Page 605 of 772 FirstFirst ... 105505555595601602603604605606607608609615655705 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 11576
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    absolutely. great observation. you mentioned she has been controlling gravity a lot. where was another instance of this?
    When she reformed the atmosphere on Mars. She had the increase the gravity to keep the new improved atmosphere down and escaping into space.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    When she reformed the atmosphere on Mars. She had the increase the gravity to keep the new improved atmosphere down and escaping into space.
    Couldn't she just also have created sphere of compressed air? Similar to the same way Crystal did it for the inhumans?
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 09-23-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Batroc had me pressed ngl.
    ok I didn't know the reference but now the bad memories are coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol I liked the lightning punch. A strategic one hitter quitter was bad ass to me. HATED the Batroc instance. It felt like it was permitted, in addition to the write down to fit Storm into a team book setting, but also for comedic effect with Pyro's protective reaction.
    I didn't know who batroc was until you mentioned it but did he drop kick her or something? also, you see this isn't necessarily happening in xmen with those characters. would have been nice to see Duggan give her some big moments but whatever I'm glad we have Ewing lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ok I didn't know the reference but now the bad memories are coming back.

I didn't know who batroc was until you mentioned it but did he drop kick her or something? also, you see this isn't necessarily happening in xmen with those characters. would have been nice to see Duggan give her some big moments but whatever I'm glad we have Ewing lol.
    Yep. Batroc dodged her lightning flying kicked her while she was telling he better not do it. I was like…really??! It was at the time I wasn’t buying Marauders but ended up going back and getting them. I felt like Duggan’s overall w/ Storm outweighed the bad, but it wasn’t to the level of ‘good’ that it could’ve been. The challenges for that ensemble just didn’t fit with Storm. This preview really has me excited and I am hoping the challenges, development and growth really test Storm at the right calibre.

Agreed. This is...just stunning to me. But I am deeply intrigued by her last thoughts. She will not be broken by Arrako. Not yet...? What doe that mean? And why would allowing herself to be broken by a war forged warrior society be a consideration? Or does that version of being "broken" for her mean she allows herself to be hardened into adopting a completely different moral stance on how she will engage them/the MU as a leader?
    I think its the latter. I think she will pushed to kill which we both know isn't her thing. it will be interesting to see what exactly pushes her if she is pushed over the edge.

also I have some potential bad news. apparently:
    spoilers:

spoilers:
    there are only 4 issues of sword left
    end of spoilers
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think its the latter. I think she will pushed to kill which we both know isn't her thing. it will be interesting to see what exactly pushes her if she is pushed over the edge.

also I have some potential bad news. apparently:
    spoilers:

spoilers:
    there are only 4 issues of sword left
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I’ve been hearing that too . Part of me feels like we might luck out if the relaunch goes a certain way, but…yeah *sighs*

Part of me really feels like this role as Regent has to have a lot more longevity and significance to not miss the stories that can built around it. A planet of mutants who’s culture was forged by war, Who only respect power, force and ruthlessness - I am ready for them to taste that side of Storm. Part of me feels like that would culminate in a showdown with Genesis, and that would be epic as f$&@! Ultimately, Noting that she is both not only ruling over Arrako (probably still has a seat on the QC) but as the voice of the Sol System & sitting on the galactic council there has to be a plan for an X-title to explore this. It would be criminal not to.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 09-23-2021 at 09:52 PM.

Yeah I’ve been hearing that too . Part of me feels like we might luck out if the relaunch goes a certain way, but…yeah *sighs*

Part of me really feels like this role as Regent has to have a lot more longevity and significance to not miss the stories that can built around it. A planet of mutants who’s culture was forged by war, Who only respect power, force and ruthlessness - I am ready for them to taste that side of Storm. Part of me feels like that would culminate in a showdown with Genesis, and that would be epic as f$&@! Ultimately, Noting that she is both not only ruling over Arrako (probably still has a seat on the QC) but as the voice of the Sol System & sitting on the galactic council there has to be a plan for an X-title to explore this. It would be criminal not to.

yes relaunches are a mixed bag for me especially if we are looking at historical data. I will say though I'm encouraged that whatever will come will be good for her. I couldn't imagine they would build her up in this manner to have her " i hate war and need to relinquish the title to kitty" moment.

