Page 127 of 772 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Obliterate any matter. Lightning storms create anti-matter in the upper atmosphere through their gamma ray bursts.
    oh damn I think I recall you explaining that lightning create antimatter but yea if she was doing this our girl would be renamed the deadliest woman alive lol.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    True but we also have to remember that the theme for this era is "Unity" y'know the whole we're stronger together than we are apart schtick.

This era is more interested using separate mutant powers in tandeem to create new and creative uses The FIVE, The SIX, that communication network from HoX, etc. So I highly doubt we'll see Storm's powers expressed outside of the "weather manipulation" description she got for being an Omega even though she could theoretically terraform Mars by herself. It's the same reason why we don't see Proteus or Elixir bringing back the dead even though their individual powers would make The Five pretty much obsolete.

Also don't think we'll be getting any sort of expansion on Storm's godhood. Which I'm okay with they seem to be building a sense of narrative importance around Storm so I'm curious to see where that goes.
    yea this is all good points. if that issue is really about creating a habitable planet i wouldn't expect her to do it all on her own though as you said she should be able to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Hopefully we do see expansion on her godhood AND an important role. Give my sis all her dues and coins!!
    hear freaking hear!! our girl has long been denied her true status among the xmen so please xoffices lets get both!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it sure does. this article suggests these omegas could be working to make their own krakoan planet:

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-x-men...june-one-shot/

that certainly would be interesting.
    Oh WOOOWWW...yeah this is gonna breed drama, I'm already seeing it.
    X-mens rogue gallery is about to be even more enormous and I love it.

Long live Krakoa!

Also remember the reign of X teaser with Storm holding that powerful object?
    I'm sensing something big is coming for sis.
    yaassssssss honey! now you know if these girls create a whole entire planet the humans are really going to see them as a threat. the ish is about to go down.

edit: yea im still trying to figure out what that cosmic cube has to do with storm and how she will be using it. also let's not forget that entity that was made from Storm's being in the giant size issue. there is a lot in store for her I just hope it materializes into a solo.
    you know guys I hate to be that girl but technically ororo should be able to terraform on her own. Magneto and Iceman are pretty much redundant. EMs and extreme temps variations are all within her purview. That said im sure this issue would be a collaborative effort but it would be nice if when she goes out to the cosmos she works to create habitable planets for displaced populations of mutants or other oppressed civilizations in the universe.

hey boo. what would antimatter bolts do?
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    True but we also have to remember that the theme for this era is "Unity" y'know the whole we're stronger together than we are apart schtick.

This era is more interested using separate mutant powers in tandeem to create new and creative uses The FIVE, The SIX, that communication network from HoX, etc. So I highly doubt we'll see Storm's powers expressed outside of the "weather manipulation" description she got for being an Omega even though she could theoretically terraform Mars by herself. It's the same reason why we don't see Proteus or Elixir bringing back the dead even though their individual powers would make The Five pretty much obsolete.

Also don't think we'll be getting any sort of expansion on Storm's godhood. Which I'm okay with they seem to be building a sense of narrative importance around Storm so I'm curious to see where that goes.
    oh damn I think I recall you explaining that lightning create antimatter but yea if she was doing this our girl would be renamed the deadliest woman alive lol.

yea this is all good points. if that issue is really about creating a habitable planet i wouldn't expect her to do it all on her own though as you said she should be able to do so.

hear freaking hear!! our girl has long been denied her true status among the xmen so please xoffices lets get both!
    I am not going to group the above, but I do want to step up and say two very important things.

I do love Storm, she is my all-favourite time, mutant goddess, but let me point out that Storm cannot Terraform Mars on her own. I do get that we all want her to be all-powerful, but first, Mars is twice as big as Earth, if I am not mistaken and Storm is still limited by her body limitations. Her will knows no bounds, but her body... sorry but her body won't be able to stand up to the strain which she will get from terraforming a planet twice as big as Earth. Let's be real here, until Storm gets Elemental body or cosmic body, depending on where they aim to go, all that strain will destroy her from inside out and she will turn into Gaia literally since she will be the embodiment of the planet itself.

However! By adding Magneto, Iceman and Jean in the cup, well things change. Magneto can concentrate on magnetic fields and turning Mars core into an active one, like ours. This is something which Storm has never shown as capability, not speaking for the magnetic part but for the core re-activation. Yeah, she can make the weather patterns, she can create fauna and even grow green lands (she did that in BP when she made all those plants growing around her when she reached her goal to manipulate the ships atmospheres) and she can probably help out with the magnetic field. This will only put a strain on her body but that is pretty much, a lot of strain but at least she won't become the planet itself.

