Page 660 of 772 FirstFirst ... 160560610650656657658659660661662663664670710760 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Wait she can't shoot lava? I've been lied to.
    LOL, if she could the Vs. Boards would be on fire.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So omega mutants and scientist supremes and sorcerer supremes can achieve godhood or godhood realness but aren't actually gods due to the lack of a godhead?
    Hence why they are usually termed as godlike eg. Sentry, jean grey, magneto, hulk...etc.

But a hero Iike storm is an actual god as she was born with a godhead meaning she is of a divine nature and as such must be worshiped.

I want to ask too does this mean that those with natural godheads have godly reserved of mystic power?
    Well, even gods' powers are still described as godlike like Storm, Zeus, Odin, Elder Gods, and more. god itself in fiction is a very vague term. There are also many branches of gods as I would assume in power.

Gods with godhead powers are mystical that is true. They are naturally embedded with affinity to control mystical energies. Mutants can just become super powerful to where they reach godhood. Franklin's mutant powers are described as godhood or Mad Jim Jaspers. Richard Reed as the maker achieved godhood. But even humans can achieve godhood by collecting magic. Another good way in boosting your way into godhood is by collecting followers. Like Storm achieved godhood when she dispersed Adversary otherworldly storm over Wakanda with the hopes of Wakandans. She called it faith and divinity. She fully unlocked her godhead with the Wakandans actively praying to her to defeat Adversary.

So yeah mutants, superhumans, magicians, scientists, and humans (or other beings across the multiverse) can all achieve godhood status either by coming really powerful in their way or finding a way to collect magical energy and followers.

Godhood isn't just limited to gods while I think godhead is. I think marvel should go into more depth about it. Because even godhood has different meanings. Meryln is supposedly a "god" and his daughter Roma stated he wanted to achieve godhood with energy matrix.
    Last edited by KLY360; 10-13-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the delays ahahaha my LCS partner and I can have perhaps a rest before the influx...i really appreciate their patience...anyways two things i have in mind

1. The skybreaker -- another fan asked about if they are gonna touch on this again -- assuming the canon of TLA it wont but for the sake of peace -- do you guys also read fan fiction? Coz this Storm and Black Panther: Everything Else can Wait by MAB86 fan fiction is one of the best fan made follow up -- hahaha I recommend -- not just because it is biased over my liking of this One true pairing -- but they were both written like true adults here -- I know people want resolution over the "issue" but if there is no "issue" at all then there is none -- to me the act was cause and effect -- she called, tchalla did not answer, she stole it, shuri got in the way, she saved the world at the expense of her relationship being strained after all she helped the wakandans at the expense of tchalla being too busy even for her calls -- we need a fix or we do not -- to me they are both adults who can look past their need for vengeance over things that happened -- this fan fic says it all -- coz it could just be a small cost to pay than rehashing on the smallest of stuff every single time -- and that was portrayed here...remembering as well the times that she openly expressed to Xavier that she doesnt feel it was right to steal for Xaviers goals -- anyways thats my closure thoughts on that "issue" -- id rather settle that it would have been an issue too small to return to than progressing her forward -- thoughts?

2. Sword #8 and the knives -- now this I had a hard time -- but a fellow fan helped me to understand and accept -- the fellow fan mentioned to accept her knife skills as her secondary mutation -- now that is one of the things Ive never thought -- given that in that issue as well, we see the potential of Tarn giving her an actual upgrade -- i know I dont want it at first -- and that is so far from what I imagine or what I am reading how her godhood would be better as development and my basis was of some other character who had been in the same evolution manipulation dilemma and I survived it and to this day that other character is beloved -- have you guys thought about her secondary mutation as well? Coz the knives ala MCU hella is awesome Potential good or bad? Are we ready for it? Btw for those who know the other character its in the user name *wink* wink* i just got too inspired how I never saw them to be almost the same except for the vengeance part -- so enjoy the fan fic while we wait in vain for more storm content -- hiatus time!!!
    Part of me strongly agrees with your friend. While I love that Storm is OFFICIALLY a goddess, has the gift of Godhead, and stands among the pantheon of Wakandan gods I prefer focus on her omega level mutant weather manipulation and combat skills. I wouldn’t want her martial combat ability to be considered a secondary mutation though. I think her power and skillset is quite unique, and being in this new role it would be a shame to not see her use them on the galactic/universal stage.

Who else from around the Marvel Universe are we going to see in BLACK PANTHER LEGENDS?
    I am so excited for y’all to meet Storm in BLACK PANTHER LEGENDS. Going back to the question of how do you tackle a story that’s been done so many times before, there have been several instances in which we’ve seen that initial meet-cute between T’Challa and Ororo. This was an opportunity to do that, but new. The way we were able to pull it off—I don’t really want to say anything beyond that, I don’t want to get into spoilers, but it’s something that will make readers very happy.

We wanted to make sure Storm was a character in her own right, that this is a book where she didn’t exist solely to serve his character development. I think that’s a trap writers can sometimes fall into, particularly with hero books, that you’ll have these compelling female or nonbinary characters who exist only for the hero’s character development, or they’re plot devices. We worked really hard to make sure that wasn’t the case here. The Ororo you meet here is compelling with her own desires and hopes and fears and wishes and dreams. I’m really proud of how we were able to pull that off. We will meet the Fantastic Four as well in this series!
    From Tochi Onyebuchi interview

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Ahahaha I just saw this article and skipped through that part (as usual)...and my whole being is so ready for them!!!

I guess Ororo is gonna have to keep spanking the Arakki.
    From SWORD #9 preview.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's time Storm says:
    "I've had enough of these challenges...they waste my time and energy. As Voice of Sol, I have far more pressing things to which I must attend."
    *then she lines up ALL her challengers in the CP and kills them one by one. Shocking, horrifying and inspiring the Arakkii once and for all.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    From SWORD #9 preview.

Thanks for sharing, but I don't understand a thing, all mutants can challenge the ring, but only omega mutants can sit in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's time Storm says:
    "I've had enough of these challenges...they waste my time and energy. As Voice of Sol, I have far more pressing things to which I must attend."
    *then she lines up ALL her challengers in the CP and kills them one by one. Shocking, horrifying and inspiring the Arakkii once and for all.
    I agree, it reminds me of her solo where she didn't like it when Yukio reopened these kinds of "gladiodor" events lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

storm looks stunning in that preview and these children need to step off. im surprised they still want to test her as well after her battle with tarn.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's time Storm says:
    It's time for mamacita to do that.

In place of the Storm I would have made a pyroclastic cloud to engulf all Arakkis who tried to claim the title of ruler of Arakko.
    It would melt and bury them all with the ashes, petrifying them without any mercy, as happened to the inhabitants of Pompeii.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Thanks for sharing, but I don't understand a thing, all mutants can challenge the ring, but only omega mutants can sit in it?
    l
    Maybe they believe they can kill her then have an arakii omega kill them for the seat and the throne. They simply do not understand why a krakoan rules.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm looks stunning in that preview and these children need to step off. im surprised they still want to test her as well after her battle with tarn.
    I feel like it's gonna be a status symbol now as storm is the baddest on arakko after defeating tarn without her powers. Just confronting her ie enough to lift ones social status .

Inspired by the Worlds Apart motion comic post, I found this video clip using the voice actress Marion Toro. Interesting sculpt as well. Like the hairstyle detail...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    From SWORD #9 preview.

I know she is "retired"but I would love to see the former seat holder Genesis and Storm interact.