Page 326 of 772 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    While what Storm achieved was impressive in technicality, the way it was written and shown was very underwhelming imo. She’s creating the climate but can’t have more than one text box to talk about it? And the panel is just lightning… I would have loved to see wind and energy patterns and whatnot. Meanwhile, Jean didn’t technically do much, but her presence was much stronger in this issue than Storm, and had multiple full panels and text boxes dedicated to what she was doing. It just the way Storm was written did not reflect the magnitude of what she achieved. To any casual reader, it’s no more impressive than the one panel dedicated to Iceman or to Vulcan or to Proteus. Plus, in the last full-text pages, they can mention Iceman freezing the surface but can’t throw in a mention to Storm? Mmhm if they wanted her to have created the magnetosphere they should have mentioned it imo.
    I agree with your first point. I made a summary statement a few pages back. visually it would have been nice to see the atmosphere on a global scale going from one that was "dead" to one starting to stir with clouds, life, and mobility.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The past editorial notes and statements didn't obscure imagination they even fueled it more in stronger detail. Comics aren't the bible there are no twenty eight interpretations to one statement. Storm crated a climate is storm creating a climate plain and simple any thing added well isn't cannon and as such redundant to the mythos or story being said.
    Storm created a Martian climate. Absolutely. I thought there was something poetic in how Duggan described what she was doing.
    "...as her thunder reigns from on high...the Goddess marries the land and sea with winds that will nourish this mutant garden-world forevermore"
    Yes, it's up for some measure of interpretation as it doesn't say just how she's doing it in exact detail but at the end of it all...Storm created an entire planetary weather system basically from scratch.

(And even if they explicitly said HOW she did it...there would still be a few in here wanting to "debate" that it can't be as described.)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-16-2021 at 01:20 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Sword better deliver, I’m tired of the fake window dressing that goes no where
    Same. I'm hoping SWORD gets really good soon.

yes that's why I thought it was impressive she created an entire ecosystem on a global scale from nothing essentially. this is a first so not sure why it would be an issue. it in and of itself was a great feat.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It was a beauty-full moment. I enjoy it and appreciate it, fully and without reservation.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

There is nothing at all wrong with those enjoying the showing in Planet Sized, and I wasn’t trying to make anyone feel guilty for that. I just personally feel it’s crumbs though a very good and beautiful showing. As long as they continue the momentum then I’m good but past experiences makes me doubtful is all. Congrats to the showing though

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    There is nothing at all wrong with those enjoying the showing in Planet Sized, and I wasn’t trying to make anyone feel guilty for that. I just personally feel it’s crumbs though a very good and beautiful showing. As long as they continue the momentum then I’m good but past experiences makes me doubtful is all. Congrats to the showing though
    I think its fair to be measured or unimpressed considering what has been done in the past. it almost July and we still don't know what she will be doing moving forward. acknowledging this doesn't take away from what she did in planet size.

we ultimately just want storm to get her lroper due beyond being a supporting character and shooting lightning.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-16-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Personally, Whatever happens in SWORD is happening in SWORD. It could be as awesome, even more awesome, or not worth the time it took to write it (it's Ewing so I doubt that)...but that's next week.

Today...Storm did THAT.

Count me as another one that didn't really care what Storm did in planet size. Although I do think her new potential role is a fresh and potentially great new direction for the character. So many possibilities, so in that aspect I am fine with what has been hinted at so far. It feels weighty and significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Count me as another one that didn't really care what Storm did in planet size. Although I do think her new potential role is a fresh and potentially great new direction for the character. So many possibilities, so in that aspect I am fine with what has been hinted at so far. It feels weighty and significant.
    why didn't you care for it, if you don't mind going into that detail?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Well I never meant to take away your joy, I just want more meat to the narrative reserved to Ororo, duggan did very little with her despite all those marauders issues, she needs to lead not just formally but substantially

Don't mind that person you don't steal my joy. I just came back down to earth. I cherish this feat immensely but I am not blinded to the ways of the xoffice in regards to storm just hope the more in store for her is worth the wait and anticipation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Storm created a Martian climate. Absolutely. I thought there was something poetic in how Duggan described what she was doing.
    "...as her thunder reigns from on high...the Goddess marries the land and sea with winds that will nourish this mutant garden-world forevermore"
    Yes, it's up for some measure of interpretation as it doesn't say just how she's doing it in exact detail but at the end of it all...Storm created an entire planetary weather system basically from scratch.

(And even if they explicitly said HOW she did it...there would still be a few in here wanting to "debate" that it can't be as described.)
    Yh like I said she created the planets climate it's literally stated in the panel. No need to think far.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Don't mind that person you don't steal my joy. I just came back down to earth. I cherish this feat immensely but I am not blinded to the ways of the xoffice in regards to storm just hope the more in store for her is worth the wait and anticipation.
    me too boo I'm still would love to see the goddess thing explored but if she is a galatic diplomat fighting to preserve peace throughout the solar system I can work with that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think its fair to be measured or unimpressed considering what has been done in the past. it almost July and we still don't know what she will be doing moving forward. acknowledging this doesn't take away from what she did in planet size.

we ultimately just want storm to get her lroper due beyond being a supporting character and shooting lightning.
    Perfectly said. No one is saying what happened today wasn't amazing it shut down some very stupid debates. But I am not gonna sit here and be unrealistic about the xoffice they gotta do more proving to get me to believe they have a plan. I mean storm could get a new fancy title added to her LONG! list of fancy titles and just do nothing except shoot lightning and throw knives. But in a surprising turn of event she could do more and actually have expansion to charachter and powerset. But that based on past track record is unlikely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    me too boo I'm still would love to see the goddess thing explored but if she is a galatic diplomat fighting to preserve peace throughout the solar system I can work with that
    Yh like don't just say the goddess and then not show what that means. And her divinity is separate from her mutation that should be addressed. I would have loved a new book for storm and her interactions with the arrako mutants they showing her the way and helping her grow.