On the other hand, Jean can help all three of the Omegas with expanding their powers. She is an Omega Level telepath and people forget that telepathy allows the telepath to help others to use even more of their raw power. Professor X has done that on multiple occasions in the past, I can see Jean doing that to help them maintain control, and put less strain on their minds and help them complete the big task.

And the second thing which I want to point out, this is a team effort. Storm is not the entire X-Men, well in this case Krakoa Team. So it has to be a team effort and I am kinda glad that they picked Magneto, Iceman and Jean for the co-op, I think, all four of them are terrifyingly strong.

And something else came to my mind. If they terraform a planet and that planet becomes Planet X as they mentioned in the Powers of X, you can imagine how Storm, Magneto, Iceman and Jean will be seen as the Primordial Deities of that planet. They will elevate to Godhood. Creating a planet, means you are creating Divine lore, lore which hasn't existed up until that planet was built, terraformed, etc.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-10-2021 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I am not going to group the above, but I do want to step up and say two very important things.

I do love Storm, she is my all-favourite time, mutant goddess, but let me point out that Storm cannot Terraform Mars on her own. I do get that we all want her to be all-powerful
    Never said anything about her terraforming a planet by herself, I'm more so excited for Mutants (krakoan and arrako) and the prospect of the mutants growing their empire.....

HOWEVER, Storm is clearly on a trajectory somewhere awesome and glorious, somewhere she should have been years ago. I'm so sick of hearing about us wanting her to be all-powerful, no baby, that's just her PRESENCE. I'm sick of people putting limitations on her, she's already been a thief, a queen, powerless. Everything has been DONE and I feel like people put limits on her because in truth people are afraid of a STRONG black woman ascending and playing ball with the big boys & girls.

Storm is DESTINED, this photo right here...its giving me category: ASCENSION
    I understand that everybody wants to keep a level head and all that but this is hadari yao, don't say it if you don't mean it.
    Let's stop boxing her in and let her show out.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I absolutely agree 92G.
    If the terra-forming Mars theory is correct, then it's four Omega-level talents pushing beyond their established limits to create something truly phenomenal...together.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-10-2021 at 05:15 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Never said anything about her terraforming a planet by herself, I'm more so excited for Mutants (krakoan and arrako) and the prospect of the mutants growing their empire.....

HOWEVER, Storm is clearly on a trajectory somewhere awesome and glorious, somewhere she should have been years ago. I'm so sick of hearing about us wanting her to be all-powerful, no baby, that's just her PRESENCE. I'm sick of people putting limitations on her, she's already been a thief, a queen, powerless. Everything has been DONE and I feel like people put limits on her because in truth people are afraid of a STRONG black woman ascending and playing ball with the big boys & girls.

Storm is DESTINED, this photo right here...its giving me category: ASCENSION
    I understand that everybody wants to keep a level head and all that but this is hadari yao, don't say it if you don't mean it.
    Let's stop boxing her in and let her show out.
    Ah yes! My bad, what I wanted to comment on your comment is the object which Storm held, I believe, the way it was explained, it is a cosmic object of pure light, so I can see her using it to elevate to full Godhood or something among those lines. Or she can use it to create the life on Planet X (or Mars if it is, indeed Mars).

And no, I am saying this for an N time, I do not do racism. Storm is my only favourite hero, and I am keeping it real. You can't expect to tell you that Storm can terraform an entire planet on her own, especially when the planet is Mars. She can probably do that with smaller planets, but seriously, let's be real. She is not there, yet.

Most people here, have no idea what it takes to terraform a planet from a scientific view point. Do you know how many things must be taken care of, looked into and kept in a specific balance or otherwise, the planet will die even more. Marvel is trying to keep things real, terraforming a planet is simply enormous work with too many systems and sustains that cannot be overlooked or done by one single entity. Impossible, simply impossible. She can provide 80% perhaps of the terraforming of the planet, but to terraform the entire planet on her own, she is not there. Definitely not there, yet. But she will get there, eventually.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-10-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Ah yes! My bad, what I wanted to comment on your comment is the object which Storm held, I believe, the way it was explained, it is a cosmic object of pure light, so I can see her using it to elevate to full Godhood or something among those lines. Or she can use it to create the life on Planet X (or Mars if it is, indeed Mars).

And no, I am saying this for an N time, I do not do racism. Storm is my only favourite hero, and I am keeping it real. You can't expect to tell you that Storm can terraform an entire planet on her own, especially when the planet is Mars. She can probably do that with smaller planets, but seriously, let's be real. She is not there, yet.

