Page 115 of 772 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 11576

The first post in this thread - amazing detail gathering!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Let's see Ororo take the world by storm, this year!
    I see what you did there.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So im hearing whispers that writers are wanting to pitch a storm solo. Writers who have expressed the following or fall into the following categories imho do no need to be considered for such project:

1. Have difficulty writing her using her powers beyond lightning and/or wind
    2. Believe that she holds being a mutant above everything else
    3. Believe that she is solely a weather manipulator
    4. Thinks her being a goddess is nonsense
    5. Believes Storm shouldn't or does not see race
    6. Refuse to explore aspects of her story beyond being an Xman and/or mutant
    7. Do not want to discuss the intersectionality of being a black woman/mutant/goddess
    8. Cannot create rogues and/or use existing ones that compliment her powerset.
    9. Prefers to rehash old story beats that have been bludgeoned to death (i.e., Callisto, Morlocks)
    10. Have an apathy towards Storm and/or Xmen and/or mutantkind

I personally also would prefer a writer that includes her relationship to T'Challa but this detail i dont believe is pivotal to telling a storm solo. Nevertheless, if any of the above apply to you I do not think said writer would do a storm solo any justice.
    Spot on. Writers definitely need to move on from #1 and #9.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

yes this is why some fans were complaining about that as the black woman blue eyes thing was a storm trait.
    Yeah, her eyes going white seemed very Storm as well when she is "losing" her pupils. I certainly hope that is not what they felt what they needed to do or what Marvel usually does to all the POC. That just happened to be Storms mutation. I'll... try not to judge and that may just be the effects they chose.

JIM lee did this 80's costume justice being the quintisential 90's artist. She looks majestic and badass - and beautiful of course.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-01-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's definitely a very, very long shot...given the X-Office's tight reigns on all things/characters X-Krakoa but...I wish Mr. G. Thorne the best of luck in his attempt to pitch a Storm solo to the X-Heads.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-01-2021 at 09:04 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Right at the point!
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Spot on. Writers definitely need to move on from #1 and #9.
    Thank you both. if storm is to be a viable solo character i don't think a writer can behold any of those listed attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    The first post in this thread - amazing detail gathering!

I see what you did there.

we storm fans are truly passionate about our All-Goddess and only want nothing for the best for her. thank you for your kind words and thank all the storms fans who contributed to the op!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yeah, her eyes going white seemed very Storm as well when she is "losing" her pupils. I certainly hope that is not what they felt what they needed to do or what Marvel usually does to all the POC. That just happened to be Storms mutation. I'll... try not to judge and that may just be the effects they chose.

JIM lee did this 80's costume justice being the quintisential 90's artist. She looks majestic and badass - and beautiful of course.

thanks for the information. its hard not to judge knowing Storm's actual iconic esthetics.

nice image too thank you for sharing!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So im hearing whispers that writers are wanting to pitch a storm solo. Writers who have expressed the following or fall into the following categories imho do no need to be considered for such project:

1. Have difficulty writing her using her powers beyond lightning and/or wind
    2. Believe that she holds being a mutant above everything else
    3. Believe that she is solely a weather manipulator
    4. Thinks her being a goddess is nonsense
    5. Believes Storm shouldn't or does not see race
    6. Refuse to explore aspects of her story beyond being an Xman and/or mutant
    7. Do not want to discuss the intersectionality of being a black woman/mutant/goddess
    8. Cannot create rogues and/or use existing ones that compliment her powerset.
    9. Prefers to rehash old story beats that have been bludgeoned to death (i.e., Callisto, Morlocks)
    10. Have an apathy towards Storm and/or Xmen and/or mutantkind

I personally also would prefer a writer that includes her relationship to T'Challa but this detail i dont believe is pivotal to telling a storm solo. Nevertheless, if any of the above apply to you I do not think said writer would do a storm solo any justice.
    Good points. 6, 7, & 8 really need to be stressed.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Good points. 6, 7, & 8 really need to be stressed.
    thank you so much friend. I really don't think these are too much to ask for but after years of reading her stories it really appeared this needed to be said.

not sure where this image is from but I loved the message

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

0:43 - 1:37 (some spoilers from His Dark Materials HBO) gave me SERIOUS Storm vibes:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

0:43 - 1:37 (some spoilers from His Dark Materials HBO) gave me SERIOUS Storm vibes:

ha that was some definte storm vibes however I must leave with this:

often imitated never duplicated.

that has me excited for what may come for her in the mcu!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-02-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Makes me think of Bloodstorm too, with the mist forms/seemingly superhuman speed. Is this show good? I hadn't heard of it before.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Makes me think of Bloodstorm too, with the mist forms/seemingly superhuman speed. Is this show good? I hadn't heard of it before.
    I saw the first few episodes of season 1 and thought it was just ok. Others have told me that the show gets better in later episodes though.

Now that you mentioned it, I can definitely see the Bloodstorm vibes as well. Vampiric abilities + mutant powers really made Bloodstorm into a serious force to be reckoned with. She deserved better.
    Last edited by nj06; 03-02-2021 at 08:22 PM.

thank you so much friend. I really don't think these are too much to ask for but after years of reading her stories it really appeared this needed to be said.

not sure where this image is from but I loved the message

That says a lot. Nice way to give her a power boost when the story needs it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That says a lot. Nice way to give her a power boost when the story needs it.
    I assume that the meme above is supposed to be absolute proof that Ororo can never lose a battle to anyone or anything, huh? I wonder how Ororo would fair if an Omega Telepath suddenly put all of her worshipers into a deep sleep...
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-02-2021 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Thought amendment(s).

Y'all hear something? Me neither. Anyway, I think I may start back posting a lot more. Long live the goddess!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Thanks for posting. God if we could be so lucky to get some visual like this. Especially with the white hair and parachute capes wings, ::Nerdgasm:::

And the scene with her flying through the storm can we get an aerial battle with a sentinel please.