Page 117 of 772 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    not sure what you mean by storm doesn't speak like that but I think you should check out some old uncanny xmen Claremont storm issues.

thats really nice thank you for sharing!!

the idea of faith energy is a marvel attribute that distinguisjed what it means to be a god in the mu. that precedent was already established in the mu lore well before coates:

also orishas per the definition is an aspect that is/can be passed down from ones ancestor so the gift of godhead language makes sense from that perspective

An orisha may be said to be a deity. Yet defining an orisha as a deity does not do justice to the concept, in large part because the term deity often suggests a sort of anthropomorphic supernatural entity. An orisha may be said to arise when a divine power to command and make things happen converges with a natural force, a deified ancestor, and an object that witnesses and supports that convergence and alignment. An orisha, therefore, is a complex multidimensional unity linking people, objects, and powers.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/orisha
    honestly i'm not clicking those links, i shoudn't have to do homework to help coates with his story. lol oh happy b-lated
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    honestly i'm not clicking those links, i shoudn't have to do homework to help coates with his story. lol oh happy b-lated
    thank you so much friend I really appreciate it:

you don't have to click the link it was just to provide source. I know people have said Coates interpretation of what it takes to be a god doesn't make sense but looking at the real world definition it makes sense how men can be an orisha. its definition is a multifaceted one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL Captain Marvel's words to Thor does speak to the ridiculousness of it all.
    "Claiming your entire status is defined by others? That's pathetic." underlines my main issue with Coates turning her into a Goddess in the manner that he did. Because prior to her fight with the Adversary, Storm never needed prayers and belief for any of the awesome feats she's accomplished in the past.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

if thor requires prayer as a divine being why is it an issue as it relates to storm?

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Makes me think of Bloodstorm too, with the mist forms/seemingly superhuman speed. Is this show good? I hadn't heard of it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I saw the first few episodes of season 1 and thought it was just ok. Others have told me that the show gets better in later episodes though.

Now that you mentioned it, I can definitely see the Bloodstorm vibes as well. Vampiric abilities + mutant powers really made Bloodstorm into a serious force to be reckoned with. She deserved better.
    It is really good, it picks up quite a bit in Season 2, and at the end of Season 1 is just a taste of what is to follow in Season 2. I do recommend watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    He tried a thing...it worked for all of a minute. And thank the Goddess we're moving on.
    Because going by that logic, only Kenyans and Wakandans can elevate Storm to Godhood. Anywhere else in the world, where she doesn't have any devout followers and in such great numbers, she would have to rely on her plain, simple, less than magnificent and boring mutant abilities to win the day.
    Godhood doesn't work like that and yet it does. Prayers make the Gods achieve their potential, however, for such prayers to even help for such potential, that potential must be in the roots, as well. If there is no Godhead in a normal human, regardless of how many worship them, they cannot become Gods, while someone who has a Godhead and even one pray can save their lives and elevate their power.

That is how I understand it.

And that's not even touching on the implication that Ororo basically was implying bast was a liar. Tchalla in that scene is saying he has seen Bast, and Ororo is implying bast may be god now but that doesn't mean that is what Bast always was. But then you cut to the current issue that plot like many others must have been dropped and somewhere between the panels ororo replaced, then joined the orisha, or did she join them and then replace them? And somehow they are just standing there, just like chilling after being gone for so long they had to show up to watch black on black crime because It's intergalatic Wakanda vs. Prime wakanda. Good lordt.
    What is with you and thinking that Black people don't fight or have any wars among them. The black tribes were one of the bloodied and most aggressive, violent ones that the world have seen. Black people fight a lot, they are usually born warriors, it has been so for ages now. In modern days is a bit better but still, most of the black people are born warriors, it is in their gene. Just because they are black, doesn't mean that they are all peaceful people, quite the opposite they can be quite the aggressive type.

Doesn't matter if someone is white or black, there will always be a fight, you can't separate one group from the other just because you think it is so when history and modern facts speak otherwise.

Plus, without fighting there won't be comics.

Nothing of Storm, this week? I am disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Nothing of Storm, this week? I am disappointed.
    nope but last week was pretty eventful with the news she is canonized as a Wakandan goddess!

