Page 286 of 772 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol right. full god mode i would say the only one was when she fought adversary oh and then that time when she fought that bug in Shuri's book. are these the two you are talking about?
    Yes that all I can think of and they were both underwhelming lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    Yes that all I can think of and they were both underwhelming lol
    shuri yes I agree but you thought adversary was underwhelming? why lol

oh and tomorrow ain't looking good for us
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

shuri yes I agree but you thought adversary was underwhelming? why lol

oh and tomorrow ain't looking good for us
    It’s was just a one shot and done wasn’t even a fight so we didn’t get to see all she could do beside shoot pink lightning LOL just felt like lighting lass on steroids just need more is all and I know black panther is dud no hadariyao tomorrow sad face.

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    It’s was just a one shot and done wasn’t even a fight so we didn’t get to see all she could do beside shoot pink lightning LOL just felt like lighting lass on steroids just need more is all and I know black panther is dud no hadariyao tomorrow sad face.

I get you. for me I thought it was impressive considering in canon how powerful adversary is and because it was a one shot. yes I'm sad about that too but honestly we shouldn't be looking to get out storm fix from black panther. its shameful storm fans were ever put in that situation to begin with.

in other breaking news

spoilers:
    hickmans new book is not a solo or even storm led book. these big plans are starting to seem more like a dud
    end of spoilers
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I get you. for me I thought it was impressive considering in canon how powerful adversary is and because it was a one shot. yes I'm sad about that too but honestly we shouldn't be looking to get out storm fix from black panther. its shameful storm fans were ever put in that situation to begin with.

in other breaking news

spoilers:
    hickmans new book is not a solo or even storm led book. these big plans are starting to seem more like a dud
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, just saw that too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yeah, just saw that too.
    hahaha.... well

spoilers:
    its becoming more likely she will be in sword which i think al will do good things but I was hoping they were going BIG with these plans
    end of spoilers

hahaha.... well

spoilers:
    its becoming more likely she will be in sword which i think al will do good things but I was hoping they were going BIG with these plans
    end of spoilers
    Ugh ! They are just killing me with the wait. And the lack of solid news. I’m still excited and invested because these covers, gala preview and the lead up to this new role has been good. BUT....I’m dying on the vine here...

Spectacular Member

in other breaking news

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Honestly Butters, yall shouldnt have to feel that way in terms of getting your Ro fix. I as a BP fan welcome her appearance in the book i mean at this point i expect her to show up but yeah she does need a book of her own but also the problem is who would be willing to write it and actually give her character a chance and see her character as worth the hassle. It's a waste and i know better than to think the X side of the Marvel HQ would pull the trigger, ive been saying this since i showed up though to not get yall hopes up because these cats know how to get your engine running but I'm on E ovah here. Point being, then only thing you can do is hope for a potential solo series but hope is pretty pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Ugh ! They are just killing me with the wait. And the lack of solid news. I’m still excited and invested because these covers, gala preview and the lead up to this new role has been good. BUT....I’m dying on the vine here...

I think there will be solid news on Hickman's book tomorrow. I'm glad you still are invested beloved. I'm hoping it rises to the hype they have been building for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Honestly Butters, yall shouldnt have to feel that way in terms of getting your Ro fix. I as a BP fan welcome her appearance in the book i mean at this point i expect her to show up but yeah she does need a book of her own but also the problem is who would be willing to write it and actually give her character a chance and see her character as worth the hassle. It's a waste and i know better than to think the X side of the Marvel HQ would pull the trigger, ive been saying this since i showed up though to not get yall hopes up because these cats know how to get your engine running but I'm on E ovah here. Point being, then only thing you can do is hope for a potential solo series but hope is pretty pointless.
    You are absolutely right. don't get me wrong I love bp and ororo together I really do but I'm just exhausted with the criticism the man receives from some storm fans and im thankful he can no longer be used as a scapegoat for what the xoffices are not doing with the character. we know what Coates has done for her and considering this i think he handled her exceptionally but the fact that some fans still cling to what he was doing in BP is a strong indication of what is lacking in the xbooks. we are what 2 years into the hickman era and I still don't know what direction they are going with this character. nevertheless, you are right that having hope is pointless when it concerns the xoffice. I do like the idea that she could be written by Ewing but honestly that still doesn't feel big enough for me and I'm tired of continually doing the wait and see thingy storm fans are constantly doing so count me as spent and over it. I won't change until they do a bit more showing than telling.

BANNED

in other breaking news

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Well that is shocking! Shocking I tell you.......=_==_==_==_=

hahaha.... well

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I mean they did advertise it in that way. But oh well at least we know this can do her justice.

I think there will be solid news on Hickman's book tomorrow. I'm glad you still are invested beloved. I'm hoping it rises to the hype they have been building for you!!

