Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
I have always said that it's dumb that Storm is a weather manipulator and all she does is shoot lightning. Still it's very easy for these writers to throw a power feat her way and then be done with the character. And that's all this was. Impressive, but that doesn't help the character move forward. She once again has no real dialogue. No presence. No voice. Her lines could have been given to anyone and nothing would change in the story. She is just there, again. Power expansion is nice but at this point the character needs forward momentum more than anything else right now. Period. So I just don't care about what big power displays she is doing. Can they actually, develop her role in the franchise in a meaningful way first? This was just more of the same.

Another thin display for this character. But thankfully, Magneto was significant here, cause lord knows he is definitely suffering in development and characterization right? It's just comical at this point. Storm clearly wasn't meant to be the focus here and SWORD is maybe where we will actually get what I am talking about. But there is no point in trying to be satisfied or making excuses for the scraps they throw this character's way. I respect everyone's opinion as it is their own, but I don't personally see how anyone could be satisfied with what we were given with Storm today. I am done giving credit and accepting the bare minimum with this character. After languishing this long I don't give any writer or creator the benefit of the doubt anymore. Put up or shut up. That's harsh but when Storm has been an afterthought for this long, I don't care.

The actual issue and story itself is fine, but if one were looking for a Storm fix, it didn't do it for me.
1. yea I dont think anyone can argue with you there at all. They have said they have big plans for her but as you pointed out what she has done in terms of dialogue can be switched with any other character and it wouldn't change the story.

2. Yes mags definitely has been a major player in this event so as Emma. its clear which characters have been the drivers of this event and previous ones.