Page 578 of 772 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And considering how they "treat" her in comparison to Batman and Superman, she really is a part of the Trinity in theory only. She has one book, two movies, one TV series (in the late 70's)...Batman and Superman have how many?
    That "Leading Lady" thing is empty BS. We as her fans iconify her more than DC has ever done.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I agree that the whole "leading lady" thing seems kinda antiquated and it often doesn't do the character too many favors. Looking at Wonder Woman, sure she consistently has a comic coming out but that didn't stop DC from switching creative teams every 5 seconds. Sure she got put at the forefront of Death Metal, but that story wasn't really about her at the end of the day so she was mainly a prop.

As long as good Storm stories are coming out I'll be happy.
    Pretty much where I'm at.

Same here. I don't need Storm to be Marvel's Leading Lady. Carol might be their It-girl and her books and stories are not "moving any needles". So...yes give me good Storm stories and characterisation and keep the empty accolades.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same here. I don't need Storm to be Marvel's Leading Lady. Carol might be their It-girl and her books and stories are not "moving any needles". So...yes give me good Storm stories and characterisation and keep the empty accolades.
    A well written Storm who uses her powers and abilities intelligently...that's all I'm looking for.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Exactatiously.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A well written Storm who uses her powers and abilities intelligently...that's all I'm looking for.
    I'm hoping Ewing holds true to his word -

I’m thinking up new weather stunts for Storm daily and taking suggestions from other X-Office members on cool things she can do with her powers. (And some old classics — I do enjoy the occasional judiciously applied bolt of lightning.) I want to stress that I am writing a very powerful version of Storm, with the goddess cred she got from the Black Panther run.....
    With any luck we're going to see not only some powerful feats but also things that make it obvious that Storm had to think in very precise terms about what she was doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It’s absurd to even think Marvel has to have a leading lady or that it does. Captain Marvel was simply the first character female character at Marvel to get her own movie.

That doesn’t make her a leading lady.

Some people just want their favourite characters to always be the center of everything. Whatever. These characters are owned by Marvel and they will do with them what they want.
    Marvel doesn't have to have a leading lady but unfortunately they do and it's reminiscent of whom they push commercially. Many say that storm doesn't have solos because they start doing well in sales then drop of yet captain marvel had books being pumped out even when the sales were abysmal at best. To ignore the fact that the industry plays favorites with certain charachters is simply choosing to ignore reality.
    Wanda before getting her own show wasn't given the sane leeway as carol infact she messed up again royally in the comics and the writer's for years have been assassinating her charachter left and right till they literally killed her off.
    She didn't get the carol treatment.... Why? Could it be that wanda is not as beloved amongst the marvel writer's as carol? Well that's a question for the gods.

All I am saying is that marvel doesn't try with storm point blank period. We are getting solos of Logan coming out next year about his perspective on the whole krakoa situation meanwhile the literal regent of Sol is featuring in a book that can not realeases an issue in over two months a times. The premise of storm being with an entire planet of war hungry mutants and trying to establish intergalactic diplomacy whilst demonstrating she is a force to be reckoned with is much more interesting than what most books have to offer... But guess what we gonna get possible three solos for a clawed animal themed mutant with anger issues. But alas it is what it is.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Would i love for her to have a solo ongoing comic and movie? Yes.

However, I think I'm more concerned with her getting proper treatment whenever she is featured. Meaning NO lightning lass and more Hadari Yao. Please and thank you.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'm hoping Ewing holds true to his word -

With any luck we're going to see not only some powerful feats but also things that make it obvious that Storm had to think in very precise terms about what she was doing.
    I am not sure why Ewing is turning to other x office members for ideas for powers though. That's the worst thing he could do. If it ain't lightning that's ineffective or wind that barely gushes, they have nothing to contribute purely going off what they've done in the past. He's better served doing his own research cause I don't know what they can bring to the table.

I'm really excited by the political implications of being a Regent of Sol though. Let's hope the development survives the line wide revamp in January. It's something that I would like see last for at least two years minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I am not sure why Ewing is turning to other x office members for ideas for powers though. That's the worst thing he could do. If it ain't lightning that's ineffective or wind that barely gushes, they have nothing to contribute purely going off what they've done in the past. He's better served doing his own research cause I don't know what they can bring to the table.

I'm really excited by the political implications of being a Regent of Sol though. Let's hope the development survives the line wide revamp in January. It's something that I would like see last for at least two years minimum.
    Ewing did some amazing things with Monica and Blue Marvel in the Ultimates so im very much encouraged he will do the same with Ororo especially seeing he mentioned he will continue with the goddess storyline Coates developed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It is interesting how many of us want good storm stories when there is an entire claremont run worth of stories to go read.
    It's also interesting how certain people all of a sudden up in arms against the idea of a leading lady and that possibly being storm. I know damm well that if anyone here had stated that they wanted storm to be the regent of Sol before such a concept was announced these people would complain about how that's unrealistic and not what storm is.

Well I am sorry, but storm's creator did not envision her playing second fiddle to anyone. Cockrum designed the goddess to be not only the most powerful but the most beautiful woman in all of comics. He envisioned her with so much strength of charachter that at her most desolate she was easily best pick for leader of the xmen. So when it comes to storm the sky isn't the limit as she said there is no limits for her. I would like y'all to internalize that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Would i love for her to have a solo ongoing comic and movie? Yes.

However, I think I'm more concerned with her getting proper treatment whenever she is featured. Meaning NO lightning lass and more Hadari Yao. Please and thank you.
    We don't know who that is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A well written storm is storm.... A poorly written storm is counterfeit blasphemy. I don't know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    We don't know who that is.
    we sure as heck dont lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post

Hmm you know when he said he was thing weather stuff daily I was excited.. then I read then rest then I practically lost hope. I mean who is he going to ask Duggan? JD White? Up till some months ago though storm could only control wind and lightning. Who, Hickman? Well he made her do something insane in his book. Maybe Leah, Tini and the hellions guy they seem to be the most creative when it comes to mutant abilities.