Page 614 of 772 FirstFirst ... 114514564604610611612613614615616617618624664714 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 11576

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I was going to ask "Return of the Queen" what comic is that? What issue? Or is it something upcoming?
    Its a book, got it yesterday under ebook format. Its part of an 18 short story collection about wakanda -- of course I skipped those other parts and went straight to the chapter craving for more storm content

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Its a book, got it yesterday under ebook format. Its part of an 18 short story collection about wakanda -- of course I skipped those other parts and went straight to the chapter craving for more storm content
    Thanks for sharing this. I ordered it on Amazon. Not sure if its considered canon the reviews are good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Thank you for letting me know. I would make a small request and ask if you could scan or print that chapter here so we can all read it?

And hell yeah, our girl can finally fly in open space with her own weather dome. I would have gone differently and use her natural resistance to the deep cold, radiation and vacuum and have her use electrolysis to separate the atoms into oxygen but I will accept the way they did it as long as they keep upgrading it..

Now all we need is for her to achieve intergalactic speed and I can't wait to see how they will do it. The speed of light and beyond is truly challenging achievement for a lot of heroes and they usually do it via some kind of technology device or magic or natural. I want to see what they can do with Storm.

Having Storm travel at the speed of light seems a bit OP. I'd rather her travel through lightning like she's done before. That's fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Actually lactuca has no gender they were designed to be agender by pepe.
    I didn't know how to write without talking about the genre (he/she), sorry

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Having Storm travel at the speed of light seems a bit OP. I'd rather her travel through lightning like she's done before. That's fast enough
    Not when half of Marvel's characters run at the speed of light or even above, and attack at the speed of a thought.

Is the Black Sun Canonical? Because I remember Kitty got a bone claw because of Wolverine in (X-Men Eternal) who told me it wasn't set in Marvel's main reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Is the Black Sun Canonical? Because I remember Kitty got a bone claw because of Wolverine in (X-Men Eternal) who told me it wasn't set in Marvel's main reality.
    It is canon. Kitty’s claw from Logan was planted in her glove.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Isn’t the reason for earth’s atmosphere staying grounded just it’s mass and velocity of rotation which increases gravitational pull? I would think the same would apply to Mars/Arrako, especially after Magneto increased the planet’s mass with the tons of iron he infused into its core. I personally don’t think Ororo has any direct power over gravity itself, or that she needs that to do what she has done. In regards to her personal bubble of atmosphere used to traverse space, I simply believe that Ororo’s command over the elements that comprise “atmosphere” is far, far stronger than the natural gravitational pull of Arrako. Which honestly makes her feat even more impressive.
    No, this would be incorrect. Magneto pulled iron into its core to mold. Which would boost the magnetic field. Magnetism and Gravity are two different forces and do not correlate at all.

The size of the iron Magneto pull wasn't even the size of a town. So no this does not increase the gravity only the magnetic field. You need to do a lot more than that to even affect 1% of Mars's mass. Mars's magnetic field weakened due to solar winds and the atmosphere also slipped away.

Storm came in to reform the planet's atmosphere to that of Earth. Even with the terraform, Mar's has 38% of Earth's gravity which means even if you boost the atmosphere to that of Earth the air would be thin and cold and thin air similar to that of the Himalayan mountains, and reach dangerous global warming temperatures. This means yes Storm did increase the gravity of Mars.

I'm pretty sure the writers writing this didn't go over all the science. Terraforming Mars science is still questionable to this day.

Also yes Storm said she took an envelope of the atmosphere to space. She had to be manipulating gravity to keep her atmosphere sphere from drifting away.
    Last edited by KLY360; 09-26-2021 at 07:34 PM.

I mean, a woman with direct control over molecules, atoms and electrons wouldn't need to control gravity to keep them around her when she could simply ... keep them there but okay girl
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    I mean, a woman with direct control over molecules, atoms and electrons wouldn't need to control gravity to keep them around her when she could simply ... keep them there but okay girl
    Lmao, simmer down talking about some okay girl. It's not that serious at all.

Imagine being pressed because I talking about the other forces Storm controls.

It's stated she molds the energy to all of the forces in the universe. Why are you bothered when I bring up gravity manipulation? You know she doesn't only control electromagnetism right? Is there a problem that she is using multiple forces of the universe simultaneously?
    Last edited by KLY360; 09-26-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Lmao, simmer down talking about some okay girl. It's not that serious at all.

Imagine being pressed because I talking about the other forces Storm controls.

