Page 118 of 772 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I do agree with you on that one but I have to admit that there is something pleasing in seeing one of the most powerful Warriors in MU, the Black Panther, falling down to his knees before Ororo to worship her as a Goddess. I really like that concept, because it shows how even the most powerful men and women, know when they are outmatched or outpowered or in the presence of something divine.
    the scan from issue 13 established that she did feel more powerful when people believed in her and it even showed her as she appeared when she was a goddess. It wasn't until Xavier told her she was living a fantasy that she denied that aspect of herself.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-03-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Those beautiful eyes showing up in my art again.
    Attachment 106812

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Those beautiful eyes showing up in my art again.
    Attachment 106812
    I love those lashes and how dramatic they are!!! Work it boo thanks again for sharing.

Also are those recent pieces or ones you created from a while back?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The sheer absurdity of it all...
    In a fit of PIS, Coates sidelined the "Orishas" and Wakanda's very own Goddess and protector Bast without reason and explanation just so he could turn Storm into a Goddess by the very same people who were born worshipping and praying to Bast. From a storytelling/plot perspective how the frak does that make any sense?
    If Bast was a jealous petty God...she would revoke her protection from Wakanda and her royal Avatars for their fickleness. Let them pray and call out to their new Goddess of Wakanda.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-03-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    now this is nice to see! I wish Marvel would wake the hell up and give their Most Popular Female character the proper attention she deserves. Solo book, solo movie, solo video game, etc., where is it????

Thank you for sharing boo!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    now this is nice to see! I wish Marvel would wake the hell up and give their Most Popular Female character the proper attention she deserves. Solo book, solo movie, solo video game, etc., where is it????

If only them saying that she anchored her own book for a long time was true... with the endless X-Men spin-offs i need at least ONE book to feature her as the lead (but for real just give us a solo).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If only them saying that she anchored her own book for a long time was true... with the endless X-Men spin-offs i need at least ONE book to feature her as the lead (but for real just give us a solo).
    I thought the same thing.

Though in hindsight the solo was good for what it was. It must have been frustrating for Pak to write a book where essentially his hands were tied. I wouldn't mind if he got a second shot in this new era with the backstage stuff now over.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

You're Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I thought the same thing.

Though in hindsight the solo was good for what it was. It must have been frustrating for Pak to write a book where essentially his hands were tied. I wouldn't mind if he got a second shot in this new era with the backstage stuff now over.
    Oh really? What Happened?

I was today old when I came to the realization that Storm is the only X-Men with a cape.
    I still don't count Mags as an X-Men,

I was just visualize MCU Storm winged capes shots, from bellowing landing to up draft to , back shots, how it covers her standing and somewhat resemble an outfit and how it collapse as she shoots through the air.

But then I was like are they really going to waste time doing her cape justice. It was one of the major grind and let downs in the FoXmen movies. Either she didn't have it, or it look super cheap to catch the fans but it did not need to look it , or it was a horrible cut.
    As per the MCUAvengers movie I can only count Thor and Doc strange and Vision.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 03-03-2021 at 10:33 PM.

I love those lashes and how dramatic they are!!! Work it boo thanks again for sharing.

Also are those recent pieces or ones you created from a while back?
    Did these yesterday, but I have to do the full face then crop or it goes wrong! Ororo’s eyelashes are a bit over the top!
    But her eyes are beautiful. I don’t like it when artists give her blank eyes unless she’s using her powers. Her eyes should reflect the colours of the sky.

I’d like her to lead a book, no idea why she isn’t, there are so many stories about her and her place in the world which haven’t been told yet. She’s been my favourite female mutant for forty one years.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's probably not as though writers aren't pitching solo stories for her (and many other characters) from time to time. (much more goes on behind the scenes than just sitting at a desk writing-editing-drawing-scripting etc.)
    And it more than likely has to do with waiting for the right-writer-and right time-with the right-pitch ...to fall in line with the current story/era trajectory. And such decisions aren't made lightly or in a vacuum separate from everything else going on.

We might be interested in her history but probably not many actual writers are.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Wow Jean Grey is really not liked much lol. I love Storm's placement and her popularity will rise especially now that Mutants will be introduced into the MCU. I think Omega Red will be in the new Falcon and Winter Soldier movie

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    agreed with this 100%. I need the X-offices to put the same energy the avengers side does with Carol and her poor selling books. no shade just stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Did these yesterday, but I have to do the full face then crop or it goes wrong! Ororo’s eyelashes are a bit over the top!
    But her eyes are beautiful. I don’t like it when artists give her blank eyes unless she’s using her powers. Her eyes should reflect the colours of the sky.

I’d like her to lead a book, no idea why she isn’t, there are so many stories about her and her place in the world which haven’t been told yet. She’s been my favourite female mutant for forty one years.
    Yes Yes And Yes to the blank eyes. That is a big pet peeve of mine too. If she isn't using her powers it serves no purpose to show her with white eyes.

I love that she has been your favorite over time as she has. This character is loved by so many and has endured much especially after Claremont stopped writing her. hopefully with the xmen back in the marvel house she will finally get the push she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Wow Jean Grey is really not liked much lol. I love Storm's placement and her popularity will rise especially now that Mutants will be introduced into the MCU. I think Omega Red will be in the new Falcon and Winter Soldier movie
    seeing how much she has been underrepresented following the xmen's popularity and the Avengers push over the xmen by marvel entertainment i believe its a testament to storms staying power. no gimmicks, no 100s of retcons to make her more important/powerful than she was originally conceived, not a derivative of popular male characters and yet she falls right behind WW who i believe does deserve the top spot. if Marvel would truly invest in Storm as a character she could be respected to the level that WW is in an organic way that isn't forced as it obviously has been with captain marvel.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-04-2021 at 01:39 PM.

agreed with this 100%. I need the X-offices to put the same energy the avengers side does with Carol and her poor selling books. no shade just stating the facts.

Yes Yes And Yes to the blank eyes. That is a big pet peeve of mine too. If she isn't using her powers it serves no purpose to show her with white eyes.

I love that she has been your favorite over time as she has. This character is loved by so many and has endured much especially after Claremont stopped writing her. hopefully with the xmen back in the marvel house she will finally get the push she deserves.

seeing how much she has been underrepresented following the xmen's popularity and the Avengers push over the xmen by marvel entertainment i believe its a testament to storms staying power. no gimmicks, no 100s of retcons to make her more important/powerful than she was originally conceived, not a derivative of popular male characters and yet she falls right behind WW who i believe does deserve the top spot. if Marvel would truly invest in Storm as a character she could be respected to the level that WW is in an organic way that isn't forced as it obviously has been with captain marvel.
    Don’t underestimate her appeal, she’s a superb black female role model but she’s also just an incredible female icon, no matter your ethnicity.

It’s like Black Panther, my favourite Marvel film. It was astonishing for its use of an all black cast in front of camera and crew and creative team. Because of this new and refreshing film making we also got so many women in interesting roles which went way beyond the girlfriend or the mother. Serendipity; in giving us a new angle on the superhero, we also got a different view on female characters.
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 03-04-2021 at 02:14 PM.