You are absolutely right. don't get me wrong I love bp and ororo together I really do but I'm just exhausted with the criticism the man receives from some storm fans and im thankful he can no longer be used as a scapegoat for what the xoffices are not doing with the character. we know what Coates has done for her and considering this i think he handled her exceptionally but the fact that some fans still cling to what he was doing in BP is a strong indication of what is lacking in the xbooks. we are what 2 years into the hickman era and I still don't know what direction they are going with this character. nevertheless, you are right that having hope is pointless when it concerns the xoffice. I do like the idea that she could be written by Ewing but honestly that still doesn't feel big enough for me and I'm tired of continually doing the wait and see thingy storm fans are constantly doing so count me as spent and over it. I won't change until they do a bit more showing than telling.
    What is sad is that aside some black writer's no marvel wryer seems to want to take on storm in a way that honours who she is. It feels like until the next claremont comes we won't get this done ad we want. Her last solo though it had some powerful charachter moments it also had some very foolish ones. I mean if only the BP writers will even acknowledge her due then why fight them. They are doing what the xoffice won't do.... Whilst we get wolverine's 50th solo for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    What is sad is that aside some black writer's no marvel wryer seems to want to take on storm in a way that honours who she is. It feels like until the next claremont comes we won't get this done ad we want. Her last solo though it had some powerful charachter moments it also had some very foolish ones. I mean if only the BP writers will even acknowledge her due then why fight them. They are doing what the xoffice won't do.... Whilst we get wolverine's 50th solo for some strange reason.
    it is very sad. I personally feel ororo is one of those characters the xoffice like around for her name/nostalgic/diversity purposes but beyond that there is no real push to center stories around her. even now, as it has been since the 90s, the stories center around the Xavier/Magneto and/or summers/grey clan. Wolverine fits nicely there if course because of the whole redhead fascination. so i don't know why we know very little more about storm her family outside the xmen, etc. since her marriage ended. I'm certain this could be said of some of the other main xmen characters. all we see is that she is obsessed with beung a mutant and xmen. she doesn't care to learn about her maternal/paternal family (past or present), she certainly doesn't care about her African American roots and/culture. No its all about being a mutant. Its beyond old and writing her as such makes her so one-dimensional. What fkrge told her so many years ago still ring true for how she is characterized by the xoffices and unfortunately that doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon.

BANNED

it is very sad. I personally feel ororo is one of those characters the xoffice like around for her name/nostalgic/diversity purposes but beyond that there is no real push to center stories around her. even now, as it has been since the 90s, the stories center around the Xavier/Magneto and/or summers/grey clan. Wolverine fits nicely there if course because of the whole redhead fascination. so i don't know why we know very little more about storm her family outside the xmen, etc. since her marriage ended. I'm certain this could be said of some of the other main xmen characters. all we see is that she is obsessed with beung a mutant and xmen. she doesn't care to learn about her maternal/paternal family (past or present), she certainly doesn't care about her African American roots and/culture. No its all about being a mutant. Its beyond old and writing her as such makes her so one-dimensional. What fkrge told her so many years ago still ring true for how she is characterized by the xoffices and unfortunately that doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon.

I don't know about y'all but I never quite cared for the big plans they were talking about. Unless I see it in action I won't believe it. But what hurts is that many of our fellow storm fans thought that this was going to change but ultimately it won't. Xavier/magneto dynamic being centered I get but the summers/grey clan is what baffles me. Like seriously how? They pushed this wired random narrative that cyclops is special whilst his more amazing brothers were right there one being a freaking omega. Jean too I love her but like what is happening aside the x-men red she has been relegated to pre pheonix era. The more interesting summers Rachel has been demoted from omega.
    But storms lack of exploration by the xoffice is a strange thing their most popular female charachter and second most popular charachter you would think would get some love but she just feels like she is there to be there. I said previously that I believe storm is being given these accolades to appease her fans oh she is QC member, oh she is badass, oh she is the most powerful knull avatar..... And I am like ohk if she is this awesome show it not tell it. But her purpose there is to mitigate backlash for no inclusion ultimately just like most if not all poc charachters. If claremont don't love storm soo much I don't think she would have been as iconic as she is today.

hahha oh wow just read bp 25. hot ghetto mess comes to mind. lolz. ok see ya in sept just had to get that out. lmao. oh and inferno in the fall. oooooooooh xmen 20 was good.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-26-2021 at 04:47 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

hahaha.... well

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    At this point I need them to CONFIRM that she's joining SWORD and being written by Ewing, cause I can't trust the X-Office for sh*t.
    end of spoilers

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In the promo for Reign of X there's Storm holding a Mysterium tetrahedron which SWORD has been mining and is out in space where Storm is setting her eyes so...why would anyone think she'd be starring/leading in HiX-Man's unreleased book in September?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!