Page 631 of 772 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 11576
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I find it very hard to believe if tarn encountered a baseline human he would helpless and unable to modify their biological matter in any way. im pretty sure that is not what the creators at marvel intended especially considering he is an omega mutant.

your image isn't working

Ok so I’ve given it some more thought and you’re right. Manipulating the genes of only mutants wouldn’t make sense because there’s only one gene that causes “X-gene” yet he seemingly manipulated Storm’s whole genetic makeup. Once he deactivated her X gene she technically was no longer a mutant but he still was able to morph her back to normal. This suggests to me that his specific omega power is “genetic manipulation” This would differentiate him from Elixir who manipulates all biological life, but genetic manipulation is still a powerful ability that could have no upper limit so it would make sense.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Astonishing Member

The art for SWORD #8 is an abomination and completely undercuts what could've been another solid entry in the "Storm is a badass" vault of X-Men comics. My interest was definitely peaked with Tarn suggesting Storm's got ties to Amenth. I got a strong feeling it's Ewing getting ready to expand on the goddess aspect of Storm's heritage by linking her ancestors back to those early generations of Arrako/Okkara. Wouldn't be surprised if one of Storm's ancestors was worshipped by the Arraki at some point. Or if she's somehow connected to the dark magic of Annihilation itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Friend this is a question that is intriguing us. We are raising hypotheses, and one of them is that Storm did not see the need to use her divine powers because she herself claims that just a knife would be enough to end his life, the second of the hypotheses is that he realized he could not kill storm as there is much more to her than just her mutant powers, her mystical side for example... that's why he said that she probably also belongs to Amenth.
    As jwatson mentioned, this is a Mutant Duel, and it was Historically Recorded. If she went full Goddess, the fight would have been considered to be a cheating win. So this was the only other outcome that Ewing could think of. Of course, I would have loved to see their Omega Powers clash and shake the entire arena and planet. That would have been an epic battle before Tarn went and mend her gene. I think if the fight were of bigger magnitude, this would have been a solid Omega feat.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No it wouldn't. his mutant power is still omega because he can change mutants in an undefinable way just like storm manipulated weather in an undefinable way that can't be measured.

edit: i fixed it but will just add here too.
    Attachment 114247
    You forget that when Tarn took away her mutation, she became an average human. If Tarn couldn't affect human DNA, he wouldn't be able to amend Storm's DNA back to her mutation. I believe BFK is right here. Tarn is an omega level mutant in genes modification. He should not only be able to amend the mutant DNA but humans too or any other beings (like gods, aliens, etc.). Otherwise, what is the point of the omega level rank? Furthermore, I believe Tarn can create mutants, but not everyone can survive the process. I would like to see this as a story in the future.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 10-01-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The art for SWORD #8 is an abomination and completely undercuts what could've been another solid entry in the "Storm is a badass" vault of X-Men comics. My interest was definitely peaked with Tarn suggesting Storm's got ties to Amenth. I got a strong feeling it's Ewing getting ready to expand on the goddess aspect of Storm's heritage by linking her ancestors back to those early generations of Arrako/Okkara. Wouldn't be surprised if one of Storm's ancestors was worshipped by the Arraki at some point. Or if she's somehow connected to the dark magic of Annihilation itself.
    I have mixed feelings about the art. There were some good traits which I liked but there were some really creepy, haunting ones, as well. On art, I am probably 70/30 maybe, where 30 is in the likes and 70 is in the dislikes.

You forget there is another 70% of the world it is not just the NCSA region. The EMEA region the SWORD issue is ranked as 8th in sales currently:

Attachment 114304

https://youtu.be/IvlUo0FWyr0

This is a great recap video if anyone is interested. Blerd loves him some Storm lol. The comments section is a love letter as well. Despite all viable qualms, I think this was a great week for Storm.

