Page 116 of 772 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That says a lot. Nice way to give her a power boost when the story needs it.
    yea Coates is and will always be one of the best storm writers in my book. when every xwriter ran away from making her a literal goddess he instead did just that:

as you said it makes it easy for a writer to give her a greater source of power when it is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Y'all hear something? Me neither. Anyway, I think I may start back posting a lot more. Long live the goddess!
    lololol I'm so happy you will be posting more!

and yes hadari yao be praised!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'll give coates the goddess thing but that's it. I still think he is a trash writer when it comes to comics. I was forcing myself to go back over his stuff including his cap. No one talks like that, storm doesn't, cap doesn't, tchalla doesn't. They just need to let him write the riddler because no of his characters say anything but riddles and ask more questions. Like go get on a couch with oprah. But I hear he may be doing a movie so best of luck to him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I assume that the meme above is supposed to be absolute proof that Ororo can never lose a battle to anyone or anything, huh? I wonder how Ororo would fair if an Omega Telepath suddenly put all of her worshipers into a deep sleep...
    Personally if I was her I would just up the electric disturbance in their brain or create a lightning storm with some loud ass thunder. Telepaths need to concentrate but storm doesn't. Well if she is just trying to wreck an area she doesn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Another Ororo.

Attachment 106783

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'll give coates the goddess thing but that's it. I still think he is a trash writer when it comes to comics. I was forcing myself to go back over his stuff including his cap. No one talks like that, storm doesn't, cap doesn't, tchalla doesn't. They just need to let him write the riddler because no of his characters say anything but riddles and ask more questions. Like go get on a couch with oprah. But I hear he may be doing a movie so best of luck to him.
    He tried a thing...it worked for all of a minute. And thank the Goddess we're moving on.
    Because going by that logic, only Kenyans and Wakandans can elevate Storm to Godhood. Anywhere else in the world, where she doesn't have any devout followers and in such great numbers, she would have to rely on her plain, simple, less than magnificent and boring mutant abilities to win the day.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    He tried a thing...it worked for all of a minute. And thank the Goddess we're moving on.
    Because going by that logic, only Kenyans and Wakandans can elevate Storm to Godhood. Anywhere else in the world, where she doesn't have any devout followers and in such great numbers, she would have to rely on her plain, simple, less than magnificent and boring mutant abilities to win the day.
    It also makes absolutely no sense that he said her godhood was a gift of birth beyond her mutation but then in the very same story he set the precedent as the scans show that anyone with formidable powers who has enough people believe in them can be a god. So was he really saying she is a goddess and if she is to him why the faith thing. Faith should only increase her divine powers not be the necessity. Then add on top of that she was worshiped for over a decade so why would she be surprised by going "goddess" from the prayers of wakandian citizens. And shouldn't she still, by coates own story, have already been a goddess because even in recent stories some may not have believed she was a goddess but a lot of people still did. It just doesn't stand up to logic if i go by his own arc and what we know of Ororo history. It's hard to be happy or excited about something that in 5 years still doesn't make sense. And if she was this Hadari Yaoi thing, why is it only being brought up now? It's a piss poor story with a lot of plot holes. and thats just one scene i dissected.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I assume that the meme above is supposed to be absolute proof that Ororo can never lose a battle to anyone or anything, huh? I wonder how Ororo would fair if an Omega Telepath suddenly put all of her worshipers into a deep sleep...
    They would just be a sleep. Storm still has her powers without being worshipped.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

And that's not even touching on the implication that Ororo basically was implying bast was a liar. Tchalla in that scene is saying he has seen Bast, and Ororo is implying bast may be god now but that doesn't mean that is what Bast always was. But then you cut to the current issue that plot like many others must have been dropped and somewhere between the panels ororo replaced, then joined the orisha, or did she join them and then replace them? And somehow they are just standing there, just like chilling after being gone for so long they had to show up to watch black on black crime because It's intergalatic Wakanda vs. Prime wakanda. Good lordt.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea Coates is and will always be one of the best storm writers in my book. when every xwriter ran away from making her a literal goddess he instead did just that:

as you said it makes it easy for a writer to give her a greater source of power when it is warranted.

What issues are these from please?

I would like to read up on this. I like the artwork.

And I remember that pose of Ororo---it was when X found her in Kenya and asked her to return with him to free the X-Men. Ororo was being worshipped by her people.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Found these's sites while doing a search for Black Panther #172

Farid-ul-Haq | September 12, 2018

Phillip Pratt | February 7, 2020
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-03-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Who's that white woman in the last panel?

not sure what you mean by storm doesn't speak like that but I think you should check out some old uncanny xmen Claremont storm issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Another Ororo.

Attachment 106783
    thats really nice thank you for sharing!!

It also makes absolutely no sense that he said her godhood was a gift of birth beyond her mutation but then in the very same story he set the precedent as the scans show that anyone with formidable powers who has enough people believe in them can be a god. So was he really saying she is a goddess and if she is to him why the faith thing. Faith should only increase her divine powers not be the necessity. Then add on top of that she was worshiped for over a decade so why would she be surprised by going "goddess" from the prayers of wakandian citizens. And shouldn't she still, by coates own story, have already been a goddess because even in recent stories some may not have believed she was a goddess but a lot of people still did. It just doesn't stand up to logic if i go by his own arc and what we know of Ororo history. It's hard to be happy or excited about something that in 5 years still doesn't make sense. And if she was this Hadari Yaoi thing, why is it only being brought up now? It's a piss poor story with a lot of plot holes. and thats just one scene i dissected.
    the idea of faith energy is a marvel attribute that distinguisjed what it means to be a god in the mu. that precedent was already established in the mu lore well before coates:

also orishas per the definition is an aspect that is/can be passed down from ones ancestor so the gift of godhead language makes sense from that perspective

An orisha may be said to be a deity. Yet defining an orisha as a deity does not do justice to the concept, in large part because the term deity often suggests a sort of anthropomorphic supernatural entity. An orisha may be said to arise when a divine power to command and make things happen converges with a natural force, a deified ancestor, and an object that witnesses and supports that convergence and alignment. An orisha, therefore, is a complex multidimensional unity linking people, objects, and powers.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/orisha
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-03-2021 at 10:28 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    They would just be a sleep. Storm still has her powers without being worshipped.
    right and lets not forget her resistance to telepathy. her willpower held off both emma and jean from deeper probes when they entered her mind. her mental strength as displayed by the lions acted as a gatekeeper that both ladies had to contend with before entering deeper in her mind.

and she resisted the the combine might of professor x, oracle and psylocke so let's not with that today ok:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What issues are these from please?

I would like to read up on this. I like the artwork.

And I remember that pose of Ororo---it was when X found her in Kenya and asked her to return with him to free the X-Men. Ororo was being worshipped by her people.
    its from black panther issue 13. the artwork was gorgeous i completely agree.

you are absolutely correct my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she looks black to me.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-03-2021 at 10:30 AM.

more telepathic resistance scans here jean had phoenix but still acknowledged how she couldn't make deeper probes:

resisting Rachel's telepathy:

and can't forget this gem:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-03-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lol i thought the same thing. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.