Page 484 of 772 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Has she shown to have done this before? What an interesting display of her power here.
    Thermokinesis applied on molecular level should be enough to stop the energy in the whip from interacting with the atoms forming the molecules in Ororo’s hand, no EM energy transfer = no damage
    If it’s a plasma whip it could also be contained by the same em fields Ororo uses to contain lightning.
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-10-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Guys this is a durability feat she handles and energy whip powerful enough to slice entire ships like hot knife through butter
    I think she held it, just as you hold a blade carefully so you dont cut yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Thermokinesis applied on molecular level should be enough to stop the energy in the whip from interacting with the atoms forming the molecules in Ororo’s hand, no EM energy transfer = no damage
    If it’s a plasma whip it could also be contained by the same em fields Ororo uses to contain lightning.

This is truly interesting! Thank you for answering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think she held it, just as you hold a blade carefully so you dont cut yourself.
    Yh but that is when the blade is still lash was in the process of well, lashing. She swung it back after cutting the ship so it was coming with full force.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If the whip is bio-electrical in nature Storm would be able to perceive its energy pattern and thus make it harmless to her.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-10-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I don’t think this is available outside the UK, but it was jolly interesting, particularly as they report that the African genome is the richest human genome, containing all the possible variants of skin/hair colour. Which made me think of a certain goddess.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ykpf

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh but that is when the blade is still lash was in the process of well, lashing. She swung it back after cutting the ship so it was coming with full force.
    Our truth, you have a good eye.

I know Iceman uses Absolute Zero to cancel the energy, If the Storm did that what you said another possible indecency she might have Absolute Zero?

Anyway, we have to ask the writer what the energy was, lol, Does anyone dare ask Duggan?

Our truth, you have a good eye.

I know Iceman uses Absolute Zero to cancel the energy, If the Storm did that what you said another possible indecency she might have Absolute Zero?

Anyway, we have to ask the writer what the energy was, lol, Does anyone dare ask Duggan?
    Who knows, our science says reaching absolute zero is an impossibility due to the rules of thermodynamics but one such as Storm could for sure come ever so close with enough effort.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    WE LOVE Storm on the great ring ahh!
    And sitting right next to Isca.

I cannot wait for Storm and Gensis/Apoc interactions when those two come back.
    After this latest issue of Hellions...I'm starting to want to see something jump off between Storm and Isca. Not necessarily a relationship, but I'd like to see some flirting or romantic tension. Anybody else want this too? Just me? Alrighty then

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I like it!!

also oan and general comment I thought I read somewhere here iceman hasn't generated absolute zero. that isn't correct he has:

now depending on you ask storm hasn't made temperatures this cold yet; however, though this first scan isn't as solid proof though I argue the opposite she did create temperatures with wind that made it as cold or colder than space and canonically those Temps are at absolute zero:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

To be honest, I don't mind if Storm doesn't reach absolutel zero because Bobby is supposed to be the supreme in that department HOWEVER, she should damn well be able to get as close to it as possible. Isn't the coldest place in Space 1 degree above absolute zero? She should be able to reach that with no issue
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    To be honest, I don't mind if Storm doesn't reach absolutel zero because Bobby is supposed to be the supreme in that department HOWEVER, she should damn well be able to get as close to it as possible. Isn't the coldest place in Space 1 degree above absolute zero? She should be able to reach that with no issue
    Mrs deathbird said the deepest of space temperature is absolute zero and psylocke mentions the temperatures she made during the hyperstorms showing was worse than deep space. in terms of his omega level abilities I dont necessarily take it as how cold he can get when it comes to ice but the insane amount of stuff he can do with it like transfer his consciousness and make replicas of himself.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    One of the reasons I didn't like this list, Storm's powers are too broad, and if there's an omega in Positive Temperature Manipulation, or an omega in Elemental Manipulation (whether they're an element or not), that means Ororo isn't an omega in these areas? And as I recall, Iceman was omega in cryokinesis (ice manipulation), not specifically in minus temperature (yes, I know this is a subpotency) and also because of his secondary mutation he was considered omega.

One of the reasons I didn't like this list, Storm's powers are too broad, and if there's an omega in Positive Temperature Manipulation, or an omega in Elemental Manipulation (whether they're an element or not), that means Ororo isn't an omega in these areas? And as I recall, Iceman was omega in cryokinesis (ice manipulation), not specifically in minus temperature (yes, I know this is a subpotency) and also because of his secondary mutation he was considered omega.
    I agree. But at this point, if they say negative temperature manipulation is his thing I don't want to worry myself up over it
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

it is broad but at least we got a taste of what that means when she created climate for an entire planet.