Page 451 of 772 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Was Candra at that time an omega mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Everyone ignored my post
    with Storm working with and having minor manipulation of gravity lmaoooo
    Ah, I didn't ignore it, I even showed it to a friend of mine here, you're a smart person with a good point about Storm true powers.

If at any point your powers have influenced or disrupted black holes or other astronomical events, perhaps those feats are great achievements with gravity.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Everyone ignored my post with Storm working with and having minor manipulation of gravity lmaoooo
    I didn't ignore it. I'm i posted my thoughts on her and the use of gravity lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Was Candra at that time an omega mutant?

Ah, I didn't ignore it, I even showed it to a friend of mine here, you're a smart person with a good point about Storm true powers.

If at any point your powers have influenced or disrupted black holes or other astronomical events, perhaps those feats are great achievements with gravity.
    I do not believe she was. if she was it wasn't mentioned in that story.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I do not believe she was. if she was it wasn't mentioned in that story.
    Lol had that moment where the narrator says that Jean's shield barely withstands the Powers of the Storm

BANNED

I wonder if Storm left Krakoa’s council. Seems as regent of Mars and of Sol she would be way too busy to regularly meet on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Lol had that moment where the narrator says that Jean's shield barely withstands the Powers of the Storm
    Well, to be honest, TK can do just as much it really depends on how calm and quiet your mind is and how powerful your will is to withstand the pain. A lot of people don't understand how TK or TP work simply because they never did research. They just think something among the lines of... she just thinks about it and happens but actually, there is a lot more behind a TK blast, shield, etc. and of course TP connection. If your mind is not calm or strong enough to handle the pressure and the pain, then it can burst out... literally because it was overwhelmed. And somehow, I cannot see TK stopping a full-blown storm, we are talking about a lot of pain and pressure on her it is simply impossible.

BANNED

Everyone ignored my post with Storm working with and having minor manipulation of gravity lmaoooo
    I didn't I actually enjoyed your post.... It makes sense because she has absolute dominion over all forces and energies that govern weather and gravity literally holds the whole thing down. If she can control the magnetic fields that shield the atmosphere then she definitely can manipulate the gravity that holds it. But here is the real question and why I was like if Ewing gave us a data page I will be very happy so we know just how deep her power goes. Deductions are fun but ultimately if not supported by cannon are just a binding exercise. But then again the mystery has been intriguing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Well, to be honest, TK can do just as much it really depends on how calm and quiet your mind is and how powerful your will is to withstand the pain. A lot of people don't understand how TK or TP work simply because they never did research. They just think something among the lines of... she just thinks about it and happens but actually, there is a lot more behind a TK blast, shield, etc. and of course TP connection. If your mind is not calm or strong enough to handle the pressure and the pain, then it can burst out... literally because it was overwhelmed. And somehow, I cannot see TK stopping a full-blown storm, we are talking about a lot of pain and pressure on her it is simply impossible.
    To be able to stop a storm a telekinetic must be able to stop the full power of thousands of nuclear bombs at once! Casually repeatedly because that's the energy of a storm per hour. Unless you are a cosmic entity or a god tier telekinetic you have no hope in hell of survival if storm actually tries against you. That's why when Betsy had amped TK sooo strong that Rachel with the pheonix echo couldn't match storm could easily shut her down. Why because the energy and forces storm controls on average are even A problem for god tier telepaths now imagine if she is angry or she actually unleashes.

agreed!! 100%a

thats interesting. I felt this was the moment for me was when I knew there was bs on the way and it was Claremont who wrote it. the reboot was not good for her:

Really? To me this was an okay feat. She lifted the entire plane into space with her winds, once in space if she used solar winds she probably would have destroyed the plane so it made sense she reached her limit on natural wind to assist the launch.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really? To me this was an okay feat. She lifted the entire plane into space with her winds, once in space if she used solar winds she probably would have destroyed the plane so it made sense she reached her limit on natural wind to assist the launch.
    yes. remember the original showing with her doing the solar winds against the sentinel was essentially retconned in classic xmen. allegedly this was done to correct an error with the Phoenix story because if she could control solar winds she could have saved the team from the radiation that ultimately resulted in the Phoenix saga. the scan above reinforcing this by saying she reached her limit. as she told cyclops many moons ago she has always been in full control of her powers so she should be able to control the solar winds in a manner that wouldn't affect the ship, just as she was able to fly on them in space without harming her space suit.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    To be able to stop a storm a telekinetic must be able to stop the full power of thousands of nuclear bombs at once! Casually repeatedly because that's the energy of a storm per hour. Unless you are a cosmic entity or a god tier telekinetic you have no hope in hell of survival if storm actually tries against you. That's why when Betsy had amped TK sooo strong that Rachel with the pheonix echo couldn't match storm could easily shut her down. Why because the energy and forces storm controls on average are even A problem for god tier telepaths now imagine if she is angry or she actually unleashes.
    If you read my entire post you would have found out that I am actually agreeing that she can't block or stop a raw storm. Please read the full post before commenting.

Incredible Member

yes. remember the original showing with her doing the solar winds against the sentinel was essentially retconned in classic xmen. allegedly this was done to correct an error with the Phoenix story because if she could control solar winds she could have saved the team from the radiation that ultimately resulted in the Phoenix saga. the scan above reinforcing this by saying she reached her limit. as she told cyclops many moons ago she has always been in full control of her powers so she should be able to control the solar winds in a manner that wouldn't affect the ship, just as she was able to fly on them in space without harming her space suit.
    Marvel knows she can. Which is why in the what-if Storm was phoenix...she manipulated solars winds to save herself

It makes no sense to keep trying to disconnect her powers and then have her manipulate gamma rays on a planetary scale to block gamma rays from the sun from destroying Earth.

As I said before Storm is a part of a team. You do not want a team member to be much more powerful than the others.

Like only the storm goddess can.

Attachment 112113
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Marvel knows she can. Which is why in the what-if Storm was phoenix...she manipulated solars winds to save herself

It makes no sense to keep trying to disconnect her powers and then have her manipulate gamma rays on a planetary scale to block gamma rays from the sun from destroying Earth.

As I said before Storm is a part of a team. You do not want a team member to be much more powerful than the others.
    this is why I think she would benefit having a solo. you put her on a team with characters with overlapping abilities and all we will get is lightning lass.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Like only the storm goddess can.

Attachment 112113
    damn right!!! nice pic boo!