Page 120 of 772 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so crisis averted fans. Monica energy signature isn't blue nor is her eyes. Maybe Marvel heard the complaints of the fans:

yes agreed but as phoenix said maybe she has an array of colors it changes to but I don't think it can be denied what you stated about the blue eyes.
    I'm glad it gold. She been called the Golden Avenger since she joined the team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Monica Rambeau...living rent free in Ororo Munroe's Appreciation Thread INDEED.
    Have Ororo/Monica ever c-starred when both characters possessed their powers? The Original SECRET WARS series is the only occasion I can recall. It's almost a meta-commentary of female characters of color being empowered, not in competition, and not interchangeable...

I just found this comic book kickstarter from the peri-pandemic period that would co-star both women, it would be neat if it, and our ladies, got some support.
    https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...he-meme-queen/
    Monica is just visiting.

Also, Storm as Regina. I can somewhat see it. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

so crisis averted fans. Monica energy signature isn't blue nor is her eyes. Maybe Marvel heard the complaints of the fans:

yes agreed but as phoenix said maybe she has an array of colors it changes to but I don't think it can be denied what you stated about the blue eyes.
    Marvel does not care about Storm fans complaining about her being the only black female character allowed to have blue eyes. Monica's eyes changed color depending on the type of energy she was around in whichever episode.

How would y’all feel if marvel made storm a witch in the Mcu? Or better yet just a African goddess instead of a mutant.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Marvel does not care about Storm fans complaining about her being the only black female character allowed to have blue eyes. Monica's eyes changed color depending on the type of energy she was around in whichever episode.
    This.

She had a blue-ish energy aura when she first manifested her powers. Now she's manifesting a golden signature, and golden eyes.
    And besides...

This is a TV series, the decisions to portray Monica's power signatures as we see them would have been locked in post production and editing...long before the series even started airing.

They didn't read the few Storm-fans' silly complaints after watching episode 7 and then hurriedly decided to change it to gold for episode 9...two weeks later. That's not how these things work.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

duplicate post
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-06-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    How would y’all feel if marvel made storm a witch in the Mcu? Or better yet just a African goddess instead of a mutant.
    Was just thinking about this today. Would love for the whole movie building her godhood or Disney plus Ororo : The girl who became a goddess.series and then just have Xaiver trash the entire thing with , your a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm glad it gold. She been called the Golden Avenger since she joined the team.
    me too and that is something I didn't know even more reason her energy signature should be gold.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    of course it was storm fans complaining that resulted in this correction. marvel knows not to mess with us and that's just that on that:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Was just thinking about this today. Would love for the whole movie building her godhood or Disney plus Ororo : The girl who became a goddess.series and then just have Xaiver trash the entire thing with , your a mutant.
    that would be cool but personally I need and want so badly for her to have a solo movie. its time for the true first Lady of marvel to flex her muscles. please African goddess storm as well who isn't given her power by an ancient villain who worships the ground Mystique walks on.

and Xavier was trash for that. I love that ororo still questions that ordeal however:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-06-2021 at 01:11 PM.

that would be cool but personally I need and want so badly for her to have a solo movie. its time for the true first Lady of marvel to flex her muscles. please African goddess storm as well who isn't given her power by an ancient villain who worships the ground Mystique walks on.

and Xavier was trash for that. I love that ororo still questions that ordeal however:

White savior complex he thought she was better off working for him in his mansion then saving black lives in a poor Kenyan village lol

I honestly don't know how I feel about it, but I do know that I will dislike it big time if it has anything to do with magic since Storm's powers were always psionic and not magical. However, I am intrigued by the idea of exploring her godhood in the movies or in solo animation.

It is interesting if Xavier really did tamper with her mind back then, so he can make her come. I would question it myself. She was worshipped as a Goddess and everyone loved her and feared her, and suddenly she accepts a stranger offer to join a mutant team. Yeah, it sounds fishy.

I'd prefer her to stay a mutant, though I wouldn't mind if they made her weather powers stronger to Thor's

I was having a little discussion on twitter and curious on the storm fans thoughts here. did you like how storm was characterized in xmen red? for me going in to it I was hopeful that she would be showcased in a favorable manner but as the story progressed that became apparent not to be the case. some of the things I didn't care for were her relationships with characters like tchalla and merino being secondary to jean who never even knew them prior to the book, and her lowballing of powers such as her trying to kill herself with lightning and forgetting she can manipulate ocean currents. also, for her and jean to be "sisters" there interactions never felt as such. I think the book would have been better for me had storm not been in the book but what are your thoughts?

Jean talking more to T'Challa than Ororo did and they were in a relationship??? hmmm no no:

Storm trying to kill herself with lightning being immune to the elements??? uhm no thanks:

and did storm even say one word to nehzno the boy she helped mentor and respected hr for being queen of wakanda:

the execution was really poorly done imho

White savior complex he thought she was better off working for him in his mansion then saving black lives in a poor Kenyan village lol
    baby booom!!!! you are speaking facts right there. the privilege and belittling of her culture and importance within it was so glaringly offensive its a shame Ororo response wasn't blowing his ass back to NY on a hurricane lol. but I couldn't agree with your statements more!!

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    It is interesting if Xavier really did tamper with her mind back then, so he can make her come. I would question it myself. She was worshipped as a Goddess and everyone loved her and feared her, and suddenly she accepts a stranger offer to join a mutant team. Yeah, it sounds fishy.
    it is very fishy and not the first time he manipulated her:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-06-2021 at 01:36 PM.