Page 610 of 772 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620660710 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 11576

I dont know why but i always get so uncomfortable at the idea of real heros fighting each other which makes my mind not able to go there. Like i don't see Storm or Invisible Woman going all out on each other or Jean and Storm or Jean/Sue so it really makes it hard for me to conceptualize these battles as i just don't think they wold go for it so it depends on the writer at that point but i never got why writers want heroes to fight each other, i've always thought true heroes would find some level to understand each other and so it it would never really come to fist a cups. Heroes should be kind, even anti heros express kindness in their own way, mercy kills vs long painful ones. Kind people don't find for themselves they fight for others.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-25-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    oh wow that is very impressive showing for electro. thanks boo.

it would be nice to see some different application of her powers that extend beyond the normal weather displays. that showing from electro is something that should totally be under Ororo's powerset.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Yes, that makes sense.

I would argue, that depends on how much she can directly control the electric currents she creates, in order to not only produce an electro-magnetic field in first place, but also focus it enough to make said field strong enough that it can repell objects.

However if she can do such a feat (which i guess she can given what people here have discussed in circles), it should still come at a much greater expense of mental focus and "power" than when Magneto and people with powers like his can do, since they can manipulate the magnetic fields directly without requiring the extra steps Storm would need.

It's like the difference between having a calculator programm on a computer and having a programm on a computer in which someone can simulate a calculator. Yes the later can still perfom the same feat as the former, but the former does it easier (and better) and with much less power being consumed.

On a side note. These thoughts are pretty much why, as i previously mentioned, i keep thinking of how she could look as a boss fight in a X-men action video game. At least when it's supposed to display her at the extend of her powers her comic counterpart has. Because it would be the only way to actualy display it all in the bombastic imagery.

As player character she would have to be heavily nerfed and her powers simplified, at which point one could just aswell use a less extensive powered character. But as boss she could turn an arena into a massive fields of hazards and attacks, while requiring strategy to be taken down.

As player character i feel the only type of game which could fullfill the above would be a strategy RPG ala Super Robot Wars, where the big power displays could appear as map attacks.

But that's just two random cents of mine.
    But that's the thing she can manipulate magnetic fields directly. In her solo she parted the ozone layer and the magnetic fields that shield the planet directly. She did this to vaporize the tidal wave that was going to destroy a bridge filled with people.

The oversimplification of storms powers are an insult to the charachter.... Her weather manipulation ability is as intricate and complex as storm herself. A true reflection of who she really is.its adaptive versatile and above all night unstoppable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh wow that is very impressive showing for electro. thanks boo.

it would be nice to see some different application of her powers that extend beyond the normal weather displays. that showing from electro is something that should totally be under Ororo's powerset.
    All elements except inert gases are naturally charged if we are really going by what electro just displayed storm and electro must be able to extend this ability to not only carbon but other elements in the environment to create substances.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    All elements except inert gases are naturally charged if we are really going by what electro just displayed storm and electro must be able to extend this ability to not only carbon but other elements in the environment to create substances.
    got it. I would love for storm to carbonized the air in a way that her opponents were being attacked or immobilized similar to sue. as long as storm has been around it us a shame we haven't seen more stuff like this from her. just lightning mostly like wtf?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It should also be noted that Electro used carbon because that element is naturally available in the air, if you use electricity to break down CO2 once you free the oxygen you are left with with the carbon to build solid structures
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-25-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

Alright you Storm Fanatics, What are the top 2 or 3 Storm stories? And why do you like those particular stories? I just want what each of you believe is the best of the best. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    got it. I would love for storm to carbonized the air in a way that her opponents were being attacked or immobilized similar to sue. as long as storm has been around it us a shame we haven't seen more stuff like this from her. just lightning mostly like wtf?
    Probably it’s much faster and safer to just freeze people in place by turning water into ice
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Alright you Storm Fanatics, What are the top 2 or 3 Storm stories? And why do you like those particular stories? I just want what each of you believe is the best of the best. Thanks in advance!
    The best Storm story for me is the next one yet to come but if I were to suggest a mini you should have fun reading X-Men: worlds apart

My top three are Storm and Jean going into the subway and Storm thinking jean read her mind but she didn't on purpose it was just such a visceral thought. For me it was a story i felt would connect them forever and a very human one.