Most people here, have no idea what it takes to terraform a planet from a scientific view point. Do you know how many things must be taken care of, looked into and kept in a specific balance or otherwise, the planet will die even more. Marvel is trying to keep things real, terraforming a planet is simply enormous work with too many systems and sustains that cannot be overlooked or done by one single entity. Impossible, simply impossible. She can provide 80% perhaps of the terraforming of the planet, but to terraform the entire planet on her own, she is not there. Definitely not there, yet. But she will get there, eventually.
    My post was somewhat directed at the writers too lol.
    I'm excited for the four, ANYWHERE Jean and Storm are together is a gem issue for me.

I'm really just stoked and excited, the x-verse is growing so VAST.
    I'm thinking they should call the name the planet (I DO think it's a whole planet for mutants...), Okarra.
    That'd be poetic in a way.

My post was somewhat directed at the writers too lol.
    I'm excited for the four, ANYWHERE Jean and Storm are together is a gem issue for me.

I'm really just stoked and excited, the x-verse is growing so VAST.
    I'm thinking they should call the name the planet (I DO think it's a whole planet for mutants...), Okarra.
    That'd be poetic in a way.
    That is a good name for a planet. I like it. Yeah, an entire planet of Mutants, now that would be quite the haven.

I just can't help but wonder how they will build cities, roads, electricity and others.

It's not as though they are without their own personal resources to create and invent new ways of doing things.

If Krakoa is allowed to seed the entire planet...BOOP! You get a building and you get a building...EVERYBODY gets a building!
    And Forge could literally invent anything out of nothing (very little).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Let's go. Looking forward to the planet building four. The pantheon.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's not as though they are without their own personal resources to create and invent new ways of doing things.

If Krakoa is allowed to seed the entire planet...BOOP! You get a building and you get a building...EVERYBODY gets a building!
    And Forge could literally invent anything out of nothing (very little).
    True that, but it would be fun seeing it happen. If I was the writer I would probably have a harder time on that part, everything else I can write from the terraforming to how they use their powers but the engineering part with cities, roads, electricity, etc... would have been quite the challenge

Kyss is still asleep, it seems. Miss her into such a fine conversation about Storm and the other Omega Level mutants

And we have official confirmation it is indeed another world (planet):

https://twitter.com/KrakoaDiscord/st...09029676998658

And we have official confirmation it is indeed another world (planet):

https://twitter.com/KrakoaDiscord/st...09029676998658
    If they are terraforming a planet, then I see how Storm's weather powers and planet growth abilities will be a major help/
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Some Storm and Jean from COTA

I do love Storm, she is my all-favourite time, mutant goddess, but let me point out that Storm cannot Terraform Mars on her own. I do get that we all want her to be all-powerful, but first, Mars is twice as big as Earth,
    Mars is significantly smaller than the earth. It's essentially half as big volumetrically and only 1/10th as massive. Storm has many planetary feats in her canon on earth. Martian feats would be considerably easier in comparison, simply in terms of scale/mass. Never mind the fact that Storm has manipulated the energy of MILLIONS of stars and planets simultaneously, and reconstructed an entire dimension that was falling apart. It's time for Hickman et al to flex Storm's Omega muscles, and this would be a great start! I am a little nervous Duggan is writing this issue, though. He's not been my favorite of the lineup.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Love that little Jean and Storm moment. CotA might just prove the naysayers, downers and on-the-fencers (like myself) wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Mars is significantly smaller than the earth. It's essentially half as big volumetrically and only 1/10th as massive. Storm has many planetary feats in her canon on earth. Martian feats would be considerably easier in comparison, simply in terms of scale/mass. Never mind the fact that Storm has manipulated the energy of MILLIONS of stars and planets simultaneously, and reconstructed an entire dimension that was falling apart. It's time for Hickman et al to flex Storm's Omega muscles, and this would be a great start! I am a little nervous Duggan is writing this issue, though. He's not been my favorite of the lineup.
    Mars is slightly smaller than the Earth.

Also, Mars has no atmosphere. The atmosphere, having been stripped away for thousands of years by the solar wind. The solar wind, which of course carries the charged solar particles of the sun will disapate the atmosphere. Part of (if not all of) the reason the atmosphere is gone though, is because the core is now cold. The core is what generates a magnetic shield and keeps the ozone intact as well as the atmosphere in place. The magnetic shield is what enables a planet like Earth, to generate a force that disperses by repelling most of the solar wind. When the core starts to cool, the ozone weakens and dies out. Then the atmosphere becomes thin until gone.

Jean should really be able to TK-shape that barren red earth ino something great! I cannot wait!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-10-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!