Page 119 of 772 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 11576

I found another interesting article. Top weddings, check who's wedding is the top one:

https://screenrant.com/ranking-most-...pI2GJJm8dXyLL4

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I found another interesting article. Top weddings, check who's wedding is the top one:

https://screenrant.com/ranking-most-...pI2GJJm8dXyLL4
    Storm is winning!!! I love to see it and her boo as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Don’t underestimate her appeal, she’s a superb black female role model but she’s also just an incredible female icon, no matter your ethnicity.

It’s like Black Panther, my favourite Marvel film. It was astonishing for its use of an all black cast in front of camera and crew and creative team. Because of this new and refreshing film making we also got so many women in interesting roles which went way beyond the girlfriend or the mother. Serendipity; in giving us a new angle on the superhero, we also got a different view on female characters.
    Beautifully said beloved!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed with this 100%. I need the X-offices to put the same energy the avengers side does with Carol and her poor selling books. no shade just stating the facts.

Yes Yes And Yes to the blank eyes. That is a big pet peeve of mine too. If she isn't using her powers it serves no purpose to show her with white eyes.

I love that she has been your favorite over time as she has. This character is loved by so many and has endured much especially after Claremont stopped writing her. hopefully with the xmen back in the marvel house she will finally get the push she deserves.

seeing how much she has been underrepresented following the xmen's popularity and the Avengers push over the xmen by marvel entertainment i believe its a testament to storms staying power. no gimmicks, no 100s of retcons to make her more important/powerful than she was originally conceived, not a derivative of popular male characters and yet she falls right behind WW who i believe does deserve the top spot. if Marvel would truly invest in Storm as a character she could be respected to the level that WW is in an organic way that isn't forced as it obviously has been with captain marvel.
    I agree and im just so excited but I just know in my heart that Storm will be making solo appearances in the MCU without having to be with the X-Men.

False alarm, Monica's eyes change color, but the part of me that reads too much into things thinks the initial color choice was a deliberate Storm reference. It feels too hopeful to type, but I get the sense Storm's placement and introduction in the MCU is getting fast tracked compared to some of her comic costars. I am cautiously optimistic, but god knows, I've been burnt before.

Scientists say there is a first-ever 600-mile wide space hurricane above the North Pole! I wonder if Ororo created this for some reason, lol?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    False alarm, Monica's eyes change color, but the part of me that reads too much into things thinks the initial color choice was a deliberate Storm reference. It feels too hopeful to type, but I get the sense Storm's placement and introduction in the MCU is getting fast tracked compared to some of her comic costars. I am cautiously optimistic, but god knows, I've been burnt before.
    I never felt that her eyes changing colors was a nod to Storm. It's more of a nod to her powers and they change depending on the spectrum of light Monica is utilizing. If her eyes went white during all moves, THEN WE SHOULD RIOT. But that's not the case.

Meanwhile I do think that we'll see Storm nods likely in BPII but I don't know that she'll appear now that T'Challa is dead and not being recast. I could be wrong but that's my guess that they will reference a powerful goddess in Kenya and perhaps a post-credit scene showing her. But I don't foresee getting anything substantial before the X-Men movie happens. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I agree and im just so excited but I just know in my heart that Storm will be making solo appearances in the MCU without having to be with the X-Men.
    me too!!!! storm will finally get the attention she deserves. its been a long time coming.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-05-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

so crisis averted fans. Monica energy signature isn't blue nor is her eyes. Maybe Marvel heard the complaints of the fans:

yes agreed but as phoenix said maybe she has an array of colors it changes to but I don't think it can be denied what you stated about the blue eyes.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-05-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I never felt that her eyes changing colors was a nod to Storm. It's more of a nod to her powers and they change depending on the spectrum of light Monica is utilizing. If her eyes went white during all moves, THEN WE SHOULD RIOT. But that's not the case.

Meanwhile I do think that we'll see Storm nods likely in BPII but I don't know that she'll appear now that T'Challa is dead and not being recast. I could be wrong but that's my guess that they will reference a powerful goddess in Kenya and perhaps a post-credit scene showing her. But I don't foresee getting anything substantial before the X-Men movie happens. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.
    Yeah, I definitely don't think we'll get anything substantive before an X-men movie, I only meant she might be one of the first mutants we glimpse, which would be kinda cool. I hadn't considered marvel shying away from a storm appearance given the loss of Boseman and BP, but I can understand the logic.

As for the blue eyes thing, its fully a reach on my end, but I do think it was maybe meant to be a very subtle homage to another very famous black heroine. Just the faintest of nods, but I don't think anything was really meant by it beyond that. Regardless, it'd be a throw away detail even if that was the case. My head canon that there was a storm fan in the writers room stands
    Last edited by Baby_Hater666; 03-05-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Scientists say there is a first-ever 600-mile wide space hurricane above the North Pole! I wonder if Ororo created this for some reason, lol?
    This makes my climate change anxiety itch so badly.

This makes my climate change anxiety itch so badly.
    Sorry Baby, did not mean to do that. Just wanted to relate it to Ororo. Maybe she was getting rid of some Brood invaders.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sorry Baby, did not mean to do that. Just wanted to relate it to Ororo. Maybe she was getting rid of some Brood invaders.
    I like to think think she was magnifying cell phone reception to send a one word text.

Reply: YES if you wish to stop receiving these messages- "CRACK THE HEAVENS!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so crisis averted fans. Monica energy signature isn't blue nor is her eyes. Maybe Marvel heard the complaints of the fans:

yes agreed but as phoenix said maybe she has an array of colors it changes to but I don't think it can be denied what you stated about the blue eyes.
    Perhaps, Monica's eyes simply change to that color of that Electromagnetic Spectrum depending on which frequency she's utilizing at the time.

Attachment 106901
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-05-2021 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Picture(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Perhaps, Monica's eyes simply change to that color of that Electromagnetic Spectrum depending on which frequency she's utilizing at the time.

Attachment 106901
    yes that is probably right and would make sense.

Monica Rambeau...living rent free in Ororo Munroe's Appreciation Thread INDEED.
    Have Ororo/Monica ever c-starred when both characters possessed their powers? The Original SECRET WARS series is the only occasion I can recall. It's almost a meta-commentary of female characters of color being empowered, not in competition, and not interchangeable...

I just found this comic book kickstarter from the peri-pandemic period that would co-star both women, it would be neat if it, and our ladies, got some support.
    https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...he-meme-queen/