Also, just my two cents, I’ve seen many people saying they don’t trust the look that Khora was giving Storm at the end, which I can understand since it could be seen as a sinister “smirk”. That’s not the impression I got when I first read it though. I got the feeling that that little smile was in reference to the declarative affirmation Ororo was asking of her. It showed Ororo saying “No” and then in the panel with Khora smiling it showed Storm saying “He wouldn’t do that, would he? That would be an insult.” I saw Khora smiling at that as a mark of pride in Storm because she understands the Arakki culture and way of thinking. She understood that to the Arakki, enhancing or changing someone’s power would be an ultimate sign of disrespect as the Arakki people value power as their “mutant weapon”(not “gift” as Krakoan mutants say) above all else. It would have been disrespect for him to suggest that she “needed” an upgrade. And Khora was proud Ororo knew and understood that. That’s how I saw it at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post

This is a great recap video if anyone is interested. Blerd loves him some Storm lol. The comments section is a love letter as well. Despite all viable qualms, I think this was a great week for Storm.

Also, just my two cents, I’ve seen many people saying they don’t trust the look that Khora was giving Storm at the end, which I can understand since it could be seen as a sinister “smirk”. That’s not the impression I got when I first read it though. I got the feeling that that little smile was in reference to the declarative affirmation Ororo was asking of her. It showed Ororo saying “No” and then in the panel with Khora smiling it showed Storm saying “He wouldn’t do that, would he? That would be an insult.” I saw Khora smiling at that as a mark of pride in Storm because she understands the Arakki culture and way of thinking. She understood that to the Arakki, enhancing or changing someone’s power would be an ultimate sign of disrespect as the Arakki people value power as their “mutant weapon”(not “gift” as Krakoan mutants say) above all else. It would have been disrespect for him to suggest that she “needed” an upgrade. And Khora was proud Ororo knew and understood that. That’s how I saw it at least!
    Interesting take on that specific panel but then again why her eyes were glowing and she was using her powers while she was smirking?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Overall i like the artist. I love that he added ethnic features to characters and that is one of the hardest things to do and get to fit proportionally on the face, especially if you aren't use to necessarily doing it. With some time this artist will be one to watch imo.
    Dautterman does am ethnic storm and poc mutants without making then look like pseudo monkeys. The artist is bad end of story. She looked different from panel to panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post

Khora's eyes were glowing red as she smirked that is an added detail that changes the meaning because the question storm asked her wasn't answered.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Dautterman does am ethnic storm and poc mutants without making then look like pseudo monkeys. The artist is bad end of story. She looked different from panel to panel.
    Yeah I didn't want to go there and say it, but this. That art should never have made it past quality control. Storm did look simian and I don't ever want a poc to look like that given the racial connotations of the past. I know that was not the artist's intent at all, but that's what I saw when I looked at some of the panels.

my god how much racism reproduction.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Interesting take on that specific panel but then again why her eyes were glowing and she was using her powers while she was smirking?
    Khora's eyes were glowing red as she smirked that is an added detail that changes the meaning because the question storm asked her wasn't answered.
    I see, that is an interesting detail but weren’t her eyes also glowing/red when she saw Ororo arrive at the Circle Perilous? I didn’t think she was using her powers then because I thought her power was mutant power amplification and energy transferral, so I didn’t see how it would apply in these situations if being used. Also in all other appearances we’ve seen her and on her Marvel data page she normally has black eyes with red irises. So I wonder why the artist here rendered her with brown irises in the beginning?

Also I read Storm’s question to Khora as being more rhetorical than an actual question so maybe that also explains why I saw it differently. She wasn’t looking for an answer, it was more of an affirmative statement in the form of a rhetorical question that Khora gave a silent smile to as a response. Which is why Ororo just kept talking afterwards and didn’t wait for her to answer.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 10-01-2021 at 01:18 PM.

BANNED

I hope we get a different artist in the next books cause that was very triggering to see.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's how I read that closing scene as well.
    Storm knows he didn't "boost" her powers and just needed confirmation (from Taki) that he set her powers back as they were as that would be the respectable thing to do as he himself gained new-found respect for her as the Regent of Arakko.
    And...As she herself understood...to do otherwise would be insulting. It was an observation made on the Tarn but also the Arakki as a people. This issue was a character study of both Storm and the Arakki.
    Given how the story played out...Ewing was just underscoring that Storm was 100% herself in power and body.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What racism?

The artist is quite capable of drawing black features. Broad noses, full lips. (yes there are black people who look like the characters he drew).
    I didn't like the inconsistency from page to page nor his particular style but to say that he rendered Storm in a racist manner is beyond reaching.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!