I agree completely. I feel like there would be more to this role but with Hickman leaving im not certain if who will main the ship moving forward will have the same ideas for ororo. also back to your original point.. of not being broken yet... could it be her throwing in the towel so that she won't lose herself. with that im hopeful they will take your approach instead and continue to explore her many hats she is wearing as of late.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-23-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Is she controlling gravity? I assumed she just had full control of every atom in her atmosphere, was at her will and command.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Is she controlling gravity? I assumed she just had full control of every atom in her atmosphere, was at her will and command.
    I'm not sure if jt is gravity or not but she is functioning, living and breathing in space. that's pretty awesome

I'm not sure if jt is gravity or not but she is functioning, living and breathing in space. that's pretty awesome
    Yes. It truly is an a amazing feat. Though not sure how I feel about a sphere, was hoping for something a little more internal. But finally happy to see all that we knew she could is finally being backed up.

Agreed. This is...just stunning to me. But I am deeply intrigued by her last thoughts. She will not be broken by Arrako. Not yet...? What doe that mean? And why would allowing herself to be broken by a war forged warrior society be a consideration? Or does that version of being "broken" for her mean she allows herself to be hardened into adopting a completely different moral stance on how she will engage them/the MU as a leader?
    I have theory that Storm will become somewhat of a War Goddess. On the Death card, she was leading a powerful-looking army. That army likely represents Arrako.I think that's hinting toward her future. Look at it this way, Storm is a Goddess of Balance. But what if she swings to one extreme over the other? We already had a storyline of her leaving behind her pacifism to become edgier and hardened, but what if it's done on a much larger scale. And what if it has serious ramifications?

According to a supposed reliable source, Ewing will write a Storm and Cable led book, so a lot of what you brought up will be continued there. S.W.O.R.D will be spun off into this new book.

Incredible Member

Couldn't she just also have created sphere of compressed air? Similar to the same way Crystal did it for the inhumans?
    The thing is though if there is no gravity holding down the gases then it quickly escapes.

The moon has a very weak atmosphere because of the lack of gravity or barely any gravity. Every time an atmosphere is formed on the moon the gases don't stay compressed for a long time and flow into space because there is no gravity holding it down. While obviously, it's fiction and the writers weren't thinking about Crystal feat. But realistically Crystal would have to have gravity manipulation in order for her to keep oxygen from escaping space since it was literally nothing but a bubble of air.

Storm has proven to manipulate Mars's entire atmosphere to stronger levels and also tampering with gravity to hold it down to keep the air from flowing into space. Gravity is "a part" of the atmosphere which is strong enough to hold onto the atmosphere and keep it from drifting into space. The energies in the atmosphere are for Storm to mold.

So it's no surprise Storm can make a bubble of air and sustain it in space after doing it to an entire planet.
    Last edited by KLY360; 09-24-2021 at 12:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Wrong quote lmaooo
    I didn't even see! But you are right what we do here hasn't been in vain.

Yeah IÂ’ve been hearing that too . Part of me feels like we might luck out if the relaunch goes a certain way, butÂ…yeah *sighs*

Part of me really feels like this role as Regent has to have a lot more longevity and significance to not miss the stories that can built around it. A planet of mutants whoÂ’s culture was forged by war, Who only respect power, force and ruthlessness - I am ready for them to taste that side of Storm. Part of me feels like that would culminate in a showdown with Genesis, and that would be epic as f$&@! Ultimately, Noting that she is both not only ruling over Arrako (probably still has a seat on the QC) but as the voice of the Sol System & sitting on the galactic council there has to be a plan for an X-title to explore this. It would be criminal not to.
    There really has to be it's easily the most interesting concept of the entire xline since the birth of krakoa. And would really establish the xmen as a galactic and cosmic power as we would get to see how the citizens of the milky way and beyond react to the rise of the mutants.
    But alas I doubt they would do that.

Nebula feat soon to come!

happy Friday

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Yes. It truly is an a amazing feat. Though not sure how I feel about a sphere, was hoping for something a little more internal. But finally happy to see all that we knew she could is finally being backed up.
    as an omega mutant I dont mind this though when in goddess mode I wouldn't mind seeing her being able to breathe unaided.