LOL Captain Marvel's words to Thor does speak to the ridiculousness of it all.
    "Claiming your entire status is defined by others? That's pathetic." underlines my main issue with Coates turning her into a Goddess in the manner that he did. Because prior to her fight with the Adversary, Storm never needed prayers and belief for any of the awesome feats she's accomplished in the past.
    That was the point, she needed extra power/Devine power to take out the Adversary.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-03-2021 at 03:20 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That was the point, she need extra power/Devine power to take out the Adversary.
    yup thats it. and adversary in their first encounter it was noted he feared storm. maybe that hidden secret was why.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Godhood doesn't work like that and yet it does. Prayers make the Gods achieve their potential, however, for such prayers to even help for such potential, that potential must be in the roots, as well. If there is no Godhead in a normal human, regardless of how many worship them, they cannot become Gods, while someone who has a Godhead and even one pray can save their lives and elevate their power.

I fully understand the premise of it. What I'm saying is...for Storm it just doesn't ring true nor was it necessary.
    As JWat said...Seeing as how she was worshiped long before Xavier showed up, she should already be able to tap into her Godhead as it is her divine right. She shouldn't have needed the Wakandans falling to their knees in prayer for her to be able to defeat the Adversary.
    And as Captain Marvel alludes, that premise might be applicable to some, like Thor and the Asgardians, but it's clearly not a hard and fast rule for all Gods and Godly beings.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

It is really good, it picks up quite a bit in Season 2, and at the end of Season 1 is just a taste of what is to follow in Season 2. I do recommend watching it.

What is with you and thinking that Black people don't fight or have any wars among them. The black tribes were one of the bloodied and most aggressive, violent ones that the world have seen. Black people fight a lot, they are usually born warriors, it has been so for ages now. In modern days is a bit better but still, most of the black people are born warriors, it is in their gene. Just because they are black, doesn't mean that they are all peaceful people, quite the opposite they can be quite the aggressive type.

Doesn't matter if someone is white or black, there will always be a fight, you can't separate one group from the other just because you think it is so when history and modern facts speak otherwise.

Plus, without fighting there won't be comics.
    You can assume whatever you want from my post but i literally meant what i said. it is a fact the first time the orisha showed up in Bp was to watch Black on Black crime. Not when it was flooded, not when Advesary was attacking, they first show up for Black on Black crime per Coates pen. Anything outside of that statement is your assumption of what you feel i'm saying or in this case not saying.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

According to fake woke culture there is no such thing as blacks hurting or killing other blacks. Everything is everyone else's doing.

if thor requires prayer as a divine being why is it an issue as it relates to storm?
    Thor has his OWN book. Where he can do all that and not in Avengers or anyone else's book. Because those books are not obligated to acknowledge it. Same as post Coates Black Panther is not required to include Storm or have Wakanda worship her.

Once again when does she get her own book? When does that get adressed?

You can assume whatever you want from my post but i literally meant what i said. it is a fact the first time the orisha showed up in Bp was to watch Black on Black crime. Not when it was flooded, not when Advesary was attacking, they first show up for Black on Black crime per Coates pen. Anything outside of that statement is your assumption of what you feel i'm saying or in this case not saying.
    black on black crime??? what are you talking about? the orisha left wakanda and went to the galactic empire where all types of civilizations were warring with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    According to fake woke culture there is no such thing as blacks hurting or killing other blacks. Everything is everyone else's doing.

Thor has his OWN book. Where he can do all that and not in Avengers or anyone else's book. Because those books are not obligated to acknowledge it. Same as post Coates Black Panther is not required to include Storm or have Wakanda worship her.

Once again when does she get her own book? When does that get adressed?
    I never said other books have to acknowledge it but Thor and his mythos established how the Gods of Marvel came to be. His lore also established what makes a God, which is dependent on worshippers (faith/prayer). So it would make sense that seeing this is the precedent established in MU canon that Coates would follow suit with this concept. It has nothing to do with her having her own book or not.

In regards to her getting her own book im not holding my breathe with that.

I fully understand the premise of it. What I'm saying is...for Storm it just doesn't ring true nor was it necessary.
    As JWat said...Seeing as how she was worshiped long before Xavier showed up, she should already be able to tap into her Godhead as it is her divine right. She shouldn't have needed the Wakandans falling to their knees in prayer for her to be able to defeat the Adversary.
    And as Captain Marvel alludes, that premise might be applicable to some, like Thor and the Asgardians, but it's clearly not a hard and fast rule for all Gods and Godly beings.
    I do agree with you on that one but I have to admit that there is something pleasing in seeing one of the most powerful Warriors in MU, the Black Panther, falling down to his knees before Ororo to worship her as a Goddess. I really like that concept, because it shows how even the most powerful men and women, know when they are outmatched or outpowered or in the presence of something divine.