It's stated she molds the energy to all of the forces in the universe. Why are you bothered when I bring up gravity manipulation? You know she doesn't only control electromagnetism right? Is there a problem that she is using multiple forces of the universe simultaneously?
    Lol I think its all good. I just think stating she controls gravity without it being clearly stated makes it speculative. We know she can control atoms because she’s literally explained it on panel, so her directly comtrolling the molecules of the atmosphere to hold them in place and keep the temp warm enough so they don’t freeze fits her canon. We all agree she controls multiple forces that make up weather. Hopefully we get more of that going forward, and hopefully it ends up in an updated OHOTMU.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

whether she has done it in 616 or not I think she at bare minimum should be able to manipulate the four basic forces of nature. she is described cabonically to manipulate the forces and energies that result in weather phenomena. gravity plays a part in the mechanics of weather it shouldn't be a wild idea that she could control it as well:

https://www.britannica.com/science/f...al-interaction
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    whether she has done it in 616 or not I think she at bare minimum should be able to manipulate the four basic forces of nature. she is described cabonically to manipulate the forces and energies that result in weather phenomena. gravity plays a part in the mechanics of weather it shouldn't be a wild idea that she could control it as well:

https://www.britannica.com/science/f...al-interaction
    Exactly! People acting like I'm downplaying her. I'm actually giving her props for her overlooked energy manipulation. Storm doesn't just control one force. Her powers are cosmic manipulation which is all the forces of the universe. She just specialized in weather. She has shown plenty of times she can use Weak Force, Strong Force, Electromagnetism and Gravity by being able to convert gases to liquid, galactic core, using the full power of the sun, control radiation, and more.

Every object in the universe that has mass exerts a gravitational pull, or force, on every other mass. The way I see it Storm is using electromagnetism to keep that pocket of atmosphere together in space while also manipulating the gravitational pull of her body which would be the mass that kept the atmosphere from floating away.
    Last edited by KLY360; 09-27-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol I think its all good. I just think stating she controls gravity without it being clearly stated makes it speculative. We know she can control atoms because she’s literally explained it on panel, so her directly comtrolling the molecules of the atmosphere to hold them in place and keep the temp warm enough so they don’t freeze fits her canon. We all agree she controls multiple forces that make up weather. Hopefully we get more of that going forward, and hopefully it ends up in an updated OHOTMU.
    She has the ability to rearrange the atomic structure of gas, liquid, and solid yet I don't see anything confirming she can control Strong Force. Yet she still does it.

Storm took the energy of millions of Stars and turned herself into one yet I don't see anything confirming She manipulated strong Force, Weak Force, and Gravity. Yet she still did it.

Storm used the full power of the sun which would result in all the forces. Yet I don't see anything confirming she manipulated those forces yet she still did.

Storm has manipulated several forms of radiation before I don't see anything stated she can control weak force. Yet she still did it.

The only force that was confirmed Storm controls was when she fought Clor. That still doesn't take away from the rest of her feats.

And I can go on.
    Last edited by KLY360; 09-27-2021 at 12:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    She has the ability to rearrange the atomic structure of gas, liquid, and solid yet I don't see anything confirming she can control Strong Force. Yet she still does it.

Storm took the energy of millions of Stars and turned herself into one yet I don't see anything confirming She manipulated strong Force, Weak Force, and Gravity. Yet she still did it.

Storm used the full power of the sun which would result in all the forces. Yet I don't see anything confirming she manipulated those forces yet she still did.

Storm has manipulated several forms of radiation before I don't see anything stated she can control weak force. Yet she still did it.

The only force that was confirmed Storm controls was when she fought Clor. That still doesn't take away from the rest of her feats.

And I can go on.
    Many people are saying many things but I have over the last few days come to realize that it may be futile to even argue what she can and cannot do. By definition she as an omega weather manipulator has virtually unlimited weather manipulating abilities. This allows her to perform "miracles" when it comes to weather phenomena as Mbaku said there is lightning in space if storm wishes it. The problem is would writer's be willing to let her go the distance? Because the question is not can she or she should be able, but rather would she actually do it? And that would depend on the writer writing her. People need to go read the definition of a miracle before speaking on storm.

We as storm fans just want her to explore her immeasurable potential to a very high degree it's only fittings as most of not all omega mutants on that list are allowed to explore the depth and breath of their powers without prosecution.

For all of us whom seem to not understand storms powers I would define them one last time for you in caps so you hear me clearly, STORM HAS THE OMEGA ABILITY TO PERCEIVE AND MANIPULATE ALL FORCES, ENERGIES AND ELEMENTS THAT GOVERN AND DETERMINE WEATHER THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE AND VERY POSSIBLY BEYOND!

Make from that what y'all will.