Page 288 of 772 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea Storm must have a big story in SWORD if they’re being so quiet about it. But it’s still possible she ends up on whatever Hickman project he does. It’s nearly halfway through the year and we still have very little idea of what the plans are lol, give us the title she’ll be appearing in at least lol.

I don’t base my assessment of Ewing’s superior writing of POC characters based off Vita not being the best Storm writer. I think Vita does fine with POC characters, including Storm. I just think he’s a better writer than her in general and virtually every non-white writer at Marvel.

But unlike other talents like say Ben Percy (who’s been underperforming on X-Force), Ewing goes out of his way to highlight his POC characters, which means he tends to do a better job of characterizing and developing them than most everyone in the industry (regardless of race).
    I understand what you're saying now and I agree that Ewing is a better writer, but it's weird to me that you made a point of saying that, "It’s ironic that he does a better job with POC characters than Vita."

I don't see what's ironic about the situation if Ewing is doing a better job with ALL of his characters (the man is talented as hell). If Vita was short-changing their POC characters the statement would be totally warranted, but I just seems like a weird comparison to make otherwise.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-26-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I understand what you're saying now and I agree that Ewing is a better writer, but it's weird to me that you made a point of saying that, "It’s ironic that he does a better job with POC characters than Vita."

I don't see what's ironic about the situation if Ewing is doing a better job with ALL of his characters (the man is talented as hell). If Vita was short-changing their POC characters the statement would be totally warranted, but I just seems like a weird comparison to make otherwise.
    I'm not a vita fan but being fair i hear people enjoy new mutants which does include man poc characters. for me its only about how they have chosen to handle storm which I think has been a complete and utter letdown.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Even Storm being in SWORD is a "best guess based off of that RoX teaser") at this point and still I don't mind they're keeping the "reveal" close to the vest right now. It may have something to do with Planet-Size and the follow through from there that could be an important spoiler ...or not.

Patience is one of my virtues so...I'm not giving in to wishful thinking and speculation borne out of disappointment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In the promo for Reign of X there's Storm holding a Mysterium tetrahedron which SWORD has been mining and is out in space where Storm is setting her eyes so...why would anyone think she'd be starring/leading in HiX-Man's unreleased book in September?
    Pretty much. She was was either ending up in Sword or whatever book Hickman cooking up, and now we know it's the former. People acting demoralized over whatever plans they have for her makes no sense to me. Ewing is great, and I prefer him over Hickman, although I like Hickman as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If she does end up in Ewing's book I'll be over the moon past Mars heading to Jupiter. SWORD has been my top X-Title since it started so that would be a win-win-win for me. Still nothing is confirmed so I'm holding my expectations firmly in check.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Interesting tidbits from Coates on his BP run, including the Storm/BP relationship...

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...ates-interview

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Interesting tidbits from Coates on his BP run, including the Storm/BP relationship...

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...ates-interview
    thsts was a great read thank you boo!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thsts was a great read thank you boo!!
    You’re welcome. I enjoyed the final issue. Part of me would love for Storm to have an all black team of her own - Black Panther, Okoye, Spectrum, Gentle, Shola Inkosi and Flint.

The Storm/Spectrum team-up from the previous issue...I completely overlooked how awesome that was.Monica turns into lightning, Storm channels her into a megabolt and drops a massive mothership from the sky. Pretty bad ass what they can do in tandem.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 05-26-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    You’re welcome. I enjoyed the final issue. Part of me would love for Storm to have an all black team of her own - Black Panther, Okoye, Spectrum, Gentle, Shola Inkosi and Flint.

The Storm/Spectrum team-up from the previous issue...I completely overlooked how awesome that was.Monica turns into lightning, Storm channels her into a megabolt and drops a massive mothership from the sky. Pretty bad ass what they can do in tandem.
    Yes I actually enjoyed the last issue too. I was hoping for one last hadari yao feat but understood it was the last issue and much of the intentionn deserved to be on tchalla. Also, yes yes yes to an all black team where she leads!!! Sign me the hell up lol.

Yea the fact she was able to contain all of spectrum power within her was impressive indeed. I would like to see more team up like this in the future.

what are you hoping to see next for storm now that bp Coates run is over?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Pretty much. She was was either ending up in Sword or whatever book Hickman cooking up, and now we know it's the former. People acting demoralized over whatever plans they have for her makes no sense to me. Ewing is great, and I prefer him over Hickman, although I like Hickman as well.
    It's not demoralization it's more of many times bitten now infinitely shy. The big plans from the jump never woowed me. I was never impressed with their statements just waiting to see if all the words will manifest into something. I will admit Hickman not writing her solo is not a shock to me. I didn't expect it. But Ewing writing her is something I didn't really dwell on and now I am ecstatic we have seen what he has done with manifold and even magneto and others pending. Storm going to space under Ewing screams big power shaking feats which we all love but many of us wanted to see her ancestry and other aspects explored too her divinity. All that can be but under Ewing I just can't see that now. Maybe in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If she does end up in Ewing's book I'll be over the moon past Mars heading to Jupiter. SWORD has been my top X-Title since it started so that would be a win-win-win for me. Still nothing is confirmed so I'm holding my expectations firmly in check.
    I would much prefer her in Ewing’s hands, along with adult Cable, than Hickman’s honestly. Big win if that’s the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I would much prefer her in Ewing’s hands, along with adult Cable, than Hickman’s honestly. Big win if that’s the case.
    why would u like to see her with adult cable?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why would u like to see her with adult cable?
    I think it’s also been hinted at that Adult Cable would joint SWORD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think it’s also been hinted at that Adult Cable would joint SWORD.
    oh I see. I dint think they have much if any interaction since the 90s right?

And just to be clear before my car gets here. In no way does Hickman going the opposite way I wanted him to go minimizes any of what was presented in all of the books. Hickman still is a good writer and writes one hell of a storm but I think the direction things are going in for me, certain things will be better to wait until it's over and read it rather than on a month to month or week to week basis. I do feel the twist this issue was lazy, just my opinion but I feel now I can see where the influence of the other writers and the book itself may have changed the trajectory for certain characters and I'm thankful for that. I also have a greater appreciation for Ben Percy work as I think he wrote the closet to the ultimate goal hickman may be going for. Either way this is the most exciting the xbooks have been in awhile and given what he has written seeing it now I truly appreciate the free reign he has given his collaborators and I feel I can really see it now.

And the appearance of onslaught makes perfect sense now and why storm is heading to space. My hopeful head canon is this will lead to a company reboot and more cohesion across all lines using moira but time.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-26-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/