one of such women but she is more as she tapped into the very essence of the blessing and for a very brief moment became the bright lady when the wakandans believed in her.
    She is a bigger god than adversary a fact tachala was very certain of, they also talk of a greater and higher power when referring to her as though bast herself is not enough. She also sates that she replaced all the orishas which is I think means more than is let on..

But the thing that really made me really believe that they are the same person is the fact that osthur and Hadari yao both get more powerful with more worshipers.
    Osthur in particular is the true power of the vishanti being the absolute source of white magic in the entire marvel universe. She is invoked by other magical practitioners for a boost in the magical power of a spell in particular. Osthur has also been known to appear as a woman with white hair and blue eyes similar to storm and her ancestors in appearance indicating some genetic link. I am still doing research but soo far this is what I have been able to gather. And from this I believe this was something Coates was trying to fully establish cementing storms true importance in the marvel universe as the deity she always has been and answering the questions that has been surrounding her this whole time.
    The Adversary trapped Storm and Forge in another dimension.

There Storm tried to summon the Bright Lady. She couldn’t, as in this new world the Adversary created she was meant to be the Bright Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm disagrees:

I think that perhaps the writer wanted us to believe torch could take her out with such a tactic but I like to believe it was him being delusional and trying to grapple with the fact storm bested him.
    and the fact that fire needs oxygen to survive so I think Storm could've handled him

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    and the fact that fire needs oxygen to survive so I think Storm could've handled him
    Right. Plus. throughout that entire fight Storm chose not to use lightning, which would have dropped Johnny on the 1st panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Adversary trapped Storm and Forge in another dimension.

There Storm tried to summon the Bright Lady. She couldn’t, as in this new world the Adversary created she was meant to be the Bright Lady.
    This is oshtur appearing to a worshiper and she looks very much like Ororo
    Attachment 115997
    I need more evidence to solidify my theory but right now everything I have gathered on osthur has been very scant. But I just finished reading the marvel tarot and in it there is a statement that stars that oshtur was likely the one who created the spirit behind ghost rider who was later corrupted by chthon.
    Also tarn the uncaring comment about Ororo being from amneth made me start looking into the eldritch terrors in marvel and it looks like haggoth another member of osthur's divine trinity is an old one aka an eldritch god. Amneth is the home of eldritch terrors and gods. We already know that Ayesha was the sorceress supreme of her era from agamotto another part of the vishanti who is the father of Atlantis.

This would make Chris Claremont statement about storm being a third dimensional goddess seem not soo crazy as her godhead is an amalgamation of these three divine benevolent sources.

This is why I wish they dive deep into her ancestry and the legacy of the wind riders and the bright lady. It has soo much lore potential it's crazy. But as usual we have rehashed plots with charachters with tortured past yaaawwwwwwnnnn.

Real question. Who was the last person to ascend to God hood?
    Aside from Doom.

Very honestly Storm being a literal born goddess human to ascension is like a whole thing on its own.
    Which is why I was mad Magma got Selene as her rouge.