Page 252 of 772 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 11576
    Extraordinary Member

On another note.Do we know which book will storm be in now that she has left marauders

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    As Knull stated storm was his most powerful avatar and hulk was possessed by him as well.

Hulk hasn't a chance based upon the analysis of knull god himself.
    Ohk so I think we take knull's statement as in the here and now. Which it is but remember re is not just a god he is primordial he would have access to certain things and parts of storm and her power that even she is not aware of. I think when he said that he meant her potential which is well limitless not only because of the omega but because she is also a god. But lately hulk well if we thought he was op before he is practically unbeatable now. That is ohk that is good Al Ewing has developed him and his power to that state now but Duggan won't be allowed to say she is the omegas omega if she didn't have something that inherently puts her above them.

I was debating some people and they said she being the strongest omega is not possible. And truly based on her feats though greater than a lot of omegas it certainly doesn't make her the omega amongst them. Like Duggan literally stated that she storm is beyond omega the only charachter to get this moniker in the new x-men era. These beyond omega charachters are universal to multiversal threats. I hope what they mean people would talk about storm it alludes to what they do pertaining that.

Because when knull said what he said, thor had just defeated galactus and a multiversal storm, Dr strange had his classic Dr strange powers, Hulk was there with all his latest development along with most of the heroes. I mean he killed sentry no problem didn't even acknowledge him and his might but with storm he said something little light. I believe he refers to the beyond omega power within her that she has to grow and nurture. Also haven't you noticed professor X is a bit weird towards storm in all of dawn of x he hasn't demonstrated this attitude to any omega. He was extremely confident about storms power that he believed she alone could take knull down that when all the heroes fell he still kept going only pausing and frowning when storm was taking off the board. Again I think this alludes to her latent potential to surpass omega something that is practically impossible.

The omega class denotes power so vast it's incalculable. The truth is that no omega mutant doesn't have limits to their power it's just that the limits well can't be surpassed because of how vast it is. It's practically impossible to pass something that close to infinity. But I think this means storm is the only mutant that has true infinite power and that's what Duggans statement alludes to.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 05-10-2021 at 05:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    On another note.Do we know which book will storm be in now that she has left marauders
    We don't know some are speculating sword due to the mysterum and it's ties to storm others are saying hickman's book. I mean he and JD White were raving about how storm is going to be the it girl in this era. So we are waiting.

Honestly anyone can beat anyone. I've read immortal hulk and he isn't so all powerful that he doesn't keep getting killed. I mean sure he can come back but some of the things that have killed him Storm or many others could do with a powerful hurricane created inside his heart and then expanding outwards. Or Hulk could fall on Storm and kill her. in the end it really doesn't matter because anyone can write anyone beating anyone at anytime and it's as believable as people want to believe.

As for what's i don't know. I like the idea of Sword but i'm holding out for something more. I want to see Hickman tackle the stuff that was in Mystic Arcana and i think Storm would fit in that world perfectly but then i like the idea of space too but sword has a big cast so i'm not sure how much focused story can be there for storm but that's not to say there isn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly anyone can beat anyone. I've read immortal hulk and he isn't so all powerful that he doesn't keep getting killed. I mean sure he can come back but some of the things that have killed him Storm or many others could do with a powerful hurricane created inside his heart and then expanding outwards. Or Hulk could fall on Storm and kill her. in the end it really doesn't matter because anyone can write anyone beating anyone at anytime and it's as believable as people want to believe.

As for what's i don't know. I like the idea of Sword but i'm holding out for something more. I want to see Hickman tackle the stuff that was in Mystic Arcana and i think Storm would fit in that world perfectly but then i like the idea of space too but sword has a big cast so i'm not sure how much focused story can be there for storm but that's not to say there isn't.
    I mean Sue storm can beat storm doesn't mean she is more powerful it is simply because Sue's power is something I don't think storm can counter as of yet.
    Especially her psionic blocking shields. But that doesn't put sue above storm she herself even said storm is a goddess and watched her destroy an entire alien Horder she and captain marvel was struggling against single handedly with no effort.

Yh me tooo I mean she has power that is beyond any mutation even the omega kind.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Im coinfused how wanting to see Storm and Hulk hang out turned into a battle. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is comics, there is no hanging out without a proper fight between the heroes involved.
    This is Marvel. You know before they become friends they have to have a proper fight over a small misunderstanding about how to properly season the food for the bbq

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    This is Marvel. You know before they become friends they have to have a proper fight over a small misunderstanding about how to properly season the food for the bbq
    lol i guess. I think it would be cool seeing someone who for the most part is immune to gamma radiation, ie genosha unaided. Also as a goddess of life she could offer a unique perspective to the Gamma Hell and the green door etc. I would love to see Ewing have her take a walk through that world and see her perspective on what is happening with the gamma mutates and the various energies they are tied to. Her energy vision alone could offer Banner some unique information.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This makes me think of the future Thor and his grand daughters and one of them looked like punk storm riding a space whale.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

So, two points:

-From everything I read regarding Storm and Hulk, the argument that Storm is too powerful to carry a solo and writers wouldn't know what to do with her is over 9,000 level b.s.

-That article doesn't mention Storm's godhood at all even though she herself confirms she's a storm god now. Yet they referred to her being an Omega.

Great article. I love how they mentioned Storm role in Human/Mutant Relationship. How she still willing to fight for the world and humankind.

So anyway, any sort of versus stuff is taken to the rumbles forum. Why? Because surprisingly comic books don't always make sense.

So Hulk vs Storm stuff can go there plz.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

So in context of appreciating storm it was stated Storm is viewed as a silly girl who was believed to be a goddess. That was true in her solo it was revealed her village knew she was not a real goddess:

however as noted in Black Panther (2016) issue 17 it was later revealed she is an actual goddess even though she did not believe herself to be one. Since that reveal there have been several books which have referred to her as a literal goddess including the more recent xmen man-thing book in which the cbr article summarizes and interestinglyleaves that part out, she was not mentioned once to being an omega in that issue:

I've noticed a trend with the cbr articles relative to storm and they seem to never acknowledge the reveal Coates made in BP. I don't imagine this will change until the xbooks makes it clear (even though there have been enough stories since that make it pretty clear and canon is canon regardless of which office it stems from but whatever) but at this point there have been so many references to her as an actual goddess I do not understand why this is even a debate at this point.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-10-2021 at 10:25 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So in context of appreciating storm it was stated Storm is viewed as a silly girl who was believed to be a goddess. That was true in her solo it was revealed her village knew she was not a real goddess:

however as noted in Black Panther (2016) issue 17 it was later revealed she is an actual goddess even though she did not believe herself to be one. Since that reveal there hsve been several books which have referred to her as a literal goddess including the more recent xmen man-thing book in which the cbr article summarizes:

I've noticed a trend with the cbr articles relative to storm and they seem to never acknowledge the reveal Coates made in BP. I don't imagine this will change until the xbooks makes it clear but at this point there have been so many references to her as an actual goddess I do not understand why this is even a debate at this point.
    Yup.She didn't start of as one but was retconned into being one.She has been one for a while now and it suits her.I hope they keep it

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yup.She didn't start of as one but was retconned into being one.She has been one for a while now and it suits her.I hope they keep it
    actually she did start as one. giant size had her literally being worshipped as a goddess.

Charles Xavier came behind that and said she wasn't one. she even questions if he manipulated her in that first encounter:

the story from her solo was an actual retcon and it was revealed that original depiction as a goddess was correct by way of black panther.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!