Rogue Storm, it was all Storm's power and she could have transcended in that moment but thinking of Jean forced her to pull back. I think those emotions still limit storm to this day and the reason she hasn't gone full goddess or even truly explores that side is because Storm is more afraid of losing her humanity or what she thinks of as humanity than she is claustrophobic. So it is a defining issue in how i interpret Storm.

The third is Operation Zero tolerance. For me that was one of the stories that showed the x-men are family first and the Scott/JEan/Ororo moments still have a fond place for me to this day. i was glued.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My top three are Storm and Jean going into the subway and Storm thinking jean read her mind but she didn't on purpose it was just such a visceral thought. For me it was a story i felt would connect them forever and a very human one.

Rogue Storm, it was all Storm's power and she could have transcended in that moment but thinking of Jean forced her to pull back. I think those emotions still limit storm to this day and the reason she hasn't gone full goddess or even truly explores that side is because Storm is more afraid of losing her humanity or what she thinks of as humanity than she is claustrophobic. So it is a defining issue in how i interpret Storm.

The third is Operation Zero tolerance. For me that was one of the stories that showed the x-men are family first and the Scott/JEan/Ororo moments still have a fond place for me to this day. i was glued.
    Is the 1st one an actually Storm story or just a scene in part of an issue?

Is the 1st one an actually Storm story or just a scene in part of an issue?
    That was the story. It was in one of the X-men visionaries, i think # 2 but don't hold me to it. I love little side stories like that. The entire story was them being out hanging and Jean getting mugged and heading into the subway and Storm was too scared to follow her which Jean was like "girl, what happened." It is honestly one of my favorite moments to this day. i just really have a fondness for stories like that it was for me relationship definining between Jean/Storm.

The most excellent storm stories now that i think about it are one of one interactions like her and magneto when they were on the bridge and magneto save those people all because of Storm and they had the convo about how she was worshipped as a goddess and didn't need to deal with the crap of most mutants but chose to.

The whole Gambit/Storm claremont run, going back and reading it i just loved it. But then Storm has had a lot of one on one moments with people. Snowball fight with Bishop, Floating candles with cable after they thought she died.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-25-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Also if you like intimate and personal stories this is a classic

Collects Uncanny X-Men #186, #198, #205, #214 & material from X-Men (1963) #53.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Also if you like intimate and personal stories this is a classic

Collects Uncanny X-Men #186, #198, #205, #214 & material from X-Men (1963) #53.
    Of course this is also a fave. I recently reread this on my xmen dvd. Just amount of grace and strength storm had through it. Fighting the demons while not having powers up to that rumble of thunder while kissing Forge and her being afraid to accept her powers because she finally was able to be just a woman. To this day i think i n some dimension that world her and forge escaped is now thriving and i've been lowkey waiting for a writer to reexplore that. Storm brought life to that still world imo mind canon that still exists in some way and i like to think claremont would have shown us one day what Storm and Forge created on that world when they left.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Of course this is also a fave. I recently reread this on my xmen dvd. Just amount of grace and strength storm had through it. Fighting the demons while not having powers up to that rumble of thunder while kissing Forge and her being afraid to accept her powers because she finally was able to be just a woman. To this day i think i n some dimension that world her and forge escaped is now thriving and i've been lowkey waiting for a writer to reexplore that. Storm brought life to that still world imo mind canon that still exists in some way and i like to think claremont would have shown us one day what Storm and Forge created on that world when they left.
    Once I imagined a solo book about Ororo fighting to save the planet from human greed, eco crimes and humanitarian crisis, I imagined her “fortress of solitude” could be a pocket dimension of wild beauty and